PDA

View Full Version : Raider Ball

XMan
03-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Rice Raiders put up valant fight but fall to the St. Jo Flyers 8-0. St. Jo didnt score until the 4th but the Raiders just couldnt get anything going with the sticks. Rice threw their top dog pitcher but the Flyers put the bat on the ball enough.

XMan
03-18-2006, 02:21 AM
The vaunted Raider pitching staff that all throws high numbers on the radar gun was able to hold the Hallettsville Brahmas to 11 run Friday night in the Weimar tournament. Good news is that Rice only used 1 pitcher, yes they hung the guy out to dry and give up 11 runs. The Raiders did manage to score 2. Raiders are gearing up for district race. Get the playoff shirts ready. Sealy is 2-11 on the season so there is still hope.

Specklebelly
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey XMan, who do you pull for? Just curious since you obviously seem to really get your rocks off by talking trash about a bunch of 16 and 17 year olds playing baseball for a school that's never made the playoffs. Good for you :thumbsup:

XMan
03-18-2006, 06:19 PM
hey whitefront,
Im for everyone. More importantly, Im against ignorance. This category would mostly include parents who have no clue. In all honesty I do wish the Raiders well. I would like nothing more than to see them get into the playoffs for the 1st time in history. It would be a special thing. Earlier, someone was talking a lot of talk about how great the Raiders were going to be. I was hoping they were right. Rice began the year with high hopes and played a lot of inferior competition. The district competition will be much tougher. For the Raiders to be a serious baseball school they will have to put more committment and emphasis on the sport. With them moving down to 2a, this will not likely happen. It is sad to see because lots of people in south Colorado County deserve a good baseball team. I do not want to ever "talk trash" with high school players, that does not give me the jollies. What gives me the jollies is seeing good baseball and seeing kids love the game and hustle all the time.