PDA

View Full Version : Little stat about UT and the Sweet 16

KTJ
03-20-2006, 12:23 PM
Over the past 5 years, 52 teams have made it to the Sweet 16.

Of those 52 teams, Duke made it all 5 years. There were only two teams to make it 4 out of 5 years. Those two teams?

Texas
uConn

Phil C
03-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Interesting information KTJ! We may not have an NC yet but we sure have been consistently good.

injuredinmelee
03-20-2006, 01:06 PM
we lose games that we shouldnt though against opponents we should beat. I dont know if this comes down to coaching or parody. Barnes has had the talent now it is time he is held to the same standard that Mack is.

Txbroadcaster
03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we lose games that we shouldnt though against opponents we should beat. I dont know if this comes down to coaching or parody. Barnes has had the talent now it is time he is held to the same standard that Mack is.

Barnes has taken a program that made one elite 8 run in like 30 years and has put them into a final four, and into the sweet 16 4 out of 5 years. Texas is now considered a top 10 program year in and year out.

In basketball ALL teams lose a game or two they should not win, but Texas has also won a couple of games they might should have lost ex Memphis on the road.

3afan
03-20-2006, 02:03 PM

could be the parity in college hoops ... pretty sure its not parody !!! :D

;)

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 02:41 PM
they are real good this year. ut will only lose one more game:D

eagles_victory
03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
. Barnes has had the talent now it is time he is held to the same standard that Mack is. I disagree Mack had the top 2 or 3 most talented teams in the country year in and year out for a while and came short. IMO Barnes has never had a team in the top 2 or 3 talent wise in the country. There were teams more talented then the Texas final four team they just made it with hard work and a pretty good draw. This may be Texas's most talented team but I wouldn't say there in the top 3 in the country in talent this year.

KTJ
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM

This would be nice except there's no way you can compare basketball with football.

Two different sports, two different outcomes, two different situations.

District303aPastPlayer
03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This would be nice except there's no way you can compare basketball with football.

Two different sports, two different outcomes, two different situations.

hes comparing coaching standards and winning as opposed to football vs basketball... its a viable comparison. you either have talent and win, or have talent and dont do much... UT doesnt have top 3 talent in the country year in and year out... so i do agree that you shouldnt compare UT Basketball with UT Football in that light...

Hupernikomen
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I agree with the many before who have stated UT talent, although very good, does not compare as the best with a few select teams year in and year out.

Keith7
03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Over the past 5 years, 52 teams have made it to the Sweet 16.

Of those 52 teams, Duke made it all 5 years. There were only two teams to make it 4 out of 5 years. Those two teams?

Texas
uConn

wait a second, 2 of those teams u mentioned have championships in those 5 years.. where is texas'??

Buccaneer
03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
This is also the 1st time in 26 years that at least Kentucky, North Carolina or Kansas did not make it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Chris Hart
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I personally think this texas team is just as talented if not more so than the final four team a few years back. This team is built for tournament play IMO. I have them making the championship game against UConn but losing. If I had it to do over again now, I may have picked them to win it all. They're gonna be a tough out...

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
wait a second, 2 of those teams u mentioned have championships in those 5 years.. where is texas'??

Yah, very good information there, :rolleyes: , but I do not believe that this post was about National Championships...

Maybe you'd think differently if they had a Silver Boot... but if they had that on the same terms your team does, they wouldn't be holding two college sports national championships and going for another as we speak...

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, very good information there, :rolleyes: , but I do not believe that this post was about National Championships...

Maybe you'd think differently if they had a Silver Boot... but if they had that on the same terms your team does, they wouldn't be holding two college sports national championships and going for another as we speak...

Eww, and wouldn't make the postseason either...

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Teams that shouldn't have beat UT?

A&M had a hell of a run toword the end of the season...

OU is always tough under the current coaching staff....

And losing to DUKE and TENN without a key starter on the boards???

What do you want, an undefeated season? No team has done that in over 20+ years (Hell, may be 30, when did IU do it?)...

KTJ
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM

This thread isn't about NC's. It's about Sweet 16's.

Pay attention and stop trying to start stuff.

Keith7
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
:rolleyes:

Wow this word is allowed to be on here?!?!?! ur sick please don't reply to my messages anymore

Keith7
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
This thread isn't about NC's. It's about Sweet 16's.

Pay attention and stop trying to start stuff.

oops sorry.. just throwing out some stats

mustang04
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM

prolly lost to the champions at one point

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow this word is allowed to be on here?!?!?! ur sick please don't reply to my messages anymore

Is that how you spell it?

sorry for replying to your message again... well not really...

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
prolly lost to the champions at one point

Yah, those Orange fellers with their Carmelo Anthony guy... that sounds like a coffee for some reason... Carmelo... better than :rolleyes: I guess...

Keith7
03-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Is that how you spell it?

Are u not a good speller :rolleyes: ??

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Are u not a good speller :rolleyes: ??

No, just trying to stir you up, looks like it worked...

And a very good speller, and I know that is not how it is traditionally spelled... but that is how it is spelled now...

:rolleyes: bwahaha... even included the 2001... congrats... took you long enough...

smustangs
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
wow i have a feeling this one is going to get locked down quick haha

Keith7
03-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by smustangs

I just heard he liked pecans, and walnuts, so i figured i'd help him pick out a new nickname, :rolleyes:

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by smustangs

Probably so, I guess I got out of hand with the :rolleyes: deal...

What is REALLLLY funny is how he says "OH, that's allowed here? Don't talk to me you're sick" like he's Mr. High and Mighty and above and beyond all of us in social correctness, yet he calls me a :rolleyes: ? What a, well, you know, a Keith...

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I just heard he liked pecans, and walnuts, so i figured i'd help him pick out a new nickname, :rolleyes:

Yah, there ya go, and my typing your name as :rolleyes: was because I still talk like a 2 year old...

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Geez Guys!!

Either behave or it WILL be locked down.

Excuse me for a few minutes while I go back and edit.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!:foul: :foul: :foul:

Gobbla2001
03-20-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Geez Guys!!

Either behave or it WILL be locked down.

Excuse me for a few minutes while I go back and edit.

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!:foul: :foul: :foul:

Okay okay, sorry for making your night miserable...

But not sorry for what I said... won't happen again, though!!!

So were you wearing something behind that flag or NOT?

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Okay okay, sorry for making your night miserable...

But not sorry for what I said... won't happen again, though!!!

So were you wearing something behind that flag or NOT?

Whew!! I think I am done!! :rolleyes:

YES! Can you not see my shirt??:D

mustang04
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
what i think Lebron needs to do is to leave Cleveland and go to a team that he can win a championship with, it aint ever gonna happen w/ the Cav's