PDA

View Full Version : Crazy night....

lepfan
03-18-2006, 11:43 PM
....my son just called to inform me he is watching my niece's home burn to the ground!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: (in the middle of a rain storm)

Eagle6Man
03-18-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
....my son just called to inform me he is watching my niece's home burn to the ground!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: (in the middle of a rain storm)

Wow Lepfan....sorry to hear the bad news...anything we can do to help?

lepfan
03-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Wow Lepfan....sorry to hear the bad news...anything we can do to help? Thanks eagle, but not much I can do about it either...being 500 miles away. It is a surprise...my son was the one who drove up and saw it looked "wierd" inside. He walked around and saw flames shooting out the back...he checked to make sure both vehicles were gone and then called the FD. Luckily it is a volunteer fire department who don't care if you donate or not!!! Both my niece and her hubby were at their cabin in Kiamichi Wilderness....(they spend most weekends there). No one was at home...they have owned this home less than a year

Ranger Mom
03-18-2006, 11:54 PM
That is awful news!! Have they been notified?

lepfan
03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is awful news!! Have they been notified? My son and my niece's dad just drove up to tell them. Her first reaction was "yeah right...your just 'pooping' me" (I substituted there)...her dad was like 'ummm, Sara, I would not have driven this far in the mountains at 10:30 at night to "poop" you!!! Of course my son just said they passed him on the highway doing like 90....that is dumb....the house is gone...no matter how quick they get there it is gone!

Old Tiger
03-18-2006, 11:59 PM
Hope everyone one is safe...

luvhoops34
03-19-2006, 12:00 AM
So sorry to hear about your niece losing her house! At least they are safe!

lepfan
03-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Fire department says it looks as if it started in the bathroom wiring...but they will have to get it verified by the marshall. Today they are scrounging around for clothing and such. They have another house to move into...but all they have left is the new toothbrush they just bought and some borrowed clothes....oh yes...AND THEIR LIFE!!! Had this happened on a weeknight they would have been asleep already.

Old Tiger
03-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Clothes and a house can be replaced. Their life cannot. I'm glad they are safe and sound. Hope everything goes well with them from here on out.