PDA

View Full Version : Golf question

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 09:18 AM
First, do you know what GOLF stands for? (Answer later)

Second, I am going to buy a new driver. I have been hitting the Callaway ERC II for several years and I hit it very well. Long and I can work it pretty good. But I am ready for some new technology.

I have been offered a Cobra F Speed 460 for $200. I went out and hit it yesterday and I hit it straight and about the same distance as my current driver (maybe a little more carry). Is there something better. Quite a few of the guys I play with are hitting this driver and almost all of them are hitting it well. Suggestions?

GOLF stands for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbiden. If my wife takes up golf, I am taking up knitting.

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I am taking up knitting.
Please be sure to post pictures. :D

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey MOM, I have to be in Georgetown on Saturday for a Rotary meeting. My wife wants to come. Is there anything she can do for several hours while I am busy? She loves shopping and movies.

LH Panther Mom
03-15-2006, 09:51 AM
I understand the "square" has lots of neat shops. There's also Wolf Ranch (I35 & Hwy 29, west of 35), which has a LOT of shopping. The closest theatre is in Round Rock, but it's at the northern edge, so not too far.

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Thanks Mom but where are the golfers?

Adidas410s
03-15-2006, 11:13 AM
I'm still VERY partial to Callaway drivers. Have had a Big Bertha (rugger titanium), Hawkeye 1 and 2, for a while had the Big Bertha 454 but switched back to the smaller Big Bertha. That being said...I have hit the TM R7 Quad and found that I really liked it. Nike Drivers...UGH!!! I carried the model right before the Ignite (I forget the model name) and had it for a few weeks before switching back Callaway. I'm a creature of habit...so I'm probably not very good help though!!! I've tried Titleist, TM, Nike, and Cleveland but still like the overall feel and performance of Callaways

Check with injured...he knows a little bit

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I have been hitting Callaway for the last ten or twelve years. I don't change very often. I had the Biggest Big Bertha prior to the ERC II. I was leaning to the Callaway 454 but I can't decide. When I tried the Cobra yesterday, I hit it over a water hazzard on a par 5 that requires a 265 carry and I was about 30 yards up the hill over it (not bad for a 52 year old).

I really have found that the key is matching the shaft to my swing and the RCH graphite in a regular flex is consistently the best for me. The shaft in the Cobra felt pretty goood though.

Thanks for your input.

injuredinmelee
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
The new Taylormade r7 425 or 460 are clubs i recommend. Also hit the new Titelist 905R. Its GREAT.

MHSvarsity2007
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
GOLF stands for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbiden.

:flamingma :foul: :mad: