PDA

View Full Version : Phil C's Movie Previews

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 04:39 PM
What are your thoughts on them? Do you find them informative because they provide you with info on movies you have likely never heard of nor seen? Do you find them to be "the spam of the 3ADL?" What do you REALLY think...

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 04:42 PM
I like his "Rice is a scary team, they beat us in 1994, we must be careful" type stuff a lot better.:p

Having said that, I did enjoy "Dawn at Soccorro.":cool:

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 04:42 PM
My take is, I like them.

I assume Phil likes talking about them too.

This is sort of a question that sort of suprises me. I have seen many threads that held no interest for me personally, so I don't click on them. I hope Phil stays with the reviewing.

Bullaholic
03-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Phil is a real gentleman, and I always enjoy any of his threads, no matter how obscure, because he genuinely enjoys posting info for our review and likes to know that we have enjoyed his efforts. Like on TV--if you don't want to watch a certain channel- turn the dial.

Phantom Stang
03-13-2006, 05:04 PM
My opinion? Phil can post whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and I'll probably enjoy reading it.

Phil C
03-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Thank you everyone. I agree with what has been said. I try to usually make my threads obvious to what they are about so that those who are not interested don't have to open them. But the web site is for everyone so if just one person is interested in it (even if it is someone who reads and never posts) then it is worth while. Sort of like in the 60s I really enjoyed listening to the Fall Staff Scoreboard that gave the scores of all the football games played that day. They would give them all but like they said it was for everyone even if just one person in the listening area wanted one score of teams played far away.

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Just to clarify...these aren't something that bug me at all. I do take time to read through some...in particular the ones that are "old westerns" that my dad watches all the time. It will be fun when dad goes to tell me about one of the movies and I can go "yeah...already knew ALL about this one!" ;) I just got bored and saw a few movie reviews from Phil...so thought I would see what others thought. Then again...who could REALLY hate on Phil's work??? ;)

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you everyone. I agree with what has been said. I try to usually make my threads obvious to what they are about so that those who are not interested don't have to open them. But the web site is for everyone so if just one person is interested in it (even if it is someone who reads and never posts) then it is worth while. Sort of like in the 60s I really enjoyed listening to the Fall Staff Scoreboard that gave the scores of all the football games played that day. They would give them all but like they said it was for everyone even if just one person in the listening area wanted one score of teams played far away.

Falstaff Beer, now there is a name I have not heard in decades. Good catch, Phil!

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/_borders/logo02NA.jpg

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/

SintonFan
03-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What are your thoughts on them? Do you find them to be "the spam of the 3ADL?" What do you REALLY think...
I think noone should mess wit da GodFather...
:D
I'm his left-handed man, kapeesh?

Phantom Stang
03-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What do you REALLY think...
I think someone's been acting too big for his britches.