PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your Teams most "Embarrassing" or "Upset" loss in the past five ye

PPHSfan
12-31-2002, 09:51 AM
Well we all love to talk about our favorite teams accomplishments. Now tell us about your most unenviable achievement.

big daddy russ
12-31-2002, 01:09 PM
...every year we (Ingleside) play Aransas Pass. Not just one game, but each of the last five. It's horrible how they've owned us in this five-year span. The first three years they outscored our boys by a combined 88-0. Then last year, when we had the inside track to the playoffs and a win would've guaranteed a playoff spot, they stop us on a two-point conversion with no time left to win 28-27. And this year was the worst. 62-0. For everybody from AP who reads this, one of these days your time will be up! One of these days... :D :D :D

PPHSfan
12-31-2002, 01:22 PM
In the final game of the 2001 season, Pilot Point squared off against Callisburg. Yes that is right, Callisburg...a team that the Bearcats had owned for years. A team that finished this season 168th in 2A. The Bearcats had been struggling all year, mainly due to frictions between, the Players, The Coach, and the Town, but all they needed to do was go into Callisburg and pull of one final victory in District play and then move into the playoffs for the 23rd consecutive year. Unfortunately, Callisburg had other plans and their close victory over the Bearcats put an end to a streak that was on the way to making history. I honestly thought that there might be a mass suicide on the town square the following Saturday morning, but instead, the town rallied and started a new streak this year.

bearcat1
12-31-2002, 06:58 PM
I can honestly say there hasn't been a time I was 'embarrased' to be an Aledo Bearcat. however, there have been some uncomfortable moments:

1. Our backup quarterback goes in after our starting QB is moved over to receiver to help us get down the field (more on this later). He takes the snap, rolls out, and with the ball in his hand goes to 'tap' the ball with his other hand in preparation for the pass....in doing so he knocks the ball out of his own hand, a fumble recovered by opposing team.

2. Bearcats can get nothing going--on next series move Newton from QB to receiver. He proceeds to catch 4 or 5 passes getting the first downs, taking the Bearcats down the field, and when close to the goal line they put him back at QB so he can run the ball in and score. I thought, wow if they could just find a way to get him to throw the ball, then run down field and catch his own pass, we'd be all set. leading rusher, receiver, passer, punt returner, broke up some passes in the secondary and had an interception. We are sure gonna miss him...

bc

bearcat1
12-31-2002, 07:03 PM
another time few years ago. We decide to try our hand at a little trickery. We are trying to run something called the 'whisper'. Essentially, our QB gets set, then raises up and looks at the sidelines and begans walking over towards there, as if he is gonna call a timeout. Supposedly this was to cause the defense to think we were calling timeout so they sort of relax, and then as the QB passes a certain spot, the ball would be snapped to someone and off we would go. Well, all goes according to plan, except the center snaps the ball too soon and nobody is there, it just sort of gets thrown downfield to nobody and the rush was on. The next play was like 2nd and 40 or something. We did not run the whisper again.
bc

<small>[ December 31, 2002, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: bearcat1 ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
12-31-2002, 07:56 PM
Most Embarrassing Game for the Bulls this year? Easy, the Gainesville game. The Bulls came in undefeated and off of a poor second half against 2A Boyd. The team looked a little complacent and just couldn't get it together. Then, in the 3rd quarter, they begin running out of gas and Gainesville makes it a rout.

twinkle
12-31-2002, 08:11 PM
Bearcat, that second story was pretty good, lmao. Years from now, people are still gonna be asking that kid what the heck happened.

Keith7
12-31-2002, 08:14 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
Most Embarrassing Game for the Bulls this year? Easy, the Gainesville game. The Bulls came in undefeated and off of a poor second half against 2A Boyd. The team looked a little complacent and just couldn't get it together. Then, in the 3rd quarter, they begin running out of gas and Gainesville makes it a rout.Sorry we had to do that.. to ya!
Gainesvilles would have to be the Celina game.. Yall know my thoughts on that game so no explanation is needed

wildstangs
01-01-2003, 06:16 PM
My sophomore year of h.s. We had something like a 40 game regular season winnning streak, and got beat by Borger 19-14 at our place. What made it really bad was that we had beat Brownwood (Colby Freemans senior year) and shutout Levelland in the two games before that.

Da Mules
01-01-2003, 10:49 PM
it would have to be our totally uninspired, lackadaisical, lack of effort, who cares? in the first half against the Dimmitt Bobcats this year. Looked like da "clown-show" Mules of the pre-David Wood era.

theyoefnshow
01-01-2003, 11:22 PM
As bad as the Jasper game was (46-0) I think losing to Manor in the 98 playoffs was worse. 35-0 was the final there and I mean, losing is fine but my God, to be shut out by Manor? That's like the Bengals shutting out the Raiders.

c-town_balla
01-02-2003, 12:19 AM
I can say that this is in the last five years but it was 95 I beleve and we played Hearne and lost by about 40 points all time low point in Cameron yoe history ....who can name the coach?

hint: he won state this year

<small>[ January 01, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: c-town_balla ]</small>

theyoefnshow
01-02-2003, 09:19 AM
no way dude! We only lost by a few points! It was just the fact that we lost to Hearne!

fred grunden
01-02-2003, 01:12 PM
For the Jasper Bulldogs this year it was in my opionion, the forfeight loss to Newton. We were looking ahead the previous week when we played Kirbyville, because we knew the Newton game would be for the district championship. We were fired up and ready to play that night. Haven't seen
that many fans jammed into the "Dog House" in years. When the dust settled we had a convincing win, score was lopsided something like 43-20 (can't remember exactly). Could have been more lopsided except we pulled off the main dogs after the win was obvious. I went home satisfied we would be district champs. Happy all weekend. Then on Tuesday morn. I get a call from a friend and she said some Newton people said we had to forfeight the game. I said Oh No! Say it ain't so. But it was so. Any other game and our district record would be the same as Newton's and the win over Newton would have given us the edge.