PDA

View Full Version : Latest 3A Baseball Rankings

GWOOD
03-19-2006, 01:19 AM
03/17/2006 1:24 PM - Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association/Inside Prep Baseball Rankings For The Week Of March 13, 2006

3A
1. Bridge City 12-2
2. Carthage 11-1
3. Mont Belvieu Barbers Hill 10-0
4. Falfurrious 11-1
5. Lufkin Hudson 9-5
6. Lindale 12-2
7. Lorena 10-2
8. Gladewater 12-2
9. Waco Robinson 13-2
10. Lubbock Cooper 7-1

GreenMonster
03-19-2006, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
03/17/2006 1:24 PM - Texas High School Baseball Coaches Association/Inside Prep Baseball Rankings For The Week Of March 13, 2006

3A
1. Bridge City 12-2
2. Carthage 11-1
4. Falfurrious 11-1
5. Lufkin Hudson 9-5
6. Lindale 12-2
7. Lorena 10-2
8. Gladewater 12-2
9. Waco Robinson 13-2
10. Lubbock Cooper 7-1

Watch out for my Hawks as they just went 4 and 0 in the Burkburnett Boomtown Classic. Iowa Park is now 10 - 4 on the season and are on a hot streak (8-1 in the last 9 days). Noteable schools in the Boomtown Classic are: Lubbock Cooper, Graham, Abilene Wylie, and Burkburnett (18-1 in 4A).

* Note * This tournament was officially rained out and Iowa Park was the only team that had qualified for the Championship game before the rains came. I'm not sure if they were named Tournament Champion by default or if no Champion was to be named.

Eagle6Man
03-19-2006, 01:49 AM
OK, I'm no expert here, but how does a 9-5 record warrant # 5 in the state?

GreenMonster
03-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
OK, I'm no expert here, but how does a 9-5 record warrant # 5 in the state?

That squad is loaded. I think all 5 losses are to 5A schools. I think the big number on the right hand side of their record is all that is keeping them out of the #1 slot.

ILS1
03-19-2006, 04:59 AM

3A
1. Bridge City 12-2
2. Carthage 11-1
4. Falfurrious 11-1
5. Lufkin Hudson 9-5
6. Lindale 12-2
7. Lorena 10-2
8. Gladewater 12-2
9. Waco Robinson 13-2
10. Lubbock Cooper 7-1

Do you have a link to this poll/rankings??

:D

GWOOD
03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Do you have a link to this poll/rankings??

:D

http://www.insideprepbaseball.com/free/index.html?article_id=151

Crimestick
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
This is slightly outdated, because WO-S beat Barber's Hill 3-2 a few days ago.

GWOOD
03-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Crimestick
This is slightly outdated, because WO-S beat Barber's Hill 3-2 a few days ago.

It is slightly outdated. It says it is for the week of March 13 but for some reason it did not get published on Inside Prep until March 17.

Specklebelly
03-19-2006, 07:42 PM
I really have to question the validity of a poll on a website when they can't even spell "Calallen", "Falfurrias", and "Schulenburg" correctly.

GreenMonster
03-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Specklebelly
I really have to question the validity of a poll on a website when they can't even spell "Calallen", "Falfurrias", and "Schulenburg" correctly.

It's a good thing they didn't ask your permission then huh.

SpreadtheRed
03-19-2006, 11:29 PM
everyone will soon find out Lubbock Cooper is not even a Top 25 team. That record is incorrect b/c I can think of 3 losses 2 to inferior teams. Cooper is weak. Only one player returns from last yrs. team that actually played

GWOOD
03-19-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
everyone will soon find out Lubbock Cooper is not even a Top 25 team. That record is incorrect b/c I can think of 3 losses 2 to inferior teams. Cooper is weak. Only one player returns from last yrs. team that actually played

I was thinking the same thing. They lost at least one game in the Snyder tourney and I think a couple of games in the Friendship tourney. Now they did have a tie game with a good Snyder team. And I think they beat one good team in the Snyder tourney. Just not sure why THSCBA put them in the top 10.

mrescape43
03-20-2006, 01:56 AM
I was thinking the same thing. They lost at least one game in the Snyder tourney and I think a couple of games in the Friendship tourney. Now they did have a tie game with a good Snyder team. And I think they beat one good team in the Snyder tourney. Just not sure why THSCBA put them in the top 10.

In the Snyder Tourney Snyder defeated Lubbock Cooper 8-7 and Snyder had a tie game with Canyon 3-3.

GreenMonster
03-20-2006, 01:57 AM
Cooper got bounced pretty good in Burkburnett this weekend by the host team. I think they lost twice before rain killed the tourney.

Macarthur
03-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Watch out for my Hawks as they just went 4 and 0 in the Burkburnett Boomtown Classic. Iowa Park is now 10 - 4 on the season and are on a hot streak (8-1 in the last 9 days). Noteable schools in the Boomtown Classic are: Lubbock Cooper, Graham, Abilene Wylie, and Burkburnett (18-1 in 4A).

* Note * This tournament was officially rained out and Iowa Park was the only team that had qualified for the Championship game before the rains came. I'm not sure if they were named Tournament Champion by default or if no Champion was to be named.

You're right, GM. They are playing pretty good ball right now. Not sure they would have beaten Burk in the tourney because Burk evidently is state tourney caliber in 4A.

If memory serves me, since the BBall players have joined the team they have lost 2 games. One to a 5A school and one game in Midland when they played many reserves because the game had no affect on their pool play.

Sounds like they are really pounding the ball.

pero chato
03-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey GM or Mac, whatever happened to the Wright kid (can't remember his first name) who was drafted by the Yankees in '01? Heck of a pitcher.

Macarthur
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
He is pitching in the Yankees organization. I believe he is in AA this year, Charolette or something like that.

GreenMonster
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
He is pitching in the Yankees organization. I believe he is in AA this year, Charolette or something like that.

I believe that is correct Mac. Talked to Chase just before he left for Tampa and spring training and that is where he said he would probably go. The Yanks are looking at possibly moving him up to AAA sometime around the All-Star break and if he throws well he will be considered for a September call up to the show.

Wtx_coach
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Hawks are a good ball team but I saw them play against Pecos and they didnt look to impressive to me to be ranked!!

GWOOD
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
Hawks are a good ball team but I saw them play against Pecos and they didnt look to impressive to me to be ranked!!

Wtx_coach,

I saw the Iowa Park/Pecos game as well. I don't know if Iowa Park is a Top 10 team either. But I figure they are at least a Top 20.

However, I was very impressed with Iowa Park. They scored 8 runs off Pecos' #1 pitcher. Has anyone else scored more than 2 runs off of him in a game? Also, Iowa Park did not pitch their #1 pitcher against Pecos. He may have been their #2, I don't know.

Both Pecos and Iowa Park made 3 or 4 errors in that game and so it might have seemed a little sloppy, but it was the 5th game for both teams in 3 days. When Iowa Park played Greenwood the previous day they were flawless in the field.

Cameron Crazy
03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
Kinda wierd how ip isnt in there...

GreenMonster
03-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach

That's cool. I didn't claim them to be top 10 material. I simply stated watchout because they are on the rise. The kids returning from basketball have had almost 3 full weeks to get their game back and their arms in shape. They have won a tournament in Midland and were the only team to qualify for the championship round in a rain shortened tournament this past week. IP is play-off hardened and the school has a post-season streak that goes back at least 15 consecutive years and possibly more, I can't remember that far back. They WILL be a team to be reckoned with in Region I and have a coach that has 3 trips to Austin under his belt in the last 12 years. So, back to my main point of my original post. Watchout for Iowa Park.

SpreadtheRed
03-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Lubbock Cooper is a joke and Snyder isn't much better. As a whole West Texas baseball isn't impressive this year at all.

GWOOD
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by SpreadtheRed
Lubbock Cooper is a joke and Snyder isn't much better. As a whole West Texas baseball isn't impressive this year at all.

I hate to think it but you may be right about West Texas Baseball this year. The last two years have been good. Lubbock Cooper makes it to the state championship game last year and Perryton makes it to Austin the year before but loses in the first game to some pitcher named "Homer."

Perryton, Canyon, Snyder have not been as good yet as everyone thought they might. It's still early, though. I don't know how Abilene Wylie is doing but I haven't heard anything spectacular about them. Pecos started out pretty hot but lost their first district game to Ft. Stockton last week. I think most people out here knew Lubbock Cooper had a lot to prove this year with so many losses from last year's team.