PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty...

I Love Pinetown
03-12-2006, 07:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ILovePinetown/MVC-050S.jpg

it's so nice to look at that and think, "and others thought it couldn't be done."

despite it being the number "1" ring or not...they made it...

I'm proud of my boys.

*loves thread and people all around*

GreenMonster
03-12-2006, 07:38 PM
go climb back under your rock

I Love Pinetown
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
go climb back under your rock

aww...looky me...I'm GreenMonster...aww...how cute

Old Tiger
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
lol

RMAC
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Good for them Hutto boys. Congrats.

3afan
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
didnt know 2nd place got a ring ...

District303aPastPlayer
03-12-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
didnt know 2nd place got a ring ...

its a feel good story type thing. . . the lil engine that could if you will. . .

I Love Pinetown
03-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its a feel good story type thing. . . the lil engine that could if you will. . .

i didn't know they got a ring either--but it's pretty awesome. It just sucks that others are putting down the fact that those boys are getting rings because of their own jealously. It took a lot of hard work for them to get as far as they did, and I totally congratulate them for it. Either way, both teams won. Some won the title, others won the pride.

And in the end, what matters is everyone goes home happy. Except of course...the other teams who didn't make it to the final. But there's always next year.

:D

District303aPastPlayer
03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by I Love Pinetown
i didn't know they got a ring either--but it's pretty awesome. It just sucks that others are putting down the fact that those boys are getting rings because of their own jealously. It took a lot of hard work for them to get as far as they did, and I totally congratulate them for it. Either way, both teams won. Some won the title, others won the pride.

And in the end, what matters is everyone goes home happy. Except of course...the other teams who didn't make it to the final. But there's always next year.

:D

what matters is the term STATE CHAMPIONS. nothing else.

I Love Pinetown
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
what matters is the term STATE CHAMPIONS. nothing else.

what matters is they made it there. despite getting a ring or not.

and for beating the number 1 team in 3A football...says more than even making it to the actual end. No offense to Cuero...it's just amazing to see a team pull through--with all the doubts around them.

District303aPastPlayer
03-12-2006, 09:29 PM
what matters is they made it there. despite getting a ring or not.

and for beating the number 1 team in 3AAA football...says more than even making it to the actual end.

they beat the number one team in class 3a.... i couldnt tell you who was the #1 team in 3AAA... i dont know if they played that district...

I Love Pinetown
03-12-2006, 09:33 PM
haha I know that

GreenMonster
03-12-2006, 11:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/ILovePinetown/MVC-050S.jpg

it's so nice to look at that and think, "and others thought it couldn't be done."

despite it being the number "1" ring or not...they made it...

I'm proud of my boys.

*loves thread and people all around*

This just screams, "Yay! We're #2, We're #2!" I've always heard second place was kinda like kissing your sister.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 12:00 AM
I know when Greenwood made it the big dance but didn't come away with all the marbles, our boys had a chance to "buy" a ring like that.

Some did, some didn't!

I don't know if that was the case in Hutto or not. I just know that some of our boys declined to buy one, they felt if they didn't win it, then they didn't need to buy one.

MARLINDOGS
03-13-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know when Greenwood made it the big dance but didn't come away with all the marbles, our boys had a chance to "buy" a ring like that.

Some did, some didn't!

I don't know if that was the case in Hutto or not. I just know that some of our boys declined to buy one, they felt if they didn't win it, then they didn't need to buy one. Yeah same here.Some boys bought them and alot of them did not.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-13-2006, 12:23 AM
This just screams, "Yay! We're #2, We're #2!" I've always heard second place was kinda like kissing your sister.

Actually, its a tie.

"A tie is like kissing your sister"-- Bear Bryant

STANG RED
03-13-2006, 12:28 AM
Why in the hell would anybody buy a 2nd place trophy?
I guess since Sweetwater lost to Tatum in the semis, our boys could go out and buy a 3rd place ring. HA HA HA, give me a break! Why would anybody want to do that?

MARLINDOGS
03-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Why in the hell would anybody buy a 2nd place trophy?
I guess since Sweetwater lost to Tatum in the semis, our boys could go out and buy a 3rd place ring. HA HA HA, give me a break! Why would anybody want to do that? Yeah!To me only the Champion should get one.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I didn't mean to put down Hutto by making that observation.

But IMO, if you have to pay money for your own ring, it's takes away from the whole concept!!

mrescape43
03-13-2006, 12:52 AM
I didn't mean to put down Hutto by making that observation.

But IMO, if you have to pay money for your own ring, it's takes away from the whole concept!!

RM, your avatars get better every day! This one is terrific.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
RM, your avatars get better every day! This one is terrific.

LOL!! Thanks!!

I stole that one off of someone's myspace site!!

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 12:54 AM

"2nd place is just the first loser."

Dale Earnhardt

I Love Pinetown
03-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Actually, its a tie.

"A tie is like kissing your sister"-- Bear Bryant

well those like greenmonster i hope dont live up to that quote. I mean...we all know the saying they say about texas.

only two things...and yadda yadda

but it's a pretty ring nonetheless. Still doesn't enhance or change the fact that Hutto made it.

That's always the plus.

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:18 AM
well those like greenmonster i hope dont live up to that quote. I mean...we all know the saying they say about texas.

but it's a pretty ring nonetheless. Still doesn't enhance or change the fact that Hutto made it.

That's always the plus.

still didnt seal the deal

Old Tiger
03-13-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
didnt know 2nd place got a ring ... Forney has 2 for the thumbs and Burnet has a pair

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 01:21 AM

That's always the plus.

Hutto made what? 2nd place? They bought their own rings? I must be missing something here.

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:21 AM
all it is is a glorified participation ribbon

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Yeah same here.Some boys bought them and alot of them did not.
Apparently pride isnt a big issue in Hutto. Cant live on almost. Get it done then buy a ring. Second place rings is like picking the fat kid at recess first this time for kick ball. No one remembers who finished second except the team that did. WHile the accomplishment was great no team sets out at the beginning of the season to finish second so why the hell would you want a ring for it?

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Apparently pride isnt a big issue in Hutto. Cant live on almost. Get it done then buy a ring. Second place rings is like picking the fat kid at recess first this time for kick ball. No one remembers who finished second except the team that did. WHile the accomplishment was great no team sets out at the beginning of the season to finish second so why the hell would you want a ring for it?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 01:31 AM
I just joined your pick em league. So when you finish second to me ill get you a ring dog.

:p

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 01:32 AM
I just joined your pick em league. So when you finish second to me ill get you a ring dog.

:p

thanks dude... i mean, i can change my location to Forney then :) 2nd best of all time!

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 01:43 AM
man good thing those forney guys are up a class now or they would be all over this. Would make for great reading however.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Okay...my final take on this (and I must once again refer back to Greenwood in 2002, as that's the only "knowledge" I have).

We played Bandera for the State Championship in a game that went into double overtime......but we didn't pull it off in the end.

IMO, Bandera DESERVED their State Championship rings, we didn't!!

injuredinmelee
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
that was one heck of a game

STANG RED
03-13-2006, 10:27 AM
that was one heck of a game

It certainly was! I got to see the one the week before against Dangerfield. It was a great game also. The Greenwood D, shut down a high powered Dangerfield offence.

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 10:53 AM
It certainly was! I got to see the one the week before against Dangerfield. It was a great game also. The Greenwood D, shut down a high powered Dangerfield offence.

:( I'm getting sad now!!

That was a good game too...the ending was particularly exciting!!!!:D

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Cuero wears all 7 of their 'Finalists' rings with pride... The other 3 bees Championship 'ns...

Who gives a rats ass... You make it to the big show (They call it the Texas Bowl for crying out loud)... if they say you can buy a State Finalists ring, buy the ring, you got there...

Hutto was underdogged every week of the playoffs, they were proud to get to state...

Teams don't start the season saying "Let's get to district"... They say "Let's get to State"... of course you want to win it, but sometimes there is a better team there...

Just GETTING to State is a huge thing... when teams win their regional or whatever game to advance to the semi's, you don't see them going crazy and pouring Ice on the coach... But when they advance to state they go crazy, it's a weight off of teams' shoulders just getting there...

Jealousy is envy, this boy has a State Finalists ring, none of you do...

Wear it with pride, Hutto...

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Jealousy is envy, this boy has a State Finalists ring, none of you do...

Actually, dunno if any of you do or not...

But anyway, the guys were proud to get to State... kinda like getting to this year's Rose-Bowl...

What's wrong with a "Finalists" ring besides an obvious disagreement with this poster?

If it means something to you, get it... had plenty of friends not get their class rings because they had finalist ones... they'd say "A Championship ring would be better, but this is better than a class ring"

different strokes for different folks, I guess...

I'm still right, though!!! :D

Bullaholic
03-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Actually, dunno if any of you do or not...

But anyway, the guys were proud to get to State... kinda like getting to this year's Rose-Bowl...

What's wrong with a "Finalists" ring besides an obvious disagreement with this poster?

If it means something to you, get it... had plenty of friends not get their class rings because they had finalist ones... they'd say "A Championship ring would be better, but this is better than a class ring"

different strokes for different folks, I guess...

I'm still right, though!!! :D

Gobbla......You calling yourself out? :D

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
I have a question.....do the winners of the State Championship buy their rings??

If not, who provides them ?

I have never know that answer!

LH Panther Mom
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
I have a question.....do the winners of the State Championship buy their rings??

If not, who provides them ?

I have never know that answer!
It's my understanding that they do, but I could be wrong. (There's a first time for everything. ;) )

44INAROW
03-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately, the only experiences I have had with "the rings" were for "finalist" and it required writing checks :D in 1993 and 2004 - but I think whether it is a "finalist" or "championship" ring, the player/parent has to buy it

hutex04
03-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Hutto got the rings cause two refs in the championship game got fired. State law prohibits a rematch this late after the contest. so we got to get rings instead. end of story

DaHop72
03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
Hutto got the rings cause two refs in the championship game got fired. State law prohibits a rematch this late after the contest. so we got to get rings instead. end of story :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Gobbla......You calling yourself out? :D

Went to state my sophmore year... aint callin' myself out :D

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:44 PM
i think sweetwater deserves a ring too, i mean, hell we DID lose to the STATE CHAMPS...how do u know we werent second????
**this post was in all sarcasm....please do not take it seriously

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
oh..and by the way, if i ever saw a guy wearing a ring that looked like it belonged on the finger of a state champ, and he said "well, we lost to the state champs in the state game, but we got the ring for makin it" i would LAUGH in his face, thats just stupid in my opinon, i wouldnt feel proud wearing it, i'd be so pissed for not getting THE RING, but i guess if it makes Hutto feel better about themselves, let them wear it

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i think sweetwater deserves a ring too, i mean, hell we DID lose to the STATE CHAMPS...how do u know we werent second????

Then get State Semi-Finalist rings :p

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Then get State Semi-Finalist rings :p

but how do u know that we werent second...sure we lot to Tatum before Hutto did, that doesnt automatically make hutto a better team....:thinking:

ill just go by me a golf state championship ring and lie to everybody saying i won state :D

(ive played golf like 3 times in my life haha)

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
oh..and by the way, if i ever saw a guy wearing a ring that looked like it belonged on the finger of a state champ, and he said "well, we lost to the state champs in the state game, but we got the ring for makin it" i would LAUGH in his face

This is where the wicked twist comes in...

A person who has never been there in the first place has no right degrading the one who HAS for non-verbally representing his side's success...

Get there, then you have the right to have your opinion actually matter...

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:49 PM
but how do u know that we werent second...

No one here is saying Sweetwater wasn't second, hell, Cuero could be second for that matter...

But what Sweetwater and Cuero WEREN'T were State Finalists, which is what Hutto and Gainesville are and that's that...

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM

A person who has never been there in the first place has no right degrading the one who HAS for non-verbally representing his side's success...

i can have an opinion about it whether ive been there or not, thats why its an OPINION

c'mon, its one thing to be proud to make it to the state game, but to GET RINGS...thats ridiculous

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 07:51 PM

So since my team was actually there one time...my opinion actually matters???:p

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
No one here is saying Sweetwater wasn't second, hell, Cuero could be second for that matter...

But what Sweetwater and Cuero WEREN'T were State Finalists, which is what Hutto and Gainesville are and that's that...
ur gettin serious again....GOOOS-FRABBA simmer down now!!:D

mustang04
03-13-2006, 07:54 PM
So since my team was actually there one time...my opinion actually matters???:p
u know what..sweetwater has been there too!!! so i DO have some-say in this!!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!:D

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
i can have an opinion about it whether ive been there or not, thats why its an OPINION

c'mon, its one thing to be proud to make it to the state game, but to GET RINGS...thats ridiculous

Hell, never said you could have an opinion, just said it didn't ACTUALLY matter :p... though it does provoke thought, which is a good thing...

I'm not that serious, I just have fun here...

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
u know what..sweetwater has been there too!!! so i DO have some-say in this!!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!:D

NOOO, weren't on the team... :p

Ranger Mom
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Hell, never said you could have an opinion, just said it didn't ACTUALLY matter :p... though it does provoke thought, which is a good thing...

I'm not that serious, I just have fun here...

Well darn...build us up and then knock us down, why don't ya!!:eek:

Gobbla2001
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
Well darn...build us up and then knock us down, why don't ya!!:eek:

I'm here for that, too!!! :eek: :D

DaHop72
03-13-2006, 09:08 PM

ill just go by me a golf state championship ring and lie to everybody saying i won state :D

(ive played golf like 3 times in my life haha) :mad: :mad:

MARLINDOGS
03-13-2006, 09:19 PM
It certainly was! I got to see the one the week before against Dangerfield. It was a great game also. The Greenwood D, shut down a high powered Dangerfield offence. Now I am sick.:(

kepdawg
03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
I always liked the story of the 1993 Lewisville High School State Championship team. The freshman were given the opportunity to purchase rings, but declined stating they wanted to earn their own. Well, in 1996 as seniors they got their rings!

Seems kind of odd to me for someone other than the champion to get a ring.

slpybear the bullfan
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Ditto here. Why wouldn't you just get more patches for the letterman's jacket?

If you aren't the champ, why get a ring? Why have something that always would need an explanation?

Sounds like people just wanting to take advantage of HS kids and make a buck by selling them rings.

And YES. Its my opinion.

smustangs
03-14-2006, 12:20 AM
i agree no ring needed its great you got to the game and congrats on it but if u dont take care of business during the game the hardware u get dosent matter i believe if u dont win it u dont deserve one it kinda takes away from THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RING just my opinion though

RMAC
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
My freshmen year at Wylie we lost state to Vernon after kicking the crap out of them the week before at region. Then, of course, they win 3 years in a row. But that's a different story for a different day. Would I want a ring? Hell no. I mean, you bet I'm proud of making it to the finals, but I would NOT, and I mean NOT want to put a ring on my finger and see it every day and think of what could have been. I guess it's all just a matter of how a person feels about the ring. Me personally though, I wouldn't want to wear a ring that reminded me that I made the finals but just couldn't get it done. Just my 2 cents though.

fbmom
03-16-2006, 03:10 PM
ok, well i usually don't get involved in posts like this, because basically I believe "each to their own". BUT, in this instance, and yes i am from Hutto,......you guys have NO IDEA exactly what these guys went through this year....and it is AMAZING that some of them could even continue to play at the caliber they did and to even get to this game.....so i was actually proud to write my check for the ring.

Bullaholic
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
I don't have strong feeling either way on this one. The significance of the rings is not what they symbolize to anyone out of Hutto, but what they represent and mean to to the people of Hutto who gave them to the players as a token of their appreciation.

Gobbla2001
03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Sounds like people just wanting to take advantage of HS kids and make a buck by selling them rings.

They live on their own now?

Exactly, no...

If something means so much to you, and it doesn't involve killing or hurting anyone, why not get something to represent your pride in a task (in this case making the Texas Bowl) that you and your closest friends accomplished???

If you want a "Hey, we went 1-9" ring, GET it if you're proud of going 1-9...

I wouldn't skydive, but I aint callin' out the people who do...

Do what makes you happy as long as no harm is done to anyone...

Yes, this is my opinion, and yes it makes more sense than your's

;) ;)

slpybear the bullfan
03-17-2006, 12:38 AM
They live on their own now?

Exactly, no...

If something means so much to you, and it doesn't involve killing or hurting anyone, why not get something to represent your pride in a task (in this case making the Texas Bowl) that you and your closest friends accomplished???

If you want a "Hey, we went 1-9" ring, GET it if you're proud of going 1-9...

I wouldn't skydive, but I aint callin' out the people who do...

Do what makes you happy as long as no harm is done to anyone...

Yes, this is my opinion, and yes it makes more sense than your's

;) ;)

All fine and good, Gobbla. Now chill out... and let people disagree if they choose to. :)

PS - Please pray that TO goes to Denver. Please!

Maroon87
03-17-2006, 01:36 AM
If our kids got a 4A runner up ring, I hope they'd put it in a safe deposit box. That's what I'd do. I wouldn't wear it. It would be too awkward, IMO....:)