PDA

View Full Version : aTm get into the dance...

BreckTxLonghorn
03-12-2006, 06:12 PM
...and plays a hot Syracuse in the first game. I'm glad they got in, but this is not the team I'd want to face first round.

Oh, and Texas is the no.2 seed in the same region. How crazy would a FOURTH meeting be?

Bull Butter
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats to the Ags! It's been a long time! The 'cuse is probably THE hottest team heading into the tournament but each year there is a 12-5 upset and who knows? Maybe this is the one.

Adidas410s
03-12-2006, 07:00 PM
kinda sucks that they have to play Syracuse. Also shocked that they got a 12 seed. With their late surge and another solid game against Texas I figured they would get an 11 seed.

injuredinmelee
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
an 11 seed I love your sarcasm Adi.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Adidas410s
03-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

here...I will give you 4 at-large teams that I feel that A&M is equal to if not better than RIGHT NOW. All these teams are seeded above 12.

Seton Hall...10 seed (18-11, 9-7 conference)...RPI 58 SOS 36
Alabama...10 seed (17-12,10-6 conference)...RPI 56 SOS 21
NC State...10 seed (21-9, 10-6 conference)...RPI 51 SOS 64
Wisconsin...9 seed (19-11, 9-7 conference)...RPI 23 SOS 8

Seton Hall...lost 4 of their last 6 games. Lost at home to #102 RPI Northwestern. Good road wins against NC State and Syracuse in January. 4-5 in conference games AT HOME.

Alabama...lost 4 of their last 7 games. Do have wins at home vs Tennessee and Florida but do not have any good road wins.

NC State...lost their last 4 games coming into the tourney including back-to-back losses to #85 RPI Wake Forest, the last place team in the ACC.

Wisconsin...lost 4 of their last 5 and 9 of their last 14 games. They have 0 "good wins" on the road and/or neutral court. They lost at home to #223 RPI North Dakota State.

Now here is a quick snapshot on TAMU....

Texas A&M (21-8, 10-6 conference)...8-2 in last 10 games with 10 losses coming against Texas. Beat Texas at home during that stretch. Won 5 of their last 7 road games. 7 of their 8 losses are against NCAA Tournament bound teams. "Worst Loss" @ #110 RPI Kansas St...who was 15-13 on the season and 11-4 at the time of this game.

I'm glad to see so many of the mid-major teams getting in the tourney and I won't try and put them up against A&M. I considered throwing in Northern Iowa and/or Southern Illinois into the mix instead of NC State but chose not to. Also, the fact that Wisconsin is a #9 seed is a freakin' joke. They did absoutely nothing in the last 2 months to deserve a single digit seed. I was also surprised to see Tennessee get a #2 seed with the way that finished their season.

Bulldog_12
03-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Good analysis Adidas. I totally agree, but then again I drink a ton of Maroon colored Kool-aid. I hate it that we have a first round match with the 'cuse, but I think that we can beat them. They are very suspect when they are put up against a good high-low post. Jones, Kavialauskas, and Pompey are all very good at passing off the ball and I think can take advantage here. The trick is keeping Macnamera from shooting. That zone is liable to give us fits though if we arent careful.

eagles_victory
03-12-2006, 09:34 PM
A&M is a 12 bc there best non conference win is agaisnt Northwestern Eastern Kentucky Tech. Non conference was a major factor in the decision The Ags could of played people but they didnt and were punished for it.

Adidas410s
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

oh and Jim Boeheim was just on Fox Sports saying that "there are at least 4 or 5 teams that I would take out of the tourney before I would take out Texas A&M with the way they are playing right now.

DaHop72
03-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
kinda sucks that they have to play Syracuse. Also shocked that they got a 12 seed. With their late surge and another solid game against Texas I figured they would get an 11 seed. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GreenMonster
03-12-2006, 11:47 PM
here...I will give you 4 at-large teams that I feel that A&M is equal to if not better than RIGHT NOW. All these teams are seeded above 12.

Seton Hall...10 seed (18-11, 9-7 conference)...RPI 58 SOS 36
Alabama...10 seed (17-12,10-6 conference)...RPI 56 SOS 21
NC State...10 seed (21-9, 10-6 conference)...RPI 51 SOS 64
Wisconsin...9 seed (19-11, 9-7 conference)...RPI 23 SOS 8

Seton Hall...lost 4 of their last 6 games. Lost at home to #102 RPI Northwestern. Good road wins against NC State and Syracuse in January. 4-5 in conference games AT HOME.

Alabama...lost 4 of their last 7 games. Do have wins at home vs Tennessee and Florida but do not have any good road wins.

NC State...lost their last 4 games coming into the tourney including back-to-back losses to #85 RPI Wake Forest, the last place team in the ACC.

Wisconsin...lost 4 of their last 5 and 9 of their last 14 games. They have 0 "good wins" on the road and/or neutral court. They lost at home to #223 RPI North Dakota State.

Now here is a quick snapshot on TAMU....

Texas A&M (21-8, 10-6 conference)...8-2 in last 10 games with 10 losses coming against Texas. Beat Texas at home during that stretch. Won 5 of their last 7 road games. 7 of their 8 losses are against NCAA Tournament bound teams. "Worst Loss" @ #110 RPI Kansas St...who was 15-13 on the season and 11-4 at the time of this game.

I'm glad to see so many of the mid-major teams getting in the tourney and I won't try and put them up against A&M. I considered throwing in Northern Iowa and/or Southern Illinois into the mix instead of NC State but chose not to. Also, the fact that Wisconsin is a #9 seed is a freakin' joke. They did absoutely nothing in the last 2 months to deserve a single digit seed. I was also surprised to see Tennessee get a #2 seed with the way that finished their season.

Just a quick point here, in '85 when Villanova "Shocked the World" and beat Pat Ewing's "Unbeatable" G-town Hoyas for the title they snuck in the backdoor to the tourney playing poorly down the stretch and getting drilled by Pitt (a sub .500 team) in their last regular season game. You can't necessarily predict what will happen in the Big Dance by how a team finishes.

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Just a quick point here, in '85 when Villanova "Shocked the World" and beat Pat Ewing's "Unbeatable" G-town Hoyas for the title they snuck in the backdoor to the tourney playing poorly down the stretch and getting drilled by Pitt (a sub .500 team) in their last regular season game. You can't necessarily predict what will happen in the Big Dance by how a team finishes.

I'm not saying one or more of these teams won't do well. I'm saying that I think the committee errored in seeding A&M a 12 when a VERY good case can be made for them being at least an 11 if not a 10 seed...ahead of or at least equal to some of the other teams that I mentioned.

big daddy russ
03-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I'm not saying one or more of these teams won't do well. I'm saying that I think the committee errored in seeding A&M a 12 when a VERY good case can be made for them being at least an 11 if not a 10 seed...ahead of or at least equal to some of the other teams that I mentioned.
Either way, it makes for an interesting first round matchup. How many straight years has a 12 beaten a five now? What is it, 10... 15???

Bull Butter
03-13-2006, 12:56 AM
When you haven't been in the dance for 19 years, who cares where you're seeded?

Macarthur
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
It's true that Syracuse had a good run in the tourney, but if memory serves me, they were not playing well entering the tourney. And if McNamara doesn't hit the running 3 in the first game of the touney, they might be a team that is left out of the bracket all together. I think A&M can win this one.

lostaussie
03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
When you haven't been in the dance for 19 years, who cares where you're seeded? that's what i'm talking about. at this point just happy to be dancing. i think this is a winnable game for the ags.

kepdawg
03-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Aggies over the Orange!

CHS_CG
03-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Of Course I am pulling for the aggies!!!!!! I think if they stay focused enough on THIS GAME and not future games they will be fine... they have the talent they just gotta put it to good use!!!!

BTHO Syracuse!!!

WHOOP

^^^
Just for you lil buddy!

District303aPastPlayer
03-13-2006, 10:27 PM
one and done :)