Clemens is on the mound.

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 07:35 PM
GO KOREA!!!

I mean USA...USA...USA!!!

Sorry...still stuck on last night!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 08:26 PM
USA gets ANOTHER favorable (and incorrect) call!!! Mexico hits a HR that bounces off the foul pole in right field by the short right field fence in Anaheim. It's ruled a ground rule double!!! Oh...and it's the same official from the US/Japan game. It's a guy named Bob Davidson, an ex-MLB official, who had a reputation in MLB circles of making "questionable" calls.

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
USA gets ANOTHER favorable (and incorrect) call!!! Mexico hits a HR that bounces off the foul pole in right field by the short right field fence in Anaheim. It's ruled a ground rule double!!! Oh...and it's the same official from the US/Japan game. It's a guy named Bob Davidson, an ex-MLB official, who had a reputation in MLB circles of making "questionable" calls.

Lucky break for Mexico or else they would have been eliminated!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Lucky break for Mexico or else they would have been eliminated!

Well they are eliminated now!!!

Mexico 1
USA 0

piratebg
03-16-2006, 08:33 PM
Mexico 1
USA 0

top of the 4th

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Well they are eliminated now!!!

Mexico 1
USA 0

The tiebreakers are crazy! Mexico eliminates themselves and now tries to hold onto eliminate us!

Old Tiger
03-16-2006, 08:40 PM
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA
USA

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 08:43 PM
U.S. advances to semifinals with:
• A win over Mexico
• A tie with Mexico
• A 1-0 loss to Mexico
• A 2-0 or 2-1 loss to Mexico, with the United States having played 8 2/3 innings or more on defense
• A 3-1 or 3-2 loss to Mexico, with the United States having played 12 1/3 innings or more on defense

Japan advances to semifinals with:
• A Mexico win over the United States by a score of 2-0 or 2-1, at any point before a second out is recorded in the bottom of the ninth inning
• A Mexico win over the United States, in which Mexico scores three or more runs in a game ending at any point before a third out is recorded in the bottom of the 12th inning
• A Mexico win over the United States, in which Mexico scores three or more runs and the United States scores one or more runs in a game ending at any point before an out is recorded in the bottom of the 13th inning
• A Mexico win over the United States, in which Mexico scores 4 or more runs and the United States scores 1 or more runs in a game ending at any point

Mexico advances to semifinals with:
• A 3-0 or 4-0 win over the United States, with Mexico having played 13 innings or more on defense

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 08:46 PM
just simply scoring in regulation, Mexico eliminated itself

mrescape43
03-16-2006, 08:48 PM
The tiebreakers are crazy! Mexico eliminates themselves and now tries to hold onto eliminate us!

I don't understand all this. How does Mexico eliminate themselves by scoring a run to lead? I haven't been keeping up too well.

turbostud
03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Vive Estados Unidos!!!!!

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
I don't understand all this. How does Mexico eliminate themselves by scoring a run to lead? I haven't been keeping up too well.

Ties shall be broken in the following order of priority:

* The team that defeated the other tied team head-to-head in a given Round shall be ranked higher in the pool standings for such Round.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings for that Round according to fewest runs allowed divided by the number of innings (including partial innings) played in defense in the games in that Round between the teams tied.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings according to fewest earned runs allowed divided by the number of innings (including partial innings) played in defense in the games in that Round between the teams tied.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings according to highest batting average in games in that Round between the teams tied.
* Standings shall be determined by the drawing of lots, conducted by WBCI.

Note: Standings and Tie-Breaking Procedures are based on IBAF rules.

SintonFan
03-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

* The team that defeated the other tied team head-to-head in a given Round shall be ranked higher in the pool standings for such Round.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings for that Round according to fewest runs allowed divided by the number of innings (including partial innings) played in defense in the games in that Round between the teams tied.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings according to fewest earned runs allowed divided by the number of innings (including partial innings) played in defense in the games in that Round between the teams tied.
* The tied teams shall be ranked in the standings according to highest batting average in games in that Round between the teams tied.

Thanks for the clarification.:eek: :D

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 08:59 PM

The Mexicans basically screwed themselves by allowing Japan to score more than 3 runs i believe.. it cuts into their average with innings.

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:04 PM
somebody tell Francour to keep running towards third when the 3rd baseman wasn't covering and force him to throw...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

piratebg
03-16-2006, 09:05 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Francour, keep running towards third when the 3rd baseman isn't covering and force the throw!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Francour, keep running towards third when the 3rd baseman isn't covering and force the throw!

:thumbsup: Thank you!!!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Does it bug anybody else to hear the fans boo Derek Jeter??? His jersey says "USA"...not "The Evil Empire" :mad: :mad: I don't like the Yankees at all...but they aren't playing in this game!

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Why does ESPN have to focus in on the damn Yankees fans? Its pissing me off!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Mexico has runners on the corners...Clemens is out...Shields is in...1 out

1-1 Bottom 5th

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Mexico scores...

USA 1
Mexico 2

Bottom 5th

Mexcico has a runner on 3rd

turbostud
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Longhorn Ex Huston Street now pitching for USA.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
it dont look good, but usa has one more try to get a run

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Does it bug anybody else to hear the fans boo Derek Jeter??? His jersey says "USA"...not "The Evil Empire" :mad: :mad: I don't like the Yankees at all...but they aren't playing in this game!
the USA fans rnt booing Jeter, the Mexican fans r...there are a lot of them there...

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Last chance coming up...

Griffey
Jones
Rodriguez

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Griffey Jr
Chipper
A-Rod

let's get 2 men on and A-Rod knock them in!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Griffey staying alive...

still a 3/2 count...

Griffey strikes out swinging on a 93 mph fastball

Chipper Jones comes to the plate...

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Chipper Jones walks on 4 pitches...

Mexico bring in a RH pitcher, L. Ayala, to face Alex Rodriguez

1 out..Top 9th

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Time for A-Rod to make his claim as the best in the world!

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:22 PM
wow im pulling for A-Rod, something i never really thought i'd do...i really like this World Baseball thing, but we need to win...i want to see some Yankee magic for USA now....2 run homer come on!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:24 PM
3-2 count on A-Rod...USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:25 PM
A-Rod walks!!!!

Vernon Wells to the plate

runners on 1st and 2nd

Damon coming in to run at 1st base for A-Rod

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 10:27 PM
Is Damon that much better of a runner than A-Rod?

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:28 PM
alright....no Blue Jay magic for Veron, they used all theres up in the early 90s..so their magic is bad magic, lets get a hit Vernon!

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Is Damon that much better of a runner than A-Rod?
Damon is pretty fast....he gets a lotta triples...

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:29 PM
And a broken bat just eliminates the USA!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

piratebg
03-16-2006, 10:30 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, crap!

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Yay for Mexico...celebrate that you won a game in the 2nd round :thumbsup: ;)

SintonFan
U S A
U S A
U S A

Bullaholic
Boy I hate to see the USA eliminated....but Mexico deserved the win. Our big money, big leaguers just couldn't get it done.

SintonFan
Ahh man....:doh:

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Boy I hate to see the USA eliminated....but Mexico deserved the win. Our big money, big leaguers just couldn't get it done.

The team could have been A LOT better though if so many players hadn't opted out!

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:32 PM
wow...how embarassing....

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:34 PM
The team could have been A LOT better though if so many players hadn't opted out!
how many opted out though?

kepdawg
When the going gets tough, turn on A-Rod!

We should have known we couldn't win a championship with A-Fraud on the team!

Adidas410s
I KNEW they should have let the teams use aluminum bats!!! That ball would have been at least a blooper over the SS with a metal bat. Probably would have been if the wood bat didnt break too!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
ya know... despite the politics...
GO CUBA

http://www.cvsflags.com/images/foreign/Large/cuba.gif

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by sahen
how many opted out though?

I'll look around for a list but there were a lot of guys.

Barry Bonds
Roy Halladay
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder
Tim Hudson
Andy Pettitte
Billy Wagner
Eric Chavez
Morgan Ensberg
Jimmy Rollins
Lance Berkman
Carl Crawford
Luis Gonzalez

All except Zito were on the 50-man provisional roster because they first said they WOULD play...and then backed out!

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
GO CUBA

im pulling for Korea....i think Korean women r hot...the longer they r in it the more fan shots i can watch.....

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 10:38 PM

Barry Bonds
Roy Halladay
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder
Tim Hudson
Andy Pettitte
Billy Wagner
Eric Chavez
Morgan Ensberg
Jimmy Rollins
Lance Berkman
Carl Crawford
Luis Gonzalez

All except Zito were on the 50-man provisional roster because they first said they WOULD play...and then backed out!

I heard somewhere that Bonds actually wanted to be on the roster in the 2nd Round but Buck Martinez declined.

mrescape43
03-16-2006, 10:41 PM
I can't believe that this group of guys could only muster 1 run. That is something. Maybe next time!

sahen
03-16-2006, 10:44 PM

Barry Bonds
Roy Halladay
Barry Zito
Mark Mulder
Tim Hudson
Andy Pettitte
Billy Wagner
Eric Chavez
Morgan Ensberg
Jimmy Rollins
Lance Berkman
Carl Crawford
Luis Gonzalez

i dont think the pitchers would matter much, other than Willis's struggles the pitching was pretty solid for us and there is no way we could have seen Dontrelle's troubles beforehand.....

now the batters we could really use, having Berkman, Ensberg, Gonzalez, Chavez, and Rollins on the bench or in the lineup would have been big, y they didnt play i have no idea....however i dont really know if we would have been much better....u cant really argue that the players that played instead of them are a lot better or worse than the guys that didnt play.....oh i know i didnt include Bonds in my list, i'd rather him not play anyway cause if they finally prove his steroid usage i dont want other countries to say we cheated by using a juiced player to win, not that it matters now...

SintonFan
03-16-2006, 10:46 PM
GO CUBA

BOOOOOO! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-054.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-054.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-050.gif
*shaking (middle) finger at you*

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 10:52 PM
how can we explain the way Bonds is hitting now in the spring.. he hasnt had a negative test.. i highly doubt roids has anything to do with the way he is hitting this spring.. if Bonds were to be on the roster, you dont think baseball officials would have tested him on the spot? It seems to me that he (Bonds) is willing to prove himself.

i wish people would lay off on Bonds.. befoore the supposed and unproven roid period, Bonds had 460 HR... facts are facts, he is just good. i would have loved to have seen him in a USA uniform.

PhiI C
03-16-2006, 10:52 PM
IT'S DISGRACEFUL!!

TexasHSFootball
03-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
BOOOOOO! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-054.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-054.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sauer/angry-smiley-050.gif
*shaking (middle) finger at you*

you are aware that the Cubans are donating all their winnings to the Katrina relief fund? :thinking:

SintonFan
03-16-2006, 10:58 PM
you are aware that the Cubans are donating all their winnings to the Katrina relief fund? :thinking:
I'm aware that their "contribution" is not because they care.:o
Heck, let them feed their own starving folks before they worry about us and our easily swayed opinions...

sahen
03-16-2006, 11:02 PM
how can we explain the way Bonds is hitting now in the spring.. he hasnt had a negative test.. i highly doubt roids has anything to do with the way he is hitting this spring.. if Bonds were to be on the roster, you dont think baseball officials would have tested him on the spot? It seems to me that he (Bonds) is willing to prove himself.

i wish people would lay off on Bonds.. befoore the supposed and unproven roid period, Bonds had 460 HR... facts are facts, he is just good. i would have loved to have seen him in a USA uniform.
all i know is u dont double ur head/neck/shoulder size between the ages of 35-40...esp. when ur whole career u were a small little speedy guy....he had 460 homers in what the first 15 years of his career then put up 250 in the next 5?? ur telling me that somethign isnt weird there?....he was a great player before he went all incredible Hulk on us now he is unreal, and that is y peopel think something is fishy....

sahen
03-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm aware that their "contribution" is not because they care.:o
Heck, let them feed their own starving folks before they worry about us and our easily swayed opinions...
ditto to that Sinton....y the heck r they giving us their money when they r known for being one of the poorest nations?? there is a reason y the Cuban gov't is always worried about their players defecting to other free countries when they play internationally and it isn't because they live on an island paradise w/ a generous gov't....

SintonFan
03-16-2006, 11:11 PM
ditto to that Sinton....y the heck r they giving us their money when they r known for being one of the poorest nations?? there is a reason y the Cuban gov't is always worried about their players defecting to other free countries when they play internationally and it isn't because they live on an island paradise w/ a generous gov't....
I agree. lol island paradise ;)
Giving THSF credit, he did say "politics aside", but you can not seperate politics from all that Castro(this is HIS communist dictatorship, jeez anyone see any documentary on the Bay of Pigs???) has done or his agenda.
Sorry yall, but if I forget these things I do my country a disservice imho.:(

Eagle6Man
03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
US eliminated

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public/MLB/wbc

kepdawg
03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
I hope Dominican Republic wins and I don't know or care anything about its government.

SintonFan
03-16-2006, 11:19 PM
I hope Dominican Republic wins and I don't know or care anything about its government.
lol
How much are they donating to the Katrina effort?:p

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
all i know is u dont double ur head/neck/shoulder size between the ages of 35-40...esp. when ur whole career u were a small little speedy guy....he had 460 homers in what the first 15 years of his career then put up 250 in the next 5?? ur telling me that somethign isnt weird there?....he was a great player before he went all incredible Hulk on us now he is unreal, and that is y peopel think something is fishy....

it's not as big of a difference in his production as you might think with the exception of 2001. Note that is is considered that he started taking steroids after the 1998 season.

2004 - 45 HR
2003 - 45
2002 - 46
2001 - 73
2000 - 49
1999 - 37
1998 - 34
1997 - 40
1996 - 42
1995 - 33
1994 - 37 (on pace for 54 before the strike occured)
1993 - 46

Between 1993-98 he averaged 41.5 HR's. From 1999-2004 he averaged 48 HR's. It's an increase...but not THAT significant of an increase. It's not like he jumped from 30/yr to 50/yr. Now I'm not saying that I don't think that he used steroids. I'm just presenting the numbers as they are.

sahen
03-16-2006, 11:46 PM
i would agree if it was say in teh first 10 years of his career but we r talking about a guy increasing his production 7.5 homers a year in what is supposed to be the twilight of his career....not to mention the physical changes that he underwent, its just very very suspicious.....i've gotten to the point that i dont care if they find he did steroids or not i just want them to find one way or the other cause if they dont there will always be questions.....

Maroon87
03-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
US eliminated

http://msn.foxsports.com/name/public/MLB/wbc

We invented it, the Latin American countries have perfected it.:(

Keith7
03-16-2006, 11:48 PM

Between 1993-98 he averaged 41.5 HR's. From 1999-2004 he averaged 48 HR's. It's an increase...but not THAT significant of an increase. It's not like he jumped from 30/yr to 50/yr. Now I'm not saying that I don't think that he used steroids. I'm just presenting the numbers as they are.

ya but if pitchers wouldnt have walked him half the time he came up to bat, he may have hit 70 every year since he hit 73

sahen
03-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We invented it, the Latin American countries have perfected it.:(
and the asians r the ones that advanced outa our pool....looks like the asians r perfecting it as well....

TexasHSFootball
03-17-2006, 12:02 AM
i would agree if it was say in teh first 10 years of his career but we r talking about a guy increasing his production 7.5 homers a year in what is supposed to be the twilight of his career....not to mention the physical changes that he underwent, its just very very suspicious.....i've gotten to the point that i dont care if they find he did steroids or not i just want them to find one way or the other cause if they dont there will always be questions.....

how much of the production would lasik eye surgery have contributed to an increase in hitting the ball? lasik eye surgery is something Bonds did have before the increase.. steroids did not help Bonds see the ball better. vision is a major major key when it comes to hitting.

Adidas410s
03-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
ya but if pitchers wouldnt have walked him half the time he came up to bat, he may have hit 70 every year since he hit 73

Keith...come on and at least look up the numbers before just throwing something out there

2004 - 45 HR...232 walks
2003 - 45 ...148
2002 - 46 ...188
2001 - 73 ...177
2000 - 49 ...117
1999 - 37 ...73
1998 - 34...130
1997 - 40...145
1996 - 42...151
1995 - 33...130

Bonds as been walked A LOT in his career and on a consistent basis. It wasn't until 2004 that you see an extreme change in the number of walks. He had 10 more walks in 2002 yet 27 few HR's. The 73 HR's was MUCH more of an abberation to the numbers than his walk totals. His HR's increased by 18.5% while walks only increased by 10.15%...or roughly a 75% greater increase in HR's when compared to the increase in BB's.

sahen
03-17-2006, 12:16 AM
how much of the production would lasik eye surgery have contributed to an increase in hitting the ball? lasik eye surgery is something Bonds did have before the increase.. steroids did not help Bonds see the ball better. vision is a major major key when it comes to hitting.
i dont konw, but maybe his optamologist (sp?) should be reprimanded for giving him contacts that completely suck if it was that much of a change before the eye surgery....steroids make u stronger which would turn a double in the gap say to a homerun, also growth hormones r an interesting area...im a science major and some of the stuff i have learned about them is that old people take them to make them feel younger, now that can mean improved eye sight (arguable that it does this yet really hard to prove or dissprove) but the main thing is growth hormones help a player maintain their strength (or gain if using steroids) over the rigors of a long season.....if he took growth hormone than that would be what happened, and the maintaining of strength would transfer to more games played per year and the ability to maintain strength to hit more homers thus transfering to the increase in homers per year....

kepdawg
03-17-2006, 12:28 AM
I was bored so I threw together the following numbers. I divided it where the middle two sections of each are the first six years and the second six years of each player's best twelve year stretch.

Babe Ruth

Age 19-24 49 HR, 8.2 avg
Age 25-30 260 HR, 43.3 avg
Age 31-36 302 HR, 50.3 avg
Age 37-40 103 HR, 25.75 avg

Barry Bonds

Age 22-28 176 HR, 25.1 avg
Age 29-34 235 HR, 39.2 avg
Age 35-40 292 HR, 48.7 avg
Age 41 5 HR, 5 avg

sahen
03-17-2006, 12:33 AM
I was bored so I threw together the following numbers. I divided it where the middle two sections of each are the first six years and the second six years of each player's best twelve year stretch.

Babe Ruth

Age 19-24 49 HR, 8.2 avg
Age 25-30 260 HR, 43.3 avg
Age 31-36 302 HR, 50.3 avg
Age 37-40 103 HR, 25.75 avg

Barry Bonds

Age 22-28 176 HR, 25.1 avg
Age 29-34 235 HR, 39.2 avg
Age 35-40 292 HR, 48.7 avg
Age 41 5 HR, 5 avg
wow so if Bonds keeps going he will be hitting about 65 per year or so when he is 50....cant wait....

Adidas410s
03-17-2006, 12:35 AM
wow so if Bonds keeps going he will be hitting about 65 per year or so when he is 50....cant wait....

another thing to factor in to those numbers is the # of at bats and the # of walks that each player had. That will help tell a "full story" of the situation. Also remember that it is widely known that Babe Ruth didn't strive to be in peak physical condition but instead relied on his natural talents. If physical fitness had been as important in the 20's...Ruth would have put up even greater numbers.

SintonFan
03-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Only the energizer bunny could do that.
And he's only like 30.
Wait...
the Easter bunny now says the energizer bunny is eating alfalfa grass. Man, he says he wishes alfalfa was available back when he started. If it was around back then he would have been giving eggs to muslims by now...

sahen
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
ok seriously, do you people really think that Bonds didnt juice or use growth hormone or use some performance enhancing drug???

football4life
03-17-2006, 01:50 AM
I'm not sure what subject this is on, just wanted to commend the U.S.E (united states of embarrassment) sports team on yet another stellar performance with the best athletes in the world.

Phil C
03-17-2006, 09:09 AM
First our NBA players get whipped and now baseball. It's disgraceful!

Chris Hart
03-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I just don't agree how everyone(mostly everyone) is all over Barry Bonds and the steroid issue(which hasn't been proved, and they want him to be banned from entering the hall of fame, because it is 'speculated' that he was cheating by using steroids. But, mostly these same people are crazy about Sammy Sosa who was CAUGHT CHEATING with a corked bat, but no one wants him out of the hall of fame. Sosa was caught cheating during a MLB game on TV, and Bonds is suspected of cheating but yet to be proven guilty. I say show me some proof, or let it go already. It's just a little fickle to pat a guy on the back like Sosa who was caught cheating, and to run Barry Bonds into the ground who is only suspected of cheating. I don't like Bonds personally, but IMO he is the best to ever play MLB.:confused:

District303aPastPlayer
03-17-2006, 03:48 PM
sosa used a batting practice bat by accident (according to him)

Chris Hart
03-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
sosa used a batting practice bat by accident (according to him) That's about the same as those that get caught using performance enhancing drugs saying 'I didn't realize it contained that', lol;)