PDA

View Full Version : Crazy ESPN!

kepdawg
03-15-2006, 09:04 PM
The amazingly great super wonderful awesome World Baseball Classic has one game underway and another with a first pitch in an hour and what is on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN has NBA basketball. ESPN2 has NCAA Softball! ESPN sure knows how to promote such a groundbreaking, historical, and monumental event such as the World Baseball Classic!

Adidas410s
03-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Hopefully they can get the next WBC set to get "live coverage" of the next classic. Then again...I bet a lot of this is because the suits didn't think that there would actually be this much interest in the 1st WBC.

3afan
03-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The amazingly great super wonderful awesome World Baseball Classic has one game underway and another with a first pitch in an hour and what is on ESPN and ESPN2. ESPN has NBA basketball. ESPN2 has NCAA Softball! ESPN sure knows how to promote such a groundbreaking, historical, and monumental event such as the World Baseball Classic!

its not ESPNs job to promote anything, except their own future programming. and if the USA is not playing then does anyone but the hardcore baseball fan even care? and,ESPNs contract with the NBA was probably in place before the WBC even came about .....

Maroon87
03-16-2006, 07:41 AM
At least it wasn't Spelling Bee.:rolleyes:

Phil C
03-16-2006, 09:43 AM
ESPN - isn't that the main media that said USC was the greatest football team ever? Oh wait - I just remember January 4th. :)

Adidas410s
03-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
its not ESPNs job to promote anything, except their own future programming. and if the USA is not playing then does anyone but the hardcore baseball fan even care? and,ESPNs contract with the NBA was probably in place before the WBC even came about .....

So from a programming standpoint...would you rather have Korea vs Japan that has national implications...or NCAA Women's Softball???

SintonFan_inAustin
03-16-2006, 11:30 AM
i have been able to watch live games on my computer. They have been some of the best baseball games ive seen, it is playoff atmosphere. Cuba and Puerto Rico game was great as was the Japan and Korea game.

mwynn05
03-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
its not ESPNs job to promote anything, except their own future programming. and if the USA is not playing then does anyone but the hardcore baseball fan even care? and,ESPNs contract with the NBA was probably in place before the WBC even came about ..... a couple of nights ago they showed to 2 foreign teams live and tape delayed the US game