PDA

View Full Version : Edgerrin James signs with Arizona

Maroon87
03-12-2006, 03:44 PM
James leaving Colts for Cards

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Arizona Cardinals now have more Edge to them.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Cardinals have agreed to terms with Pro Bowl running back Edgerrin James on a four-year deal worth $30 million. The deal will pay James $14.5 million in the first year through salary, signing bonus and roster bonus.
James, who visited the Phoenix area with agent Drew Rosenhaus on Saturday, is the latest big-name running back over the last couple of days to bang out a lucrative deal. Earlier this off-season, Shaun Alexander (Seattle), Ahman Green (Green Bay) and DeShaun Foster (Carolina) all re-signed with their respective teams. Ravens RB Jamal Lewis remains the last big-name free agent running back on the open market.

Arizona was the first and only place he visited on a short-lived free agent tour as James probably knew that the market for running backs was soon to dry up.

James has five seasons in which he rushed for more than 1,200 yards and four seasons with more than 1,500 yards on the ground, including a career-high 1,709 in his second pro season. He's also usually good for 50 to 60 catches out of the backfield during a season. James joins DT Kendrick Clancy and lineman Milford Brown as free-agent acquisitions for Denny Green.

sinton66
03-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Poor EJ, Arizona is a death camp.

Eagle6Man
03-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Yes, but money cures alot of ills.

Phil C
03-13-2006, 09:45 AM
He will never get to the super bowl. I am sure he will be crying all the way to the bank. :)

STANG RED
03-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Arizona Cardinals = Where once great running backs go to die.

Why not take less money, and play for a winner?
When your talking about that many millions, does a couple million really make that much difference?

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Arizona Cardinals = Where once great running backs go to die.

Why not take less money, and play for a winner?
When your talking about that many millions, does a couple million really make that much difference?

You are asking a pro athlete to take less money????

:D :D :D

STANG RED
03-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
You are asking a pro athlete to take less money????

:D :D :D

I know, that was really stupid of me wasnt it?
Please forget I said anything. :D