PDA

View Full Version : JD94

spiveyrat
03-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Tell us about the bass tourney!!! Or at least PM me... please! :)

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Tell us about the bass tourney!!! Or at least PM me... please! :) that's funny. i just pm'ed the exact same thing. the hack attack (greg hackney) won the pro side.

spiveyrat
03-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
that's funny. i just pm'ed the exact same thing. the hack attack (greg hackney) won the pro side.

Yeah, I was pulling for the home-town boy... Todd Faircloth. He grew up down the street from me. We used to ride 3 wheelers together. Now that I think of it, he had a 225 Yamaha back then. Now his 225 Yamaha is an outboard motor. :D

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
i know todd. he runs one of those fine skeeter boats.

bulldogbark
03-20-2006, 04:08 PM
this is what I found

HackneyWalks Away with Grand Prize

03/20/06
Mike Lout

Competition moved into the fourth and final round on Sunday in the Citgo Bassmaster Elite Series Bass Tournament’s Lone Star Shoot Out on nearby Lake Sam Rayburn and when the final weigh in was complete, it was Greg Hackney of Gonzalez, Louisiana that was on top, taking home one hundred two thousand dollars in prize money.

Hackney was ahead early on but ended up bringing a total of seventy-nine pounds and ten ounces of fish. Coming in not far behind in second was dean roajs of Lake Havasau, Arizona, who weighed his total catch in at seventy-five pounds, thirteen ounces. Coming in third was bass pro Kevin Van Dam of Kalamazoo, Michigan who netted a total of sixty-eight pounds and once ounce.

Prior to the weigh in, which was held at the Umphrey Pavilion on Recreational Road 255, the promoters of the event along with ESPN television allowed those present to see a video presentation about Jasper and it’s people. They said the program would soon air on the network.

lepfan
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
We used to ride 3 wheelers together. Ha Ha Ha...you just dated yourself!:D :D :D

spiveyrat
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I had seen who won it. I just wanted to get his perspective on the tournament as a "co-angler", the "non-pro" that accompanies the pro in the boat.

spiveyrat
03-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Ha Ha Ha...you just dated yourself!:D :D :D

Not very much... If he's 30... he's not much over. I'm around 5-6 years older than Todd.

Oh! you mean with the three-wheeler comment, huh? Hey, it was the '80's and there weren't too many 4-wheelers around yet. I still remember the first one that came out. A Suzuki 125 that was orange and ugly as sin. They've come a long way since then.

lepfan
03-20-2006, 06:52 PM

Oh! you mean with the three-wheeler comment, huh? Hey, it was the '80's Yes...that comment. I broke my tailbone on a 3 wheeler. The guy I was riding with decided to jump and I landed smack dab on the rack .... dang did that ever hurt!!!!!! Still gives me hell every once in a while :(