PDA

View Full Version : George Mason !!!!!

3afan
03-19-2006, 04:21 PM
cool - down goes UNC !!!

Old Tiger
03-19-2006, 04:24 PM
There will be a cinderella in the elite 8 no matter what now. George Mason vs. Whichita State.

Gobbla2001
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Not cool, not cool not cool...

GM played some great defense, with the help of UNC going cold on shooting after the hot start...

Either way I'm proud of those Tar-Heels, they will be VERY good next year, was a total shock to see them reach the top 10 this year... they're a very tough squad, fought till the end and that's all you can ask for after returning no starters from last year's team...

I didn't get to see the whole game, got called into work and paused it on the DVR, got back home and saw it was halftime so started fartin' around, then I remembered "Oh crap, I DVR'd it, gotta fast-forward"... 4 minutes were left...

In that 4 minutes I saw what really gets on my nerves about basketball in general...

The HUGE dude from GM, along with Davis of LSU yesterday and Shaq always get away with physically abusing the lighter-weights on both offense and defense... does anyone know why? Obviously it's not because they're black and gettin' a pass, but do you think civil rights activists are all over these refs saying "If you call a foul on him it's because he's fat and we'll have your ass in court"???

Just kiddin' about that last part, but I have always noticed that the huge-asses in the paint get away with a lot more than the skinny ones...

gobbler grad
03-19-2006, 04:33 PM
un freakin believable...how many more upsets today...:thinking:
had UNC going a little further

Old Tiger
03-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Roy Williams was getting really pissed off at his team. He almost pulled a Bobby Knight

3afan
03-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
un freakin believable...how many more upsets today...:thinking:
had UNC going a little further

I HAD UNC TOO BUT WHO CARES!

Gobbla2001
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
I HAD UNC TOO BUT WHO CARES!

I wish they woulda won, but hell of a season regardless... The Hill should be more proud this year of their team than last year's considering the circumstances...

Now on to Texas!!!

Hook 'Em!!!

3afan
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
yeah I gotta watch that one online ... 5:04 tip -- local station has Ohio St/Georgetown

Gobbla2001
03-19-2006, 04:52 PM
yeah I gotta watch that one online ... 5:04 tip -- local station has Ohio St/Georgetown

NC State could give 'em some match-up problems outside and on the arch... just depends on which Texas team shows up...

3afan
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
DickieV picked NCSt

eagles_victory
03-19-2006, 05:08 PM
DickieV picked NCSt NCST is in the ACC Vitale is in love with the ACC