PDA

View Full Version : Maureen Stapleton 1925 - 2006

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Rest in peace.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/70/257570.jpg

Stapleton, Maureen

STAPLETON, MAUREEN [Stapleton, Maureen] 1925-, American actress, b. Troy, N.Y. Stapleton's first major stage success was in The Rose Tattoo (1951). Best-known for intelligent character roles, she has appeared on Broadway in Orpheus Descending (1957), Toys in the Attic (1960), The Gingerbread Lady (1970), and The Country Girl (1973). Her films include A View from the Bridge (1962), Plaza Suite (1972), Reds (1982), Cocoon (1985), and Nuts (1988).

The first in a Death Trifecta.

Maroon87
03-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I think Jean Stapleton played Edith Bunker, not Maureen.

Phil C
03-13-2006, 12:55 PM
RIP Maureen. :(

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I think Jean Stapleton played Edith Bunker, not Maureen.

Ooopppsss...if that is the case I am truly sorry...I am still Googling...

UPDATE:
Archie Bunkers Place - The Complete First Season (3 discs) on DVD $21.33 With Maureen Stapleton
Garnering four Emmy nominations during its run of four years, this spin-off of ALL IN THE FAMILY retains much from the original show. Now set in Archies Place, a saloon and takeout counter in Queens that Archi (More Info...)

Amazing the lack of photos for a famous movie star.

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe you should do the research before doing the posts. :thinking: :thinking:

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe you should do the research before doing the posts. :thinking: :thinking:

Well, if you notice in the previous entry, they said maureen was on Archie Bunker's place.

And I apologized. I thought if someone were on vacation, I might have corrected it before anyone noticed...I blew it, what can I say.....

BullFrog Dad
03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Rest in peace.

http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/70/257570.jpg

Stapleton, Maureen

STAPLETON, MAUREEN Best-known for intelligent character roles That should have been a tip-off!

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 01:10 PM
OK, here we go..sorry guys.

http://home.nycap.rr.com/maureenstapleton/Maureen_Stapleton_Online_Header_Portraits.JPG

http://home.nycap.rr.com/maureenstapleton/

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess I am looking in the wrong places...I have yet to find anything that says she was on Archie Bunker's Place.

The top of the that picture even says Jean Stapleton.

I wonder if she was just a a "sometimer"??

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
And I apologized. I thought if someone were on vacation, I might have corrected it before anyone noticed...
It's a work vacation, which gives me more time to pay attention here. :p

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 01:15 PM
http://home.nycap.rr.com/maureenstapleton/T_The_Mike_Douglas_Show.JPG

Appearing on 'The Mike Douglas Show' with Jean Stapleton (1972)

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Eagle I feel your pain man. I know all you aggies are just blown away with the fact that yall finally made the dance. Is it the firs time in 20 or 40 years? Congrats and I hope yall beat the heck out of Cuse.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Eagle I feel your pain man. I know all you aggies are just blown away with the fact that yall finally made the dance. Is it the firs time in 20 or 40 years? Congrats and I hope yall beat the heck out of Cuse.

What the heck??

That post on this thread just confused me!!

Phil C
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
It is ok Eagle. Jean was Archie's wife but still the news about Maureen is sad. Jean Stapleton was a very intelligent woman unlike the character she played on Archie Bunker and even on that show she was not a dingbat and if you were a regular watcher you would know it. In fact she was the one that figured out the riddle of the surgeon.

Phil C
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Maureen Stapleton appeared in many movies and tv shows often playing women much older than she actually was. For example she appears in the movie Bye Bye Birdie and plays Dick Van Dyke's dominating mother even though she and Van Dyke were born in the same year. :eek: She was only 38 years old when this movie was made but she looked older than she really was and she used that to her advantage in her career.

More on this great movie in another thread.

Phil C
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
When you watch Bye Bye Birdie be sure to watch out for Maureen's great song with Paul Lynde called "Kids". It is great. :)

DaHop72
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Maybe you should do the research before doing the posts. :thinking: :thinking: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What the heck??

That post on this thread just confused me!!

I was describing for everyone else why eagle was confused and couldnt think straight.

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 02:12 PM
I gots to stick behind my boys.

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Thanks Injured, I appeciate it.
I just totally made a huge mistake. What's funny is, while I was doing the research on Maureen, I kept telling my self not to get her confused with Jean and the i saw that movie cover and boom, I started asking myself which one was which and I posted the wrong one.

Thanks on behalf of the Aggie Nation.
This team is making progress. Certainly not on the level of the UT program, but seeing the Ags at the Big Dance is improvement indeed!