PDA

View Full Version : Burkburnet vs. Gainesville

MonkeyJoe
09-16-2003, 11:46 AM
Hows Burkburnet lookin this year?
i hear they are undefeated...

Matthew328
09-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Burkburnett hasn't played anyone of Gainesville's caliber..Gainesville by 2 TD's

MonkeyJoe
09-16-2003, 12:48 PM
good to hear...

Z motion 10 out on 2
09-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Last year Burk went 0-10 and didn't even field enough players for a JV. The athletic director is the basketball coach, which is weird in these parts! So not a lot of resources goes to football if you understand. Now they are 3 and 0 and beat a weak Mineral Wells, beat a strong Iowa Park team in overtime but several things happened to help keep them in that one and totally dusted off Duncan Oklahoma who is now 0-3. So they really haven't played anybody other than Iowa Park and a couple of key plays helped them win it. Actually IP went for two in overtime to win and didn't make it.

Burk has a good defense and a tall QB (senior now) who has started for three years. So I bet they toss the ball a lot.

I think this will be their wake up call and Gainesville defeats them no problem.

I'm a Vernon fan and we have them the week after this one so I have been keeping up with them.

Gainesville 35
Burk 24

VWG
09-16-2003, 10:45 PM
Burk is a mediocre 4A team at best. The district that they are in is average, and they probably won't make the playoffs this year.
So, Gainesville by 30.