at http://www.texasprepxtra.com

Monday Chez Thomas, DB Kennedale
Tuesday Shawnbrey McNeal, RB Dallas Madison
Wednesday Ahmard Howard, TE Brenham
Thursday Reggie Madu, DB Pflugerville
Friday Lennon Creer, RB Tatum

eagles_victory
03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
no offence but why is this stuff on here when you have to pay 9.95 a month just to be able to read it. Is 3adownlow now hit the level where we have to advertise for texasprepxtra.com

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 12:26 AM
actually it has since I am the one writting the articles....and working for texasprepxtra.......

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
no offence but why is this stuff on here when you have to pay 9.95 a month just to be able to read it. Is 3adownlow now hit the level where we have to advertise for texasprepxtra.com

texashsfootball.com provides most of the same content FOR FREE!!! hit the site :)

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 12:35 AM
See Player Player Profiles (http://www.texashsfootball.com/players/index.htm) including that of We're Back, and Bradley Stephens, RB from the Valley...

View the Team Texas (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/teamtexas05/index.htm) Awards for 2005...

See which Players have Committed (http://www.texashsfootball.com/players/college/commit07.htm) to which schools. . .

All for free at Texas HS Football - The Top Source For Texas High School (http://texashsfootball.com/index.html)

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 12:37 AM
to be honest they don't actually.....Chris does a good job especially with his message boards they are awesome....but for pure site info....its not much of a comparison.....we have articles on players daily....and I mean articles....we have highlight videos of just about any top prep player in the state....we have game highlight videos, premium audio content from DFW, Houston, Central Texas and West Texas....we hope to have some south texas premium audio soon as well...we are even posting 2006 team previews.....but I guess if you never paid the 9.95$ for a membership you wouldnt know what you are missing...

eagles_victory
03-21-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
to be honest they don't actually.....Chris does a good job especially with his message boards they are awesome....but for pure site info....its not much of a comparison.....we have articles on players daily....and I mean articles....we have highlight videos of just about any top prep player in the state....we have game highlight videos, premium audio content from DFW, Houston, Central Texas and West Texas....we hope to have some south texas premium audio soon as well...we are even posting 2006 team previews.....but I guess if you never paid the 9.95$ for a membership you wouldnt know what you are missing... 9.95 a month is a pretty stiff price to pay.

District303aPastPlayer
03-21-2006, 12:44 AM
hey, did you have an interview with the UIL Exec. Director the day of Realignment?

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 12:49 AM
maybe it is...that's what 40 cents a day.....all I am saying is don't bash what you don't know....I bet if gave it a shot you'd like it....would you want to read a player profile of say Bradley Stephens or would you want to not only read articles about Bradley but watch his highlights...here is an example

Bradley Stephens Player Profile on texahsfootball.com

http://www.texashsfootball.com/players/2007/stephensbradley.htm

(which by the way a number of the articles listed are rivals articles)

Bradley Stephens rivals.com profile

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=34604

You basically get the same stuff for free.....however for the 9.95 you can watch his highlights.....etc

Just a quick comparison..you can get the same stuff on rivals as you get other places..but if you pay a little more you get a little more...

Again I am not bashing what Chris does....he does great with the resources he has...but I feel from a pure content standpoint we do a GREAT job at tpx

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Actually 2 years ago we did....we actually also had a sit down with him at the Newton-Argyle state championship game as well..since we actually were at the game covering it....

luvhoops34
03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
This is way beyond wrong.....You are promoting a site you get paid to work for, that's costs $$$ to view, by dissing txhsfootball.com, which is free....Geez

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 08:05 AM
when did I ever diss texashsfootball????? I am simply pointing out facts that can't be disputed I hardly call that a diss if it was a diss I'd be saying Chris' site sucks, don't visit blah blah and I have NEVER said that again I think Chris does a great job with the resources he has (basically a one man operation).....I have let people promote texashsfootball on this site numerous times and I don't have a problem with it.....

However if someone is going to say that you can get things at texashsfootball.com for free which you can't get at rivals.com its false....you can get the same stuff at rivals for free as you get at Chris's site. plus if you pay for the subscription you get extra..I guess I should apologize for taking pride in my work...I work hard at texasprepxtra.com and I am not afraid to admit it and promote my work..if people aren't interested simply don't click on the link or thread

FYI the site where you get nothing for free is texpreps.com which is on the scout.com network...the only thing you get free there is the message board....

ProducerBilly
03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Also for the 9.95 you get access to ALL of the Rivals.com network basically, not just TPX.

You whiny people from Chris' site need to grow up. This is Little Matt's site and he can advertise what he wants. The fact is truth apparently hurts. Little Matt is dead on with the comparisons and links to prove it and some of you have a problem with it.

He lets you promote a site that TPX doesn't allow you to link on our msg boards because its a competitor site. I think you should just enjoy what 3adownlow brings to the table and quit whining about it. This is the best place on the net for 3A talk and you should be thankful that its here.

Bash TPX all you want, but its easily the best site for Content and highlights, and Little Matt does a killer job, if you people only knew how much time he puts into it you might be a little more appreciative.

And oh yeah, who are you to tell Little Matt what he can and can't advertise or post on his site? LOL!

HighSchool Fan
03-21-2006, 08:19 AM
i've seen some of the highlight clips over at texasprepxtra. the one's i've seen are no where close to being worth $10 a month. the team previews are pretty much the same on both sites except for 1 thing, one site doesn't charge for them.

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
i've seen some of the highlight clips over at texasprepxtra. the one's i've seen are no where close to being worth $10 a month. the team previews are pretty much the same on both sites except for 1 thing, one site doesn't charge for them.
I was on texasprepxtra for a few months about two-three years ago. If you're looking at just the recruiting stuff, Rivals has much more to offer than Chris' site because they have tons of scouts all over the country. For a guy who tries to follow Auburn from Texas, it's great.

But other than those few months when football recruiting is heating up it's a waste to me. Personally, I'll never pay money to read an article unless that article is in a newspaper. If you're just wanting to read articles, Chris' site is just as good. But then again, when you say stuff like that to the people on the Downlow you're preaching to the choir.

big daddy russ
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by ProducerBilly
You whiny people from Chris' site need to grow up...
Are you in the marketing department over there? Great way to attract customers.

He lets you promote a site that TPX doesn't allow you to link on our msg boards because its a competitor site...
TPX isn't his site. This is. He's an employee of TPX, owner of the Downlow.

And oh yeah, who are you to tell Little Matt what he can and can't advertise or post on his site? LOL!
When they both become property of the same owner, then we'll talk. Until then, he can say whatever he wants on HIS site.

...and Little Matt does a killer job, if you people only knew how much time he puts into it you might be a little more appreciative.
We're not arguing that. We read his articles whenever we get the chance. He's a great writer and we know he works hard.

Personally, I just have a hard time regurgitating $9.95 to read an article.

Like I said, I love to read Matt's stuff. He's already a better writer than me and I've been doing it longer. But by the same token, Chris is also a great writer, puts in just as much work, and is free.

So if you're asking me which site I'm going to choose, I guess I'm one of those whiny people. Not because his stuff is just head and shoulders above everyone else, but because he gets almost as much information across and it doesn't set me back anything but the $40 a month I pay for internet.

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't see what the big deal is...

The fact is that Matt busted his ass on this site back in the day and has earned the right to post what he wants to... as he said, don't click on it if you don't want to read it...

I do not have a membership there, and read TXHSFootball more than I ever do TPX, but I just can't see what the big deal is...

Yah, Matt is advertising his site, but it's not like he has pop-ups on here...

Chris advertises his site here with the help of others, I see more about his site here than I do Matt's... do I have a problem with it? No... Who cares... If you wanna drop 10 bucks a month on TPX, that's your deal, if you don't, that's your deal... I think it would be worth it to the fan who has about 10 rivals sites he/she wants to be able to access, but that's just my opinion...

Matt gave Chris his props, he was only defending his site, which showcases great pride in what he does as well as Chris showcases when his site is in question...

You guys are like paranas, damn...:D

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
someone actually sees my point....I will say this the highlights are MUCH better now than they used to be.......I will see if there is any way I can get clips of some of the games I did last year and post em here...for free so you can see...

I will also post a team preview for 2006 that we have for free and see what you guys think...if you don't like it...that's fine it is your perogative....but I'll post it just for viewing purposes...

Ranger Mom
03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I refuse to pay ANY dollars to look at a site....I'm just not THAT into that kind of information. But, if people will pay, then by all means, charge for the right!

That being said, I think its rather "unprofessional" to go to one site and call ANOTHER (rival at that) site's posters "whiney"!!

I know there are several of us, me included, that are members of all 3 of the sites.

I stay here and at TexasHSFootball more, for one, TXP has too many pop-ups for my computer to handle at home, and the West Texas Forum is DEAD!!!!

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 02:23 PM
I posted free highlights of the Gainesville-Wimberley game..

eagles_victory
03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Also for the 9.95 you get access to ALL of the Rivals.com network basically, not just TPX.

You whiny people from Chris' site need to grow up. This is Little Matt's site and he can advertise what he wants. The fact is truth apparently hurts. Little Matt is dead on with the comparisons and links to prove it and some of you have a problem with it.

He lets you promote a site that TPX doesn't allow you to link on our msg boards because its a competitor site. I think you should just enjoy what 3adownlow brings to the table and quit whining about it. This is the best place on the net for 3A talk and you should be thankful that its here.

Bash TPX all you want, but its easily the best site for Content and highlights, and Little Matt does a killer job, if you people only knew how much time he puts into it you might be a little more appreciative.

And oh yeah, who are you to tell Little Matt what he can and can't advertise or post on his site? LOL! I dont even know who Chris is so I am not from Chris's site. But i dont like how your grouping everyone together and calling them whiney. Your right Matt has the right to post whatever he wants to on his site but it doesnt mean we have to agree it with it being on here. I may not have made this site but I have rights also and I don't mind Matt posting this I was just stating not very many people are gonna read these articles because they dont want to pay the outrageous fee it cost. You can stat your opinions without stuffing them down everyones throat and disrespecting previous posters just bc there opinion differes from yours.

Sweetwater Red
03-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, I am a little biased. Matt had us
like #16 in his pre-season poll. If he had
scouted Sweetwater from the previous
year, he would have known we were
returning a load of super-sophomores
for their junior years. Texashsfootball
had us #1 in their preseason poll.
Somebody "over there" did some
research. Although, #1 turned out to be
a little over-enthusiastic, We did lose
in the semi-finals to the eventual state
champs.
Something tells me that ol" Matt will have
us in his top ten next year. If not then he
is definitely a "closet" Snyder Tiger fan:D .

DaHop72
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Somebody "over there" did some
research. Although, #1 turned out to be
a little over-enthusiastic, We did lose
in the semi-finals to the eventual state
champs.
Something tells me that ol" Matt will have
us in his top ten next year. If not then he
is definitely a "closet" Snyder Tiger fan:D . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Emerson1
03-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Does the 9.95 get you acces to all of the rivals network? I was thinking about subscribing to Texas.rivals.com website.

AggieJohn
03-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
9.95 a month is a pretty stiff price to pay.

not for me, i am in the rivals network

if you can't schlack out 10 bones for the indepth coverage then maybe your mcdonald runs are too important to you

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

That being said, I think its rather "unprofessional" to go to one site and call ANOTHER (rival at that) site's posters "whiney"!!

Some were whining... wouldn't they be whiney? ha

Gobbla2001
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
for free so you can see...

Yah right, that would just be a "marketing tactic boo hoo hoo :crying: "

Just keep rockin' on, Matt... You run this show here, if they don't like it, they can leave... this isn't a democracy, they can't vote you off... the best they can do is leave, like all of the people who leave Mexico etc... for America... they can't do anything about it so they go to greener pastures... AKA: All of you who stay think this is the greenest pasture this side of Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Mexico and the Gulf of Mexico (damn lotta Mexicos in there, this a Fiesta?)...

I really enjoy reading all of your posts, posters... Even Keith and Chief On'Crack make posts that I enjoy reading... But if you're gunna sit here and 'bee I tee see eigch' and 'white zifandale' all of the time some moderators really need to start pullin' triggers...

Rock on Downlow, Rock on TexasHSFootball, Rock on TXP, rock on whoever gives a damn about High School sports in the great State of Texas... get crushed by a rock whoever just wants to whine about another's success all of the time...

Matthew328
03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
LOL i could also go into some other rankings snafus that people did this past pre-season but I'll leave it alone....LOL

ProducerBilly
03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Ok I wasn't calling everyone whiney, I was referring to certain people who just want to bash TPX, I'm personally sick of it.

As for not allowing THSF links, I meant we don't allow them on TPX, I wasn't referring to how things are run here.

You might not like our highlights but its not like have $1000 camera's doing the highlights. We do the best that we can with the equipment we are either given or have at our own disposal.

At least you get to see highlights of teams you've either never seen, might not ever see or may have wanted to see but never had the chance.

3afan
03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

you're opinion of the sites is based on where your team was in a PRESEASON poll? geez ........ just cause SW wasnt #1 does not mean there was no research done ... its just differing opinions.

Ranger Mom
03-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
if you can't schlack out 10 bones for the indepth coverage then maybe your mcdonald runs are too important to you

I could SCHLACK out 10 bones if I wanted to....McDonalds has nothing to do with my decision.....I just don't WANT TO!!!

There is nothing on that site that I care to see enough to pay for....that goes for ANY site out there!!

DaHop72
03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I could SCHLACK out 10 bones if I wanted to....McDonalds has nothing to do with my decision.....I just don't WANT TO!!!

There is nothing on that site that I care to see enough to pay for....that goes for ANY site out there!! I'm with you Mom, why pay if you can get it free.:D :D

Keith7
03-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

if you can't schlack out 10 bones for the indepth coverage

In depth coverage?!?!? The most in-depth they ever get is an interview with a coach, shoot if u want that just call the school yourself i'm sure the coach wouldn't mind answering a few questions..

Just because you pay 10 dollars for it doesn't make it better!!!!

Sweetwater Red
03-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
you're opinion of the sites is based on where your team was in a PRESEASON poll? geez ........ just cause SW wasnt #1 does not mean there was no research done ... its just differing opinions.

I like both here and texashsfootball. I
don't care for TPX for the same reason as ranger mom.
I simply used this thread as a chance to
give Matt a little grief for Sweetwater's
ranking. It was meant to be humorous.
Notice his response started and ended
with "LOL". I think HE got it.

sinton66
03-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Ok I wasn't calling everyone whiney, I was referring to certain people who just want to bash TPX, I'm personally sick of it.

As for not allowing THSF links, I meant we don't allow them on TPX, I wasn't referring to how things are run here.

You might not like our highlights but its not like have $1000 camera's doing the highlights. We do the best that we can with the equipment we are either given or have at our own disposal.

At least you get to see highlights of teams you've either never seen, might not ever see or may have wanted to see but never had the chance.

Okay, I have a question. Where do these highlight videos come from? News Media? Or are they all taped by your employees?

Matthew328
03-22-2006, 11:49 PM
sinton, they are filmed by us directly....I am a one man operation I go to the game, write a story, interview players after the game, and film highlights during the game....along with taking stats...its tough sometimes but a lot of fun...

I would venture to say that Keith had a membership a while back...personally I think we do a lot better now....but its a matter of opinion...Keith I've seen your posts for a long time..you are the kind of guy who likes to support the underdog no matter what....which is fine....but I think it sometimes jades your opinion of things from time to time....just an observation

ProducerBilly
03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
I go usually two half of a game and then head to a 2nd game and catch the 2nd half of that game to get as much video as possible. Usually 2 games Thurs nite, 2 Friday nite and 1 or 2 on Sat if possible as well. Little Matt and I both use digital camera's, thats why we don't have the $1000+ video quality. But as I said before, we do the best job we can with what we have and at least people get to see teams they might have never seen or don't get a chance to see.

Ranger Mom
03-23-2006, 09:50 AM
I go usually two half of a game and then head to a 2nd game and catch the 2nd half of that game to get as much video as possible. Usually 2 games Thurs nite, 2 Friday nite and 1 or 2 on Sat if possible as well. Little Matt and I both use digital camera's, thats why we don't have the $1000+ video quality. But as I said before, we do the best job we can with what we have and at least people get to see teams they might have never seen or don't get a chance to see.

I didn't mean to speak negatively about your filming....I got about halfway through the Wimberly/Gainesville highlights....but when it would pan up and then back down...for some reason it just made me feel dizzy after a while.

I used to tape all my kids games, I know how hard it is to hold a video camera still...even with a tripod!

Gobbla2001
03-23-2006, 01:37 PM
sinton, they are filmed by us directly....I am a one man operation I go to the game, write a story, interview players after the game, and film highlights during the game....along with taking stats...its tough sometimes but a lot of fun...

I would venture to say that Keith had a membership a while back...personally I think we do a lot better now....but its a matter of opinion...Keith I've seen your posts for a long time..you are the kind of guy who likes to support the underdog no matter what....which is fine....but I think it sometimes jades your opinion of things from time to time....just an observation

Yah right, y'all don't do any work, nice try... not buyin' it...

This is halarious...

Adidas410s
03-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah right, y'all don't do any work, nice try... not buyin' it...

This is halarious...

It's sad is what it is. Now I can see what all the fuss was about from a few days ago...oh well! :rolleyes:

Personally, I pay the $20 or 30 per year for ESPN Insider and find it to be worth every penny...especially with the NFL Draft, March Madness, etc stuff...it's great! You also get access to all of the radio interviews that you miss during the day. Oh and ESPN the Magazine...you get a subscription to that also. My year is just about up and I will definitely be renewing it.

Other than that though...I wouldn't pay for "premium access" to a website! ;)

mustang04
03-23-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's sad is what it is. Now I can see what all the fuss was about from a few days ago...oh well! :rolleyes:

Personally, I pay the $20 or 30 per year for ESPN Insider and find it to be worth every penny...especially with the NFL Draft, March Madness, etc stuff...it's great! You also get access to all of the radio interviews that you miss during the day. Oh and ESPN the Magazine...you get a subscription to that also. My year is just about up and I will definitely be renewing it.

Other than that though...I wouldn't pay for "premium access" to a website! ;)

but ur talkin about 30$ for E freakin SPN for a year...not $120 a year for a site

either way i just visit the downlow, i dont care oo much for any other site...ive found my purpose here:D

SintonFan
03-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I don't see what the big deal is...

The fact is that Matt busted his ass on this site back in the day and has earned the right to post what he wants to... as he said, don't click on it if you don't want to read it...

I do not have a membership there, and read TXHSFootball more than I ever do TPX, but I just can't see what the big deal is...

Yah, Matt is advertising his site, but it's not like he has pop-ups on here...

Chris advertises his site here with the help of others, I see more about his site here than I do Matt's... do I have a problem with it? No... Who cares... If you wanna drop 10 bucks a month on TPX, that's your deal, if you don't, that's your deal... I think it would be worth it to the fan who has about 10 rivals sites he/she wants to be able to access, but that's just my opinion...

Matt gave Chris his props, he was only defending his site, which showcases great pride in what he does as well as Chris showcases when his site is in question...

You guys are like paranas, damn...:D
Rock on dude!:clap:

DaHop72
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
but ur talkin about 30$ for E freakin SPN for a year...not $120 a year for a site

either way i just visit the downlow, i dont care oo much for any other site...ive found my purpose here:D Stir the pot, stir the pot.:devil: