PDA

View Full Version : Saints Signed Drew Brees

Old Tiger
03-15-2006, 07:20 PM
What emphasis does this have on the draft?

mrescape43
03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I think it is more of a reflection of how NO feels about this years group of incoming Qbacks. IMO there isn't one that will make an immediate impact and the Saints signed a good Qback in Brees.

Buccaneer
03-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I bet Phil C knows that Drew Brees is the nephew of former Texas QB, Marty Akins.

OnceABucJr
03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
That means BPhill also knows that Brees is the grandson of the great Gregory-Portland coach, Ray Akin!!!

Adidas410s
03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I bet Phil C knows that Drew Brees is the nephew of former Texas QB, Marty Akins.

Originally posted by OnceABucJr
That means BPhill also knows that Brees is the grandson of the great Gregory-Portland coach, Ray Akin!!!

So where does Clay Aiken fall into all of this???

http://www.tvsquad.com/images/2005/08/clayaiken2.jpg http://www.chargers.com/images/bio_images/Brees_Drew.jpg

I can see the resemblence

Eagle6Man
03-15-2006, 09:54 PM
Well,
remember, the Saints have a new coach....from Dallas by the way, in little Shawn Payton.

Getting Brees was an excellent steal for the Saints. What if they kept their draft pick (which I don't think they will do) and go get some defensive monsters? Their running game isn't that bad, and now they have a QB. The recievers are competitive (if they aren't talking on the cell phone in the end zone). I'm thinking the Saint's may be the surprise team of the year depending on this draft. Remember, they have alot of paying back to do for the lousy schedule of always being on the road last year due the hurricane....watch out for the Saints dudes. (and dudettes):D

What if they drafted that LB from Ohio State???

District303aPastPlayer
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Leinhart just saw his draft stock FALL miserably... he wont be taken til the end of the first round. Look for the Jets to try and get this pick and take Jay Cutler as they are high on him. If they dont trade this pick away... D'Brick goes second to start protecting their investment.