PDA

View Full Version : Questioning Your Bracket???

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I know that I am. I've only made one or two changes though. Took away one of my crazy upsets and went with one that I think may happen in the 2nd round. I hate 2nd guessing myself...

WOSgrad
03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I always question them. But after last year, I will not change. I was in an office pool (merely for entertainment purposes) and had turned in my bracket with my share of upsets and having labeled North Carolina as my national champ.

Just fifteen minutes before the first game, I got my bracket sheet back and replaced Carolina with Syracuse as my national champ. That evening, I watched as Syracuse went down in the first round. It cost me the pool.:doh:

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I always question them. But after last year, I will not change. I was in an office pool (merely for entertainment purposes) and had turned in my bracket with my share of upsets and having labeled North Carolina as my national champ.

Just fifteen minutes before the first game, I got my bracket sheet back and replaced Carolina with Syracuse as my national champ. That evening, I watched as Syracuse went down in the first round. It cost me the pool.

good call...maybe I should go back and put in my Southern over Duke pick!!! :p

The picks I keep thinking over are:

Iona over LSU

Tennessee over Winthrop but then losing their 2nd round game to Wichita St.

UNC over Mich St with UNC advancing to the Elite Eight.

The Iona pick is because they have some very capable FT shooters (top 3 in attempts shooting over 71%) and the three guys that shoot most of their 3PT shots are seniors shooting 41, 41 and 45%. Also, even if LSU wins the game, it's hard for me to see any of the 4 teams in that pod as a "legit" Sweet 16 team as I see Syracuse returning to form and Texas A&M getting shut down by the 2/3 Zone with their inability to shoot the 3pt shot.

I am struggling to not take Tennessee to at least make the Sweet 16 because I think Bruce Pearl is a great coach and can will his team to victory with his intensity.

In years past I have picked against mediocore Mich St teams in the 1st two rounds and they end up going 3+ rounds deep almost every year. That Tom Izzo just always has his team ready for the tourney regardless of their record coming in. Plus UNC is a very young team w/o any tourney experience. It's a tough call on that game in what could turn into the best 2nd round game.

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2006, 10:47 AM
ive been going over the Iona game over and over and over... going back and staring at it.. .wondering if i should change it...

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ive been going over the Iona game over and over and over... going back and staring at it.. .wondering if i should change it...

I'm sticking with Iona. I'm not buying Pacific over BC so i'll take Iona to be the team to knock off a Top 4 seed. Now onto the Tennessee dilemma...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm sticking with Iona. I'm not buying Pacific over BC so i'll take Iona to be the team to knock off a Top 4 seed. Now onto the Tennessee dilemma...:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

SIU is my cinderella story of the year again... Knocking off Iowa too... i got BC into the Final4... so yeah... SIU vs Texas in the Elite 8... call me crazy right now... because they knock off Iowa and WVU...

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
SIU is my cinderella story of the year again... Knocking off Iowa too... i got BC into the Final4... so yeah... SIU vs Texas in the Elite 8... call me crazy right now... because they knock off Iowa and WVU...

what is your Sweet 16 looking like???

I have this...
Oakland
Memphis
Kansas
Gonzaga
Marquette

Atlanta
Duke
Syracuse
West Virginia
Texas

D.C.
UConn
Illinois
North Carolina
Wichita St/Tennessee :thinking:

Minneanapolis
Villanova
B.C.
Florida
Ohio St

KTJ
03-16-2006, 11:07 AM
Iona beating LSU screws me to no end.

GWOOD
03-16-2006, 11:13 AM

I'm going with Iona as well. Just got a strong feeling.

Hope it's not just yesterday's Mexican food at La Mission.

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2006, 11:15 AM
TexasHSFtball: what the hell
boyNEXTdoor 210: ??
TexasHSFtball: i have ORU beating Memphis

GWOOD
03-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Seton Hall making the Sweet Sixteen.

Boston College - Final Four

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Atlanta:
Duke
Cuse
Southern Illinois
Texas

Oakland:
Memphis
Kansas
Gonzaga
UCLA

DC:
UConn
Illinois
UNC
Tennessee

Minneapolis:
Nova
Nevada/Pacific... (im debating)
UW-M
Ohio State

eagles_victory
03-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I haven't second guessed myself yet. I won't start second guessing myself until I lose my first game then I'll be like what the heck was I thinking and second guess myself all day.

Eagle6Man
03-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Atlanta

Duke
LSU
Iowa
Texas

Oakland

Memphis
Pittsburg
San Diego St.
UCLA

Washington

UConn
Illinois
Mich St.
Seton Hall

Minneapolis

Villanova
Boston College
Florida
Ohio St.

Chief Ohera
03-16-2006, 11:29 AM
bradley over Kansas,

my brothers you heard it here first, from the chief, i tend to be really knowledgeable when it comes tournment time.

so stick around and good luck to you all, expect for addias.

until next time................

District303aPastPlayer
03-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
bradley over Kansas,

my brothers you heard it here first, from the chief, i tend to be really knowledgeable when it comes tournment time.

so stick around and good luck to you all, expect for addias.

until next time................

bradley... hmmm

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 11:38 AM
one I haven't given much thought to is SDSU over Gonzaga in the 2nd round. SDSU can put up A LOT of points and plays an up tempo game that could lead them into a shootout vs the Zags if they get past Indiana.

AHH...MARCH MADNESS IS UPON US!!!

KTJ
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
While Cheif Ohera is an idiot and is the worst representative of the Sooner Nation, he may be on to something. While I don't think it will happen, there have been a few analysts saying watch out for Bradley.

My Sweet 16

Atlanta

Duke
LSU
Iowa
Texas

Wash. DC

uConn
Illinois
North Carolina
Wichita State

Oakland

Memphis
Kansas
Indiana
UCLA

Minney

Villanova
Boston College
Florida
Georgetown

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 11:41 AM
I found a picture of the Chief after an Aggie "finished" with him...

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~imes/sheepsmoking.jpg

Chief Ohera
03-16-2006, 12:06 PM
addias here is a deal that would prove worthwhile for you, if you accept it and can "beat" me then you can choose to do whatever to me,

so lets make a deal,
Let's see who can get the most teams in the "Sweet16" and the winner gets the bragging rights,
if you beat me i will lay off and i won't post for 2-3 weeks.

and if i beat you you don't ever make fun of me again,
does that sound fair, i believe it does.

until next time, my brother,

Eagle6Man
03-16-2006, 12:09 PM
I found a picture of the Chief after an Aggie "finished" with him...

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~imes/sheepsmoking.jpg

hahahahahahaha too funny!!!!

Chief Ohera
03-16-2006, 12:10 PM
My "SweetSixteen" for you addias.

Duke/Syracuse
WV/UT

Memphis/Pitt
Xavier/UCLA

Uconn/Washington
MSU/Tenn

Nova/BC
UF/Georgetown

bring it on addias, you my brother will get shown up,

until next time...................

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
addias here is a deal that would prove worthwhile for you, if you accept it and can "beat" me then you can choose to do whatever to me,

so lets make a deal,
Let's see who can get the most teams in the "Sweet16" and the winner gets the bragging rights,
if you beat me i will lay off and i won't post for 2-3 weeks.

and if i beat you you don't ever make fun of me again,
does that sound fair, i believe it does.

until next time, my brother,

How about this??? You realize these two things...

1) Unlike you, I don't consider myself an expert in basketball nor do I go around bragging about how good I am...

2) I like picking on you because it's fun to put a know it all in his place when you come around acting like the authority on a subject that in reality you know no more about than anybody else..

So you can compare my picks to yours...but I'll still pick on you regardless of the outcome! :thumbsup: