PDA

View Full Version : No coffee

LH Panther Mom
03-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I went into the kitchen earlier to make coffee, put the coffee and water in, and turned on the machine. Nothing! :( So, I looked in the cabinet where I've kept a "just in case" percolator for years and it's not there. That's the cabinet that lhpd cleaned out over Christmas holidays and I guess he decided we didn't need it any longer. :rolleyes: I looked in the garage where the other "purged" items are, and it's not with them. I woke him up, asked him about it, and of course he doesn't have a clue. My only thought is that he put it in the camper. Soooo, I remember years ago, I bought a little one cup thingy that you put coffee in, stick in the microwave with water, and it "brews" one cup. (It's similar to a loose tea holder.) Yeah, right....this is the most gosh awful excuse for coffee I've had, tastes like coffee-colored water. Anyone want to bring me a cup of Starbucks?

I wonder if we have any instant.... :thinking:

pirate44
03-14-2006, 08:53 AM
here ya go

http://www.heavywinter.com/archives/starbucksCoffee.jpg
;)

LH Panther Mom
03-14-2006, 09:01 AM
:kiss: :kiss: Thanks.

STANG RED
03-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Just make campfire coffee on the stove LHPM. Just put you grounds straight in the pan and boil it up. Use a cup towel or something to strain it into your cup. It works great.
Please try this before murdering the hubby. :D

LH Panther Mom
03-14-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Please try this before murdering the hubby. :D
:eek: :eek: Too late! :doh:

pirate44
03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
there was a tv comedy a few years back where the guy didnt have filters for his coffee maker so he used a pair of underware. an unsuspecting drinker complimented the cup of coffee saying it had a nice "earthy" flavor :D

STANG RED
03-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
there was a tv comedy a few years back where the guy didnt have filters for his coffee maker so he used a pair of underware. an unsuspecting drinker complimented the cup of coffee saying it had a nice "earthy" flavor :D

LOL, Just imagine the stain that left in those drawers. :D

LH Panther Mom
03-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Woohoo! Once he fully woke up, he came to the rescue and got the campfire percolator out of the shed. :inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I'm glad I just drink Dr Pepper!!

CenTexSports
03-14-2006, 10:20 AM
It is obivious that you are addicted to this drug. You MUST renounce it and put this satanic desire behind you. Do NOT drink the devil's brew again, it is controlling your life. If you must drink, drink water. It is the essence of life. Please go to church and ask forgivness from this terrible addiction and pray for freedom from the clutches of it's grasp on you.

PS: drink Dr. Pepper

District303aPastPlayer
03-14-2006, 10:21 AM
wanna play a cruel joke to everyone at work... slowly start adding decaf to your coffee, taking a bit of regular out... when you have them switched over to decaf completely... flip it on them and go with expresso :)

SintonFan
03-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yeah, right....this is the most gosh awful excuse for coffee I've had, tastes like coffee-colored water.
Oh Lordy! The jokes I'm not gonna talk about in here.:nerd:

pirate4state
03-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I went into the kitchen earlier to make coffee, put the coffee and water in, and turned on the machine. Nothing! :( So, I looked in the cabinet where I've kept a "just in case" percolator for years and it's not there. That's the cabinet that lhpd cleaned out over Christmas holidays and I guess he decided we didn't need it any longer. :rolleyes: I looked in the garage where the other "purged" items are, and it's not with them. I woke him up, asked him about it, and of course he doesn't have a clue. My only thought is that he put it in the camper. Soooo, I remember years ago, I bought a little one cup thingy that you put coffee in, stick in the microwave with water, and it "brews" one cup. (It's similar to a loose tea holder.) Yeah, right....this is the most gosh awful excuse for coffee I've had, tastes like coffee-colored water. Anyone want to bring me a cup of Starbucks?

found a smilie for you http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee-01.gif :D

sinton66
03-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Hee hee, I have several ways of making coffee in the middle of the night in a blinding wind/hail/rain/snowstorm if needed. :D

SintonFan
03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hee hee, I have several ways of making coffee in the middle of the night in a blinding wind/hail/rain/snowstorm if needed. :D
Just what might that entail fren? I'm curious.:)