PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Out; T.O. In?

kepdawg
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Both receivers have been released.

HighSchool Fan
03-14-2006, 04:18 PM
with Keyshawn gone Dallas has to find a WR in FA.

Adidas410s
03-14-2006, 04:21 PM
it fits Len Pasqaruelli's (sp) theory about TO in Dallas perfectly...

CenTexSports
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
They could draft that big guy out of Texas and convert him to a wide receiver. I think he runs pretty good and would be good in a single wing offense.

Adidas410s
03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
They could draft that big guy out of Texas and convert him to a wide receiver. I think he runs pretty good and would be good in a single wing offense.

you can't convert the unwilling...especially with many other teams willing to take him on as a QB

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Over the past two years I really liked Keyshawn. He made clutch plays, although he didn't have blazing speed, the guy had great hands.

I'm sorry to see him go.

HighSchool Fan
03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Over the past two years I really liked Keyshawn. He made clutch plays, although he didn't have blazing speed, the guy had great hands.

I'm sorry to see him go.

i agree with ya. i wonder how many people here hated the fact that Dallas signed Keyshawn when they did. seems like the media was wrong about Keyshawn being Meshawn.

Keith7
03-14-2006, 04:51 PM
oh no... after all u cowboys fans talked crap about TO the last 2 years what are u guys gonna think now if the Cowboys get him??

HighSchool Fan
03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
oh no... after all u cowboys fans talked crap about TO the last 2 years what are u guys gonna think now if the Cowboys get him??

i'll be cussing him happily when he scores.

CenTexSports
03-14-2006, 04:54 PM
I hope Jerry signs him and he gives them heck every day. They deserve each other. Two wrong don't make a right but maybe two idiots make for a Super Bowl Champion.

Rabbit'93
03-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I hope Jerry signs him and he gives them heck every day. They deserve each other. Two wrong don't make a right but maybe two idiots make for a Super Bowl Champion.
:clap:

STANG RED
03-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm sure Jerry Jones couldnt give a rip flip about what I think, but if T.O. is in, I am out! Guess I'll just have to become a Texans fan. I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life, but I havent liked JJ from day one, and this would just be the iceing on the cake for me. If they sign him, I hope they lose every game by 50 or more. It will be fun though, to set back and laugh at Jones, when he is going crazy trying to figure out what to do with T.O. after paying him a boat load of money, then watching him destroy his team.

3afan
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
Keyshawn. ....
I'm sorry to see him go.

me too

Adidas410s
03-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm sure Jerry Jones couldnt give a rip flip about what I think, but if T.O. is in, I am out! Guess I'll just have to become a Texans fan. I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life, but I havent liked JJ from day one, and this would just be the iceing on the cake for me. If they sign him, I hope they lose every game by 50 or more. It will be fun though, to set back and laugh at Jones, when he is going crazy trying to figure out what to do with T.O. after paying him a boat load of money, then watching him destroy his team.

T.O. won't get paid near as much as before because no team is willing to take the risk...and why should they offer $7 mil/year? NO team would pay that for him right now because his "baggage" does not warrant that type of salary. However, if you can have that type of talent for <$2 mil then why not do it? It's a risk/reward situation. He will be less than 2% of your cap #...I would do it

Chris Hart
03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I hope the Cowboys don't sign T.O.! I would rather go through the growing pains with a talented rookie. If they do end up signing the teamkiller, I hope they have enough sense to only give him a one year contract. He wouldn't be so fast to act like an idiot when he has to perform to assure himself of next year's salary in mind. And, it seems he has always waited until at least the second year of his tenure with his prior teams before he starts destroying a team from the lockerroom out. I'd much rather have Keyshawn!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Cameron Crazy
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I hate t.o

Chief Ohera
03-14-2006, 07:57 PM
bring on TO, he would be great for the cowboys, especially when they build their new stadium, he is a great player who will score plenty of TD's

i don't like TO one bit, he is one of the most arrogant ego-centered athletes i have ever seen, but he would be a great fit in dallas, he would draw immediate attention to the cowboys,

i wonder how many illegal drugs TO has used in his life, it makes me wonder all the time.

Go out and sign this "ICON" and he will at least help the cowboys inch closer to the SB,

until next time.........

Adidas410s
03-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
bring on TO, he would be great for the cowboys, especially when they build their new stadium, he is a great player who will score plenty of TD's

i don't like TO one bit, he is one of the most arrogant ego-centered athletes i have ever seen, but he would be a great fit in dallas, he would draw immediate attention to the cowboys,

i wonder how many illegal drugs TO has used in his life, it makes me wonder all the time.

Go out and sign this "ICON" and he will at least help the cowboys inch closer to the SB,

until next time.........

thanks for coming out of your hole to grace us with your presence!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
03-14-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm sure Jerry Jones couldnt give a rip flip about what I think, but if T.O. is in, I am out! Guess I'll just have to become a Texans fan. I've been a Cowboy fan my whole life, but I havent liked JJ from day one, and this would just be the iceing on the cake for me. If they sign him, I hope they lose every game by 50 or more. It will be fun though, to set back and laugh at Jones, when he is going crazy trying to figure out what to do with T.O. after paying him a boat load of money, then watching him destroy his team. I with you Stang expect I'll just spend a lot more time on the golf course playing the un-sport.:D

football4life
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
I hate T.O.

T.O. as a cowboy?

Damn I love T.O.!

Go 'boys!

crzyjournalist03
03-14-2006, 08:57 PM
My theory all along has been this...

If the Cowboys sign Adam Vinatieri, they're the favorite to make the Super Bowl for the NFC. Look at it this way, if we have him last year, we win the first Washington game, the Seattle game, the Denver game, and the St. Louis game (b/c we actually would have had something to play for). We do that, we're 13-3 and own the tiebreaker with Seattle and are the number one seed already having beaten Seattle and Carolina on the road.

My other theory is this:

Even if the Cowboys sign Vinatieri, signing T.O. cancels it out and the team ends up right about where they did last year...sitting at home when the REAL games are played.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-15-2006, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
My theory all along has been this...

If the Cowboys sign Adam Vinatieri, they're the favorite to make the Super Bowl for the NFC. Look at it this way, if we have him last year, we win the first Washington game, the Seattle game, the Denver game, and the St. Louis game (b/c we actually would have had something to play for). We do that, we're 13-3 and own the tiebreaker with Seattle and are the number one seed already having beaten Seattle and Carolina on the road.

My other theory is this:

Even if the Cowboys sign Vinatieri, signing T.O. cancels it out and the team ends up right about where they did last year...sitting at home when the REAL games are played.

I like what you said about Vinatieri. Not sure we would have won all those games but maybe. Ok but why would TO cancel that out? I hate TO no doubt about it. He danced on my star. But he did because we couldn't stop him. That is because he is good. He was great in the Superbowl loss year before last year. He is a great player period. I hated playing against him because he always scored.

If the Cowboys do sign him I will be mad because I feel like we don't need the guy, but I would also feel a little excitment inside because I know how other teams feel about defending him.

The real story is Larry Allen. Will he be with us next year?

STANG RED
03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Guys, TO wont fix anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The main root of the problem with the Cowboys is at the QB position. Until they get a real winner in there as their everyday starter, they will have limited success at best. This is a long lingering problem, and they havent really faced up to it and fixed it. I love Bledsoe as a good, go to backup, but he just doesnt have what it takes to be a dependable winner at the starting position. If they had fixed this problem long before now (as they should have), they wouldnt be looking for a savior now.
TO is not the answer! No matter how great his talent is, he will cause more problems than he will solve. I cant believe some of you fellas cant see that.

Macarthur
03-15-2006, 10:30 AM
Guys, TO wont fix anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The main root of the problem with the Cowboys is at the QB position. Until they get a real winner in there as their everyday starter, they will have limited success at best. This is a long lingering problem, and they havent really faced up to it and fixed it. I love Bledsoe as a good, go to backup, but he just doesnt have what it takes to be a dependable winner at the starting position. If they had fixed this problem long before now (as they should have), they wouldnt be looking for a savior now.
TO is not the answer! No matter how great his talent is, he will cause more problems than he will solve. I cant believe some of you fellas cant see that.

Don't take this personal, but that is an idiotic post.

First, while I'm not a Bledsoe apologist, how can you argue with what he did last year. Until the OL broke down, he was headed to the pro bowl. To say they haven't owned up to it and fixed it is insane. Half the teams in the NFL are trying to find a QB. They don't just grow on trees, you know. To say he doesn't have what it takes to be a dependable winner is stupid, too. He lead this team to a winning record and, as someone stated earlier, if they had a good kicker, they would have been in the playoffs.

As for the TO thing, I don't like the guy and think he's a selfish brat. But guess what, if every team got rid of their problems, there would be no one left to fill out the rosters. Guys, the Cowboys have a long history of having "characters" on the team. Wasn't Hollywood Henderson the one that admitted to snorting coke on the sidelines? Come on, guys. In reality, no one cares if these guys are boy scouts. All you want is your team to win, and this guy makes the Cowboys an instant playoff team.

STANG RED
03-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Don't take this personal, but that is an idiotic post.
To say he doesn't have what it takes to be a dependable winner is stupid, too.

Naw, how could I possibly take you calling me idiotic and stupid personal? MORON!

I dont really think you want to go there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

Macarthur
03-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Naw, how could I possibly take you calling me idiotic and stupid personal? MORON!

I dont really think you want to go there buddy!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't call you an idiot, and I'm not your buddy.

I apologize for using that language.

Adidas410s
03-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Come on, guys. In reality, no one cares if these guys are boy scouts. All you want is your team to win, and this guy makes the Cowboys an instant playoff team.

2 points for Mac!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

In the offseason when there are no games being played...fans will look at personal issues of players. Once September rolls around...what happens on the field on Sundays is all you care about! Your team wins...you are happy until the next week!

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Wrong.

I root for players as much as teams. Jim Sundberg, Bo Jackson, Roger Staubach, George Brett: these are the type of people that make me love sports.

I will not support teams with players like Michael Irvin, Lattrell Spreewell, TO, Allen Iverson and Barry Bonds. They don't have to be perfect, nobody is but they at least have to try to be decent and care.

Adidas410s
03-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Wrong.

I root for players as much as teams. Jim Sundberg, Bo Jackson, Roger Staubach, George Brett: these are the type of people that make me love sports.

I will not support teams with players like Michael Irvin, Lattrell Spreewell, TO, Allen Iverson and Barry Bonds. They don't have to be perfect, nobody is but they at least have to try to be decent and care.

I wasn't talking about "rooting" for the players. I am saying that during the season you hear people on here talking about what goes on ON THE FIELD on Mondays. You didn't hear people on a Monday during the 90's saying "man Irvin had a great game yesterday...now if he could just get off the crack!" People either said "man Irvin played great" or "geez he just couldn't catch a ball today." Unless a new off the field issue comes up DURING the season...they are a non-factor as far as fans are concerned. Now when it comes time during the offseason to see what players are going to be added/removed from a roster...then these same off the field issues are life and death matters to fans.

Oh and George Brett??? Did you forget his use of pine tar during the early and mid 80's??? I may get killed for this but that WAS the steroids of the time because it was what players did to cheat the game...Think about it! :thinking:

Macarthur
03-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Wrong.

Maybe wrong for you....You have every right to feel that way. My only point is that there are tons of guys out there that are real jerks that we don't know about.

CenTexSports
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
I lived outside Kansa City when the pine tar incident happened and regularly went to Royals games. If I remember correctly, the Royals protest was upheld and George was exonerated.

DaHop72
03-15-2006, 11:55 AM

Well, he's my buddy.:clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
03-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I hope the Cowboys pick up TO then draft Chad Jackson, WR Florida. Those are two huge vertical threats and both can catch across the middle. Jackson ran a 4.32 at the combine.

BJG40
03-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Man the star has been tarnished enough by Jerry Jones and Michael Irvin's "mishaps". We definitely dont need T.O. and his "character" around.

Keith7
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM

As for the TO thing, I don't like the guy and think he's a selfish brat. But guess what, if every team got rid of their problems, there would be no one left to fill out the rosters.

wow what an idiotic statement!! 99.9% of the rest of the league besides TO have not blown up 2 teams at mid-season.. That statement is just rediculous

Macarthur
03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
wow what an idiotic statement!! 99.9% of the rest of the league besides TO have not blown up 2 teams at mid-season.. That statement is just rediculous

Granted, TO is the king of knuckleheads, but I disagree with everyone that says he blew up the Eagles. Donovan McNabb getting hurt is what derailed the Eagles, not TO. Sure, he was a distraction, but they were still on track to make the playoffs when McNabb got hurt. Why does everyone insist on claiming he caused the Eagles to crumble? That's just not true. I suspect the Eagles will be right back in the hunt this year. And had they won that Superbowl all Eagles fans would tell you it had been worth it to win it all.

I think it's idiotic of you to think there are not guys that could be as disruptive as TO. The big difference is that he is one of the most talented guys in the league. If he weren't as talented, this would be a non-issue.

Look, here is what it boils down to; I think you guys that don't like him have everyright to not want him on your team. And, quite frankly, I'm not sure I want him on mine or not. But I think it's intellectually dishonest to hold the old 70s & 80s Cowboys in some sort of reverence and bad mouth the TOs & Michael Irvin's of the world.

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-15-2006, 03:55 PM
Granted, TO is the king of knuckleheads, but I disagree with everyone that says he blew up the Eagles. Donovan McNabb getting hurt is what derailed the Eagles, not TO. Sure, he was a distraction, but they were still on track to make the playoffs when McNabb got hurt. Why does everyone insist on claiming he caused the Eagles to crumble? That's just not true. I suspect the Eagles will be right back in the hunt this year. And had they won that Superbowl all Eagles fans would tell you it had been worth it to win it all.

I think it's idiotic of you to think there are not guys that could be as disruptive as TO. The big difference is that he is one of the most talented guys in the league. If he weren't as talented, this would be a non-issue.

Look, here is what it boils down to; I think you guys that don't like him have everyright to not want him on your team. And, quite frankly, I'm not sure I want him on mine or not. But I think it's intellectually dishonest to hold the old 70s & 80s Cowboys in some sort of reverence and bad mouth the TOs & Michael Irvin's of the world.

Mac: I agree with you. Very good post.

Bullaholic
03-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Don't let Keith fool you, mac.....he is an avid Eagle and T.O. supporter and took those positions in many earlier threads.

Mac and Z, I respect both of your opinions, but I differ on the T.O. issue. This guy delights in being the center of media attention, and if he has to "wreck" an entire team to get what he wants--he does it. There is absolutely no "team" spirit in T.O. and I can see nothing but trouble if he comes to the Cowboys. I don't think the fans will ever fully "embrace" him unless he really scores a lot of td's and keeps his mouth shut. My $.02 is pass this guy and spend the dollars on other players.

Macarthur
03-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't let Keith fool you, mac.....he is an avid Eagle and T.O. supporter and took those positions in many earlier threads.

Mac and Z, I respect both of your opinions, but I differ on the T.O. issue. This guy delights in being the center of media attention, and if he has to "wreck" an entire team to get what he wants--he does it. There is absolutely no "team" spirit in T.O. and I can see nothing but trouble if he comes to the Cowboys. I don't think the fans will ever fully "embrace" him unless he really scores a lot of td's and keeps his mouth shut. My $.02 is pass this guy and spend the dollars on other players.

bull, you could be right about him wrecking the boys. However, if everyone remembers, he caused absolutely no trouble in PHilly his first year. He played his butt off and worked very hard to get himself back in shape for the superbowl. It's not like the guy has no work ethic. When did he start causing problems? It was when he didn't perceive he was being respected (i.e., $$$$). His whole thing is money = respect. He wanted his contract re-worked because he felt his mortality with the injury. While I don't agree with how he did it, I think many can understand him wanting to rework his contract. Players do that all the time.

I know I sound like a TO apologist and I'm really not. I just think some folks are making a bigger vilian out of him than he really is.

Bullaholic
03-15-2006, 04:30 PM
bull, you could be right about him wrecking the boys. However, if everyone remembers, he caused absolutely no trouble in PHilly his first year. He played his butt off and worked very hard to get himself back in shape for the superbowl. It's not like the guy has no work ethic. When did he start causing problems? It was when he didn't perceive he was being respected (i.e., $$$$). His whole thing is money = respect. He wanted his contract re-worked because he felt his mortality with the injury. While I don't agree with how he did it, I think many can understand him wanting to rework his contract. Players do that all the time.

I know I sound like a TO apologist and I'm really not. I just think some folks are making a bigger vilian out of him than he really is.

I think you hit on something, Mac. The trouble everybody has with T.O. is that you never know when he going to pull some issue out of the "air" for him to get upset over---and T.O. has proven that he doesn't care what part of the season or situation his team is in at the time---he only knows that T.O. has been offended. If T.O. will ever mature enough to try to mitigate on some of his ego issues, then I think the team he is playing for may try a little harder to "placate" his hurt feelings. T.O's former Eagle teammate, Jerimiah Trotter, stated that T.O. holds a "grudge" like no one he has ever seen. Until T.O. can see beyond himself and see the bigger picture, he is going to be a seriously disruptive force in any lockerroom. He just doesn't know when to "let go" of an issue.

STANG RED
03-15-2006, 04:39 PM

I apologize for using that language.

I stand corrected. Your absolutely right about not being my buddy!

And, I accept your apology.

mrescape43
03-15-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wasn't talking about "rooting" for the players. I am saying that during the season you hear people on here talking about what goes on ON THE FIELD on Mondays. You didn't hear people on a Monday during the 90's saying "man Irvin had a great game yesterday...now if he could just get off the crack!" People either said "man Irvin played great" or "geez he just couldn't catch a ball today." Unless a new off the field issue comes up DURING the season...they are a non-factor as far as fans are concerned. Now when it comes time during the offseason to see what players are going to be added/removed from a roster...then these same off the field issues are life and death matters to fans.

Oh and George Brett??? Did you forget his use of pine tar during the early and mid 80's??? I may get killed for this but that WAS the steroids of the time because it was what players did to cheat the game...Think about it! :thinking:

Wasn't Pine Tar Legal for use on 1st 18" of bat and Bretts' was past this limit?