PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Six is revealed

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
Remember the Six Flags commercials last couple of years?
The little old man that could dance up a storm with music that just had to make you smile?

Well when little Danny Snider (Owner of the Washington Redskins) became the majority owner of Six Flags, he fired the Mr. Six.
From a marketing standpoint I often wonderd why.

Well, since Mr. Six no longer had to remain anonymous, (one of the best kept secrets since Dick Clark's facelift) the truth about Mr. Six's identity has come out.

http://www.pauldavidson.net/wp-content/themes/wfme/images/entries/mrsixrevealed.jpg

Some mysteries are never solved.

Like Stonehenge, Roswell and Jimmy Hoffa. Like Oak Island, the assassination of JFK, and what the monster is on the island in Lost. From the Bermuda Triangle, Jack the Ripper and thousands more cases — the world is filled with unsolved and un-proven mysteries that continue to inspire exploration, investigation and introspection.

Today, we have one less mystery to solve.

You may or may not remember that I had previously been on a search for Mr. Six, the Six Flags Magic Mountain iconic commercial character who danced his way into all of our hearts via the Venga Boys tunes. Yet, no matter how close I thought I had come to solving the mystery, the old-time dancing fool eluded me…and the Six Flags Corporation refused to fess up to his true identity.

It was a mystery that many tried to solve but one that none were successful at.

Searches for “Mr. Six” plagued online search engines. Discussion overloaded internet chat rooms. People ended up at this blog location (WFME) as one stop on a long journey to discover once and for all who the man “behind the prosthetic old-guy face and dark glasses” actually was. The media asked Six Flags, but were turned away. Well-known advertising magazines dug deeper. Individuals like myself peered into the darkness for answers.

And still there were no answers.

Six Flags remained stone-faced, unwilling to reveal who Mr. Six was…and as of November 2005 when Mr. Six’s popularity was at its height — Six Flags decided it was time to end the ad campaign due to the fact that the new owner (Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder) felt the wildly-successful character skewed too young.

Mr. Six was over. He was done. But was he gone?

Yet still — the mystery remained. Who was Mr. Six? Where did he go? Was he a performer or a dancer, was he a well known actor or an unknown whom we would soon come to be introduced to? Much like the Zapruder film, would some piece of evidence emerge to prove once and for all the true identity of Mr. Six?

Yes. Yes it would.

Although I cannot reveal my sources currently (although if put in jail and forced to release them I may give them up since I like homemade meals too much to miss out on them), I can reveal to you once and for all that it has been confirmed that the official, true identity of one Mr. Six is none other than:

Queer Eye for the Straight Girl’s Danny Teeson.

http://www.pauldavidson.net/2006/02/01/mr-six-revealed/

http://www.pauldavidson.net/2006/02/03/mr-six-revealed-part-2/