PDA

View Full Version : Your Tourney Upset

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 01:08 PM
What is the one upset you think will happen in the tourney? Provide some info to justify why you think the lower-seeded team will win instead of just saying "A&M beats Syracuse because they are better."

NOTE An upset means the teams have to be at least 4 seeds apart...so 8 vs 9 and 7 vs 10 games are NOT upsets.

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't know about an upset, but my bracket has Boston College in the Final Four.

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I don't know about an upset, but my bracket has Boston College in the Final Four.

definitely possible...my next thread is going to be "give your Final Four and winner of those games"

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:20 PM
UW-Mil over OU....

something about them is just screaming upset. They have 3 guys averaging at least 13 points a game, and 2 averaging 6 boards a game.

UWM brings back 4 starters from a team that lost in the Sweet 16 to Illinois and their star attack with Augustine, Brown, Williams, Powell, and Head. Look for a great showing, and if they win this game, i have them in the sweet 16 after beating Florida in round 2.

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
UW-Mil over OU....

something about them is just screaming upset. They have 3 guys averaging at least 13 points a game, and 2 averaging 6 boards a game.

UWM brings back 4 starters from a team that lost in the Sweet 16 to Illinois and their star attack with Augustine, Brown, Williams, Powell, and Head. Look for a great showing, and if they win this game, i have them in the sweet 16 after beating Florida in round 2.

Yeah...plus OU has really struggled of late.

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah...plus OU has really struggled of late.

their old coach is now the coach at Tennessee... Bruce "Sweaty Jacket" Pearl

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:36 PM
I have Kent St over Pitt too

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
What is the one upset you think will happen in the tourney? Provide some info to justify why you think the lower-seeded team will win instead of just saying "A&M beats Syracuse because they are better."

NOTE An upset means the teams have to be at least 4 seeds apart...so 8 vs 9 and 7 vs 10 games are NOT upsets.

Funny...A&M over Syracuse is my one big first round upset. There's just no way the 'Cuse can stay that hot, right?:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Funny...A&M over Syracuse is my one big first round upset. There's just no way the 'Cuse can stay that hot, right?:thinking:

if JMc can stay shootin lights out... A&M Is one and done... and in my bracket... they are gone after one game

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
if JMc can stay shootin lights out... A&M Is one and done... and in my bracket... they are gone after one game

plus the Cuse 2-3 forces you to beat them from outside (though they aren't as solid in the paint so you CAN get the ball down there this year) and A&M isn't a team that can shoot the 3 for a good %

TexasHSFootball
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
San Diego State over Indiana
Utah State over Washington
Montana over Nevada

I believe San Diego State can capitalize over a team in turmoil, plus former Michigan coach Steve Fisher is there so he is quite familiar with Indiana.

Utah State I think is very underrated. They should be solid against a decent but not great Washington team. Utah State had a very good showing against Nevada in the WAC Championship Game. Washington is a very decent team in a very overrated Pac 10.

Montana is red hot right now and so is Nevada. Nevada has one of the top players in the country but I can see Montana and their defense taking Nick Fazekas a non-factor.

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
to answer my own question...

I think I am going to go out on a limb with Iona over LSU. Just looking over some statistics...it seems like a good one that nobody is talking about

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Another possible one is Indiana/San Diego St. You know IU...they either lose in the first round or go to the Final Four.

caldwellguard62
03-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I dont think that there is many people that expect what I'm about to predict but I see Xavier upsetting Gonzaga. Zags have not played nobody they have went down to the wire more than half of their conference games. Teams like San Francisco, Loyola Maromount. And how many teams besides Gonzaga made it to the tournament in their conference. 0

Cameron Crazy
03-13-2006, 07:09 PM
Duke gonna win it all..or Uconn gonzaga aint gotta chance.

gobbler grad
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM
in the 1st round, #12 Montana over #5 Nevada and the 3 other #10's over the #7's...just a guess, who knows...:thinking:

those #8 and #9 teams are the hard ones to pick...they can go either way sometimes

Cameron Crazy
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Duke gonna win it all baby!!!