PDA

View Full Version : Sirius vs XM Satellite Radio

ILS1
03-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Pros and cons on each one!!! Had XM on my last truck and just LOVED it!!! My new Tahoe DOESN'T have it!!! It's only offered in the Out Of My Price Range Model!!! So I'm considering my options on each one of the these. Sirius has AWESOME sports programming!! Don't care too much for Howard Stern tho!!! Opinions??

:D

olddawggreen
03-12-2006, 10:34 AM
My wife has XM and I have Sirius. She likes XM best (she doesn't know any better:rolleyes: ) I would take Sirus ahead of XM any day, and Ive had them both.:)

ILS1
03-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks ODG!! I'm starting to lean towards Sirius myself!!! Plus,Sirius covers all the Big XII Sports!!

Adidas410s
03-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Plus,Sirius covers all the Big XII Sports!!

That's the only real plus that I have found for Sirius. I carried it for about a year in my old car but since switched to XM and have had it for a little over 2 years now and absolutely love it. First off...it's cheaper. Second...the additional lines are cheaper. Third...they have a great variety of national sports and talk radio to go along with every baseball game on the planet...which is nice for the 1-2 hr drives every day. Thanks to XM I can finally listen to my Red Sox every day while living in Texas.

TexasHSFootball
03-12-2006, 11:14 AM
A lot is basically what you are looking for...

Sirius
NFL and NBA
Big 10, Big 12, Ivy League, Pac 10, SEC
English Soccer
ESPN Radio
ESPN Deportes
Sports Byline

XM
MLB and NHL
ACC, Big East, Big 10, Pac 10
PGA Tour
ESPN Radio
ESPNEWS
Fox Sports Radio
Sporting News Radio
World Cup Soccer
IndyCar Series

Thats just the sports part of the deal..

PPHSfan
03-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I chose Sirius and I am glad.

CenTexSports
03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
My wife has Sirius and it is OK. But I love baseball and if I was on the road much (it's a three minute drive to work) I would pick XM for their baseball broadcasts.

slpybear the bullfan
03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
XM, XM, XM... Sirius will be bankrupt in 18 mos or less... (and probably sold to XM before then.)

Just my opinion... :)

Eagle6Man
03-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
XM, XM, XM... Sirius will be bankrupt in 18 mos or less... (and probably sold to XM before then.)

That sounds Sirius.:D

olddawggreen
03-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Over all, its kind of like asking people, doe you like Ford or Chevrolet best. They both have their positives. :)

olddawggreen
03-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That's the only real plus that I have found for Sirius. I carried it for about a year in my old car but since switched to XM and have had it for a little over 2 years now and absolutely love it. First off...it's cheaper. Second...the additional lines are cheaper. Third...they have a great variety of national sports and talk radio to go along with every baseball game on the planet...which is nice for the 1-2 hr drives every day. Thanks to XM I can finally listen to my Red Sox every day while living in Texas.

XM is cheaper because they have so many commercials during their programing, thats one of the main reasons I like sirius radio, no commercials.

:p

Old Green
03-13-2006, 10:39 AM
I Have XM in both vehicles and on My Harley.
Only drawback I have with XM are the short commercials. Other than that I likw XM . Especially the comedy channel 150:devil: :D

olddawggreen
03-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Which ever way you go, satellite radio is the neatest thing since radio was invented. I never thought I would ever pay to listen to the radio, now I can't imagine living with out satellite radio. I spend a lot of time driving, one of the biggest advantages is that you don't have to constantly change channels as you move out of a signal area. You can listen to the same channel where ever you go if you want to. :)

ILS1
03-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
I never thought I would ever pay to listen to the radio, now I can't imagine living with out satellite radio.

I totally agree. My friends that don't have satellite radio tell me I'm crazy to pay for radio. I told them once you get it that they will be hooked as well. BTW,I'm getting my Sirius radio installed this afternoon!!!

DaHop72
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
But I love baseball and if I was on the road much (it's a three minute drive to work) I would pick XM for their baseball broadcasts. That's why I love my XM, baseball season coming up. I drive an hour to work and back. I listen to Mike and Mike in the morning, a great way to start the day. Then do the oldies on the drive home.:D

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
That's why I love my XM, baseball season coming up. I drive an hour to work and back. I listen to Mike and Mike in the morning, a great way to start the day. Then do the oldies on the drive home.:D

I'm not a big M&M fan. I wish that Colin Cowherd came on earlier because I really enjoy his stuff. That and Eric K is a great listen during the afternoon. I'm not really looking forward to having M&M taking up my hour commute every morning...so maybe I will see what is on Sporting News Radio on 143. I loved listening to their stuff when they were carried in Abilene. Plus they only have 20 minutes of commercials per hour as opposed to ESPN's 25-30 minutes of commercials.

Old Green
03-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Which ever way you go, satellite radio is the neatest thing since radio was invented. I never thought I would ever pay to listen to the radio, now I can't imagine living with out satellite radio. I spend a lot of time driving, one of the biggest advantages is that you don't have to constantly change channels as you move out of a signal area. You can listen to the same channel where ever you go if you want to. :) I drive as long as 6 hours to a job site and not having to find another channel to listen is definitely the best part of satellite radio.

DaHop72
03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
I wish that Colin Cowherd came on earlier because I really enjoy his stuff. That and Eric K is a great listen during the afternoon. I guess we can agree to disagree. I change over when The Herd comes on, Colin is way too overbearing for my taste. I listen to Eric K. as well.

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I guess we can agree to disagree. I change over when The Herd comes on, Colin is way too overbearing for my taste. I listen to Eric K. as well.

I guess to tell you WHY I don't like M&M. I don't find their show insightful. They don't ever get me thinking about the topic and considering a new viewpoint. That is what I like with Colin and Eric. Whether I agree with them or not...they present their views in a persuasive manner AND provide information to back up their claims and at least provide us with something to think about. With M&M...Greenie pretty much just reads/tells the stories and Golic will add in a few thoughts about the person/sport being talked about. It's not original material...I can read articles to get the same stuff. To be honest, I have found myself dozing off in the mornings while driving if I listen to them for more than 20 minutes or so...

TexasHSFootball
03-13-2006, 02:51 PM
I guess to tell you WHY I don't like M&M. I don't find their show insightful. They don't ever get me thinking about the topic and considering a new viewpoint. That is what I like with Colin and Eric. Whether I agree with them or not...they present their views in a persuasive manner AND provide information to back up their claims and at least provide us with something to think about. With M&M...Greenie pretty much just reads/tells the stories and Golic will add in a few thoughts about the person/sport being talked about. It's not original material...I can read articles to get the same stuff. To be honest, I have found myself dozing off in the mornings while driving if I listen to them for more than 20 minutes or so...

Why listen to that when you have Baseball This Morning on XM 175. :p

44INAROW
03-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

is that the same show that would be on XM on my Direct TV?

TexasHSFootball
03-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
is that the same show that would be on XM on my Direct TV?

yep!

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Does that have Rob Dibble??? He is right up there with Mike Schmidt in terms of excitement imo.

Cameron Crazy
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Dad has XM and loves it just for the nascar..

SWMustang
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Dad has XM and loves it just for the nascar..

Nascar is going to Sirius next year. I have Sirius and my wife has XM. We both like the music programming better on Sirius. Opie and Anthony on XM is a better morning drive show than Howard Stern. Sports programming may be a little better on XM. I like the music so I'm happy with Sirius.

Eagle6Man
03-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Nascar is going to Sirius next year. I have Sirius and my wife has XM. We both like the music programming better on Sirius. Opie and Anthony on XM is a better morning drive show than Howard Stern. Sports programming may be a little better on XM. I like the music so I'm happy with Sirius.

http://i.cnn.net/nascar/drivers/tps/mb2/images/team_image_01.gif

SWEET!!

Adidas410s
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

yet ANOTHER reason that I plan to keep my XM. I am hedging myself a bit because the Big 12 and NFL are on Sirius and are two stations I really wish I had during football season. However...XM has been good to me so I'm gonna stick with it...