PDA

View Full Version : Clueless AGAIN

44INAROW
03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
I noticed that Eagle6Man is BANNED.. what happened?

Eagle6Man
*** Banned Member ***

Member #: 6283

Snyder_TigerFan
03-20-2006, 10:28 AM
I was wondering the same. Does it have anything to do with Lew?

Phil C
03-20-2006, 10:29 AM
I really am sorry to hear about that. I really enjoyed his posts.

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 11:22 AM
seems to make it around the 6 to 7 hundred post mark and then get banned. i been fishing all weekend so i didn't get to see what he did. seems like a likable kind of guy though. just doesn't know when to bite his tongue. oh well!!!!!!!

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 11:32 AM
No matter what some people think of him (even some of my friends), I like him alot, and wish he were allowed here. But thats alright, he doesnt really seemed to be bothered by it all that much, and I can always talk to him on his site.
Lew is my friend, and I am proud to say so!

Snyder_TigerFan
03-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
No matter what some people think of him (even some of my friends), I like him alot, and wish he were allowed here. But thats alright, he doesnt really seemed to be bothered by it all that much, and I can always talk to him on his site.

I never had any problems with Lew, just like to stir the pot with him! He had some good insight, at times.

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Lew is my friend, and I am proud to say so! i'm quite sure he appreciates that post.

Phantom Stang
03-20-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll admit that I didn't always get along with Lew during his first tour here. It seems however, that as Eagle6Man, he was doing a pretty good job of watching his step.
Maybe I missed something that got deleted.:thinking:

Phil C
03-20-2006, 11:45 AM

Hey STANG can you pm me on how to get on his site?

mustang04
03-20-2006, 11:46 AM
i dunno bout yall..but after his comments on another website about the Dlow.....i am FREAKIN GLAD he's gone:clap: :clap: :clap:

44INAROW
03-20-2006, 11:50 AM
I didn't mean to "stir the pot" :) I've been kinda absent lately and didn't even realize Eagle6was Lew......

by the way.. I still can't find ANY details on the Three Rivers track meet last weekend..... :(

sww-bull52
03-20-2006, 11:57 AM

I'm with you Red!!!

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Hey STANG can you pm me on how to get on his site?

You should have it now Phil. Thanks

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i dunno bout yall..but after his comments on another website about the Dlow.....i am FREAKIN GLAD he's gone:clap: :clap: :clap:

You have every right to feel that way Reg, and I respect your feelings because of our freindship, but I really wish you would give him another chance. He really is a good guy, and he does love his Mustangs every bit as much as you do. You dont have to agree with everything he has to say. I dont, but he is a wealth of knowledge on many issues.

mustang04
03-20-2006, 12:24 PM
You have every right to feel that way Reg, and I respect your feelings because of our freindship, but I really wish you would give him another chance. He really is a good guy, and he does love his Mustangs every bit as much as you do. You dont have to agree with everything he has to say. I dont, but he is a wealth of knowledge on many issues.
you might be right, but im the kinda person that definitely does not like when another goes somewhere and talks mess about a group or sumthing im in (3adownlow) then wants to join...he might be a great guy, i dunno, but that kinda thing just doent fly with me, no disrespect

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
you might be right, but im the kinda person that definitely does not like when another goes somewhere and talks mess about a group or sumthing im in (3adownlow) then wants to join...he might be a great guy, i dunno, but that kinda thing just doent fly with me, no disrespect

I know I know, and there was alot of that, that he said, that I didnt like either. But at the same time, I recognized his frustrations, and his need to vent them, so I didnt pay too much attention to that. Once he cooled off and dropped it, everyting was ok.

Phil C
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
You should have it now Phil. Thanks

Thanks STANG - I got it! I am not going to take sides in this matter because I liked Eagle6Fan but I am also friends both on the downlow and in person with many people that post here so I am just going to remain neutral and stay out of any arguments.

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 12:46 PM
I am not going to argue about it either. I love both sites, and really enjoy most all of the people on the downlow, and plan on being here for along time to come. I dont feel the need to swear an oath of allegience to any one of the three sites I belong to though. I get alot out of everyone of them, and try to have insightful input on all of them as well.
There always have been, and always will be clashes in personalities when you get a group of people together in any forum. Heck its even part of the fun. There will always be times when some of us cross the line and will have to be nudged back across, but people really shouldnt take anything personal that is said on any of these sites. It's just too easy to be misunderstood many times.

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
I do want to say something here, and I am trying really hard to stay out of this whole thing.

LewP and I didn't talk for a while....I was also upset with what he had posted about fellow downlowers on his board. We spoke about that very thing not too long ago, and we did realize one thing....he and I take things that are said in 2 completely different ways.

Anyway, he agreed to remove everything he has posted on his board about the downlow members....and he did that.

I realize some of you were/are upset, and believe me, I do understand. It is just not in my nature to hold a grudge like that.

A little story here....when I was 19 y/o, me and my step sister got into a big fight after Thanksgiving Dinner...a fist fight. She ended up having an nervous breakdown. She was told NOT to have any contact with the family, so the last time any of us saw her, she was being sat on by her husband and dad, while they told me to GET OUT!

Fast forward to 3 days before Christmas, my step dad was killed in a car wreck.....I don't think either one of us, to this day, has forgiven ourselves that the last time we both saw him...we were fighting, she was being physically restrained and I was being shoved out of the front door.

That incident changed what I tend to "hold on to" and what I can "let go"...it's amazing how much one can let go if they really want to.

sinton66
03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Eagle6Man was indeed LewP. He posted something on here that was inappropriate for this site and was banned for it. I have been assured it was not a rash decision by one board leader alone.

I really want to discourage this type of thread in the future. They really serve no purpose. If any of you feel that you MUST know why someone was banned, I suggest you pm a mod or admin with your question. We don't keep secrets between us. Most of the time, we all know why something was done.

When approached in this manner (publicly, in an open thread), it appears that some of you don't trust our judgement. It's like we're being "called on the carpet" for merely doing the job we've agreed to do. Frankly, that's gotten quite old. There is ALWAYS someone who will disagree with whatever we do. That is the reason we decided some time ago to close the threads immediately after announcing a rom. There really is no need for discussion after the fact, particularily in an open thread.

44INAROW
03-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

When approached in this manner (publicly, in an open thread), it appears that some of you don't trust our judgement. It's like we're being "called on the carpet" for merely doing the job we've agreed to do. Frankly, that's gotten quite old. There is ALWAYS someone who will disagree with whatever we do. That is the reason we decided some time ago to close the threads immediately after announcing a rom. There really is no need for discussion after the fact, particularily in an open thread.

Tony, I assure you, that was not my intent at all... Since I started this new job, my downlow time has been limited and I am not on nearly as much as I'd like to be and have been missing the day to day goings on. I apologize if any of the moderators think I was questioning their authority or anything like that, I was just being nosey as to what I'd missed. I realized too late that I should have done so in a PM.. I'll be more careful in the future....

STANG RED
03-20-2006, 02:18 PM
I certainly didnt make a post that meant to question any of the mods judgement about anything, and I dont remember seeing one by anyone else that did either. If one of mine was misinterpreted as such, I am sorry, but that was not my intent.

sinton66
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
It wasn't my intention to accuse anyone of anything either. That's why I chose words like "appears" and "It's like...". Just trying to get everyone to see that this can get on our nerves. No one likes to be "second guessed".

44INAROW
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Group Hug }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:) :) :)

DaHop72
03-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

:) :) :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

:) :) :)

http://kit.netpoets.net/grouphug.gif

(I always loved that smilie)

eagles_victory
03-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

A little story here....when I was 19 y/o, me and my step sister got into a big fight after Thanksgiving Dinner...a fist fight. She ended up having an nervous breakdown. She was told NOT to have any contact with the family, so the last time any of us saw her, she was being sat on by her husband and dad, while they told me to GET OUT!
What were yall fighting over who got the big piece of turkey??:D

eagles_victory
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
oops i messed up mixed up turkey and chicken and tried to change it but did it wrong sorry guys

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
What were yall fighting over who got the big piece of turkey??:D

Not hardly! :rolleyes:

bulldogbark
03-20-2006, 04:03 PM
somebody is squeezing way to tight....and who's hand is on my rear:D :D :D

DU_stud04
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
sry my bad....

44INAROW
03-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
somebody is squeezing way to tight....and who's hand is on my rear:D :D :D

sshhhh don't tell anyone :D

lepfan
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
discourage this type of thread in the future. They really serve no purpose. First off...this post is not a judgement for anyone, nor is it critisizing what is being said...it is just a random thought....imagine that---me, with a random thought ;)

But, many posts on here really serve no purpose whatsoever...where would we be without all the pointless and purposeless posts....:D

lostaussie
03-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
where would we be without all the pointless and purposeless posts....:D LOST:D

Ranger Mom
03-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
LOST:D

AUSSIE??:kiss:

bulldogbark
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
(removing hand from rear) I had a random thought once....I think....could have been a brain fart....well something made me wake up:D