PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys News Conference Scheduled for 2:30pm Today

Bullaholic
03-18-2006, 03:17 PM
The Dallas Cowboys have scheduled a news conference for 2:30pm today. Speculation is that the signing of Terrell Owens will be announced......

There goes the neighborhood.....

Macarthur
03-18-2006, 03:20 PM
They have a couple of other signings to discuss. I like the Fabini signing. Appeantly, Vinerateri left GB without a deal. Rumor has it he is headed to Dallas to visit. They are also looking at the LB Peterson from SF. If that happens, I would feel very good about FA and it would take pressure off them in the draft so they could go with the best player regardless of position.

Eagle6Man
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
They have a couple of other signings to discuss. I like the Fabini signing. Appeantly, Vinerateri left GB without a deal. Rumor has it he is headed to Dallas to visit. They are also looking at the LB Peterson from SF. If that happens, I would feel very good about FA and it would take pressure off them in the draft so they could go with the best player regardless of position.

I'm pretty sure this will be carried on www.theticket.com and espn news.

Bullaholic
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Mac, I would giggle like a little girl if they announce the signing of Vinniteri and some others, rather than T.O.

Eagle6Man
03-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Speculation is 3 years...

football4life
03-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Vinatieri would be huge! I'll be listening for sure.

Eagle6Man
03-18-2006, 03:31 PM
www.theticket.com is confirmed... is carrying the news conference..

Got to love Greggo from Boyd Texas...:D

football4life
03-18-2006, 03:37 PM
woohoo! its official. 3 year deal.

Phantom Stang
03-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by football4life
woohoo! its official. 3 year deal. :foul: :foul: :foul: :flamingma

kaorder1999
03-18-2006, 03:45 PM
as long as they win i dont care. I think it will be entertaining!

Bullaholic
03-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Having to listen to JJ is one of the worst parts of this deal.

Now that it is official, I will say this:

If TO plays up to his capability and keeps his mouth shut on and off the field---I have no problem with his signing.

If TO reverts to his "former" ways the first time a problem for him comes up, then we all know how it will go and end with TO.

football4life
03-18-2006, 03:46 PM
live on fox sports SW

Bullaholic
03-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Got no prob with TO's acceptance speech and demeanor---good words and attitude, if he is sincere. Time will tell. I still don't think a dog can change his "spots", but I will give the man the benefit of a "wait and see" at this point.

football4life
03-18-2006, 03:54 PM
T.O : "I'm a star among stars now."

kaorder1999
03-18-2006, 03:58 PM
also....let me say this. If TO DOES go straight into his old ways then I cannot blame him at all. Dallas and JJ and BP knows EXACTLY who TO is and what he's been about his entire career.

Bullaholic
03-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
also....let me say this. If TO DOES go straight into his old ways then I cannot blame him at all. Dallas and JJ and BP knows EXACTLY who TO is and what he's been about his entire career.

IMO, ka, you're 50% right. I do blame TO for his past ways---just about everybody everywhere agrees that he has been a spoiled, egocentric brat at best. And yes, JJ and Parcells will have nobody but themselves to blame if TO wrecks the Cowboy team chemistry---they're big boys who knew what they were buying.

LH Panther Mom
03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Jerry Jones cares about making money, first. I can imagine seats being filled by some who might not ordinarily attend, with the "anticipation" that there might be some antics to watch. If games are won with TO because, even partly, of his production, then more seats will be sold. And if that happens, the Cowboy diehards will be jumping with joy. ;)

3afan
03-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Jerry Jones cares about making money, first.

i dont agree with that -- JJ wants to win Super Bowls, and if it means taking the TO path then I guess they are willing to do that

pantherpop
03-18-2006, 05:24 PM
I've always despised Terrell Owens but this is a move the Cowboys had to make. Looking at it on paper it is a steal. You run risks with anybody who signs a big contract, an injury etc. but with T.O. there is considerably more risk with behavior. Time will tell if this is a good move or not and I have been a Cowboy fan since 1966 and I really believe this will turn out positive.