PDA

View Full Version : Is Anybody's "16" Still Sweet?

Bullaholic
03-20-2006, 07:06 PM
I didn't make any official picks in the NCAA---good thing because I don't have many teams left still "alive".

I don't know basketball, but just for the "fun" of it I'm going with these for the Final Four:

Duke
Bradley
UConn
Villanova

Duke-UConn final w/ Duke winning Title

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Duke is really tough, whether they're on or off their game... UConn is full of Stars, they'd be the safe pick...

'Nova's nothing special but I could see them making it...

And Bradley is VERY impressive... a lot of those Cinderella's make runs with a little bit of luck... Bradley's just doing their thing and are a very scary team...

My fangers are crossed for the them 'Horns, though, not too big of a long-shot...

Bullaholic
03-20-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Duke is really tough, whether they're on or off their game... UConn is full of Stars, they'd be the safe pick...

'Nova's nothing special but I could see them making it...

And Bradley is VERY impressive... a lot of those Cinderella's make runs with a little bit of luck... Bradley's just doing their thing and are a very scary team...

My fangers are crossed for the them 'Horns, though, not too big of a long-shot...

Yea, my heart is with the "Horns, Gobbla, but I don't think they can get past Duke---hope they can get fired up and pull the upset if the Horns get by the next one.

smustangs
03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
i have texas gettin beat by duke but it wouldnt hurt my feelings to see my brackets messed up by texas

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yea, my heart is with the "Horns, Gobbla, but I don't think they can get past Duke---hope they can get fired up and pull the upset if the Horns get by the next one.

they'd have to play a great game against Duke to beat 'em... I believe they would be "up" for that game for three reasons:

1.) It's Duke...
2.) IT'S THE MADNESS BABY (Vitale-like)
3.) The revenge factor

When Duke killed UT in the regular season this year UT wasn't at full-force I guess you could say, but still, that early in the season Duke was playing better than they are now, they may have hit the climax early... but they're still as scrappy as hell and would be hard to pick against in a game with the 'Horns...

But you gotta hope the "awesome" side of the 'Horns would show up in that game, and I believe they would... still might not be enough though...

Gotta get past those mountain folk first, though...

kepdawg
03-21-2006, 04:16 PM
I only have 6 of the Sweet Sixteen, but 3 of my Final Four are still in!

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I have all 4 final 4 picks left... i need UT to not win the national championship so i can keep my hair :)

lostaussie
03-21-2006, 06:13 PM
i have the entire region left with duke, ut, w virginia and lsu. problem is my other 3 brackets SUCK. gonzaga only other final 4 pick i have left.

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:30 PM
i picked 12 of the 16

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
Look out for the Dukies the freshman are gonna step up and jj is gonna carry them to a NCAA championship...

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:38 PM
nova over duke is what i got

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Brotha you got it all wrong man!

LH Panther Mom
03-21-2006, 08:36 PM
I still have 9 of 16, and 3 of my final 4. Not too sweet anymore, but I guess it could be worse.

gobbler grad
03-21-2006, 08:46 PM
got 11 of the 16...just hoping for 8 of the 8...:D and so on...