PDA

View Full Version : Domino

Buccaneer
03-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I caught Domino on DVD over the weekend and I would highly recommend it. I also saw the Weatherman and North Country. They were ok. I am waiting on The History of Violence right now(Blockbuster online). I missed Jarhead last week, is it a must see?

sww-bull52
03-15-2006, 09:57 PM
I think so. I maybe kinda prejudice though because I WAS a Jarhead in Desert Storm. I bought it the other night and watched it for the first time with the wife and kids. Be forewarned. There is ALOT of bad language (we were Marines after all!!!) and some nudity/sexual content. Well worth watching though.

smustangs
03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
i have heard several times jarhead wasnt that good. with you having been there done that is it very realistic as far as the real thing goes?

Eagle6Man
03-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
I think so. I maybe kinda prejudice though because I WAS a Jarhead in Desert Storm. I bought it the other night and watched it for the first time with the wife and kids. Be forewarned. There is ALOT of bad language (we were Marines after all!!!) and some nudity/sexual content. Well worth watching though.

Bull, I read somewhere today that in the movie the word F was used 238 times. Definately a movie for a little older kids.

Just thought I would add that. Of course they are rating that movie a #1. I guess we could say it's gonna always be ALWAYS FIRST.
:D

sww-bull52
03-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Although I wasn't a Sniper or even in the unit in the movie, it's pretty good at capturing the whole thing. I had to laugh all the way through the boot camp scenes. Pretty good depiction of the real thing. Just imagine that for twelve weeks!!! Yeah the F word is used alot in the movie, but I probably heard it more times than that in one day in the Corps. The sad part about the movie was the relationship problems they showed in the movie. Wifes and girlfriends sending Dear John letters to your buddies is pretty real. I remember ALOT of Marines who dreaded mail call.

Eagle6Man
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by sww-bull52
Although I wasn't a Sniper or even in the unit in the movie, it's pretty good at capturing the whole thing. I had to laugh all the way through the boot camp scenes. Pretty good depiction of the real thing. Just imagine that for twelve weeks!!! Yeah the F word is used alot in the movie, but I probably heard it more times than that in one day in the Corps. The sad part about the movie was the relationship problems they showed in the movie. Wifes and girlfriends sending Dear John letters to your buddies is pretty real. I remember ALOT of Marines who dreaded mail call.

Yeah, when I did my stint...Ol Jody ran rampant at home.

My senior drill instructor (who always carried a megaphone by the way) loved telling us about Jody in the morning formations.:D

sww-bull52
03-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, Jody was a pretty popular guy. My Senior DI had just done a tour with RECON and he had all kinds of fun games and stories for us boots.

smustangs
03-16-2006, 12:00 AM
i may not be the first on here but i want to thank yall for serving and defending this great nation thank you for your service

sww-bull52
03-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Muchas Gracias!!!