PDA

View Full Version : 7-3A VS 8-3A

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Next weeks games....

Division I

Lake Dallas VS Everman- I expect Everman to win. If tonight was Lake Dallas' best effort they will not last long. It is possible that their head coach sold them on the Idea that Decatur was overated and they did not do their best. Even so, Everman hands down.

Division II

Decatur VS Venus- If the same Eagle team that played tonight shows up, I look for a Decatur win. If not...could go either way

Sanger VS Kennedale- I expect a Kennedale victory. However Sanger seems to be playing the best ball they have played all season. If Kennedale did not learn a lesson from Glen Rose, Sanger could pull off the upset. I suspect that Kennedales annual meltdown has already occured and they look to me to be the Favorite to win the Region 1 Division II crown.

Stu Pidass
11-08-2003, 09:50 AM
As I have looked at your recent posts it seems that you have real heartburn over the FACT the Kennedale has an outstanding football program. Games are played to settle the issues that are continually put forth in this forum. If Kennedale has a "Meltdown" (and this week I don't think it will happen) what will be your point? It still comes down to who is the better most prepared team on the field during the game. The resentment in your statements, makes me think that you think the Kennedale is the class of the Northern part of Texas, and if thats the resentment move to Kennedale and watch how it is done.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2003, 09:55 AM
Well, your name being a little "questionable" might also be an indication, but I suggest you reread what the Chief said, specifically: "I suspect that Kennedales annual meltdown has already occured".

vet93
11-08-2003, 10:10 AM
The chiefs reference about meltdown is based in facts over the past few years. He went on to pay Kennedale a huge compliment by giving them the nod as the Region I favorite. I don't see what you could find objectionable about his statements.

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 12:27 PM
Stu Pidass:
As I have looked at your recent posts it seems that you have real heartburn over the FACT the Kennedale has an outstanding football program. Games are played to settle the issues that are continually put forth in this forum. If Kennedale has a "Meltdown" (and this week I don't think it will happen) what will be your point? It still comes down to who is the better most prepared team on the field during the game. The resentment in your statements, makes me think that you think the Kennedale is the class of the Northern part of Texas, and if thats the resentment move to Kennedale and watch how it is done.1. Don't have any heartburn about Kennedale...they do have a good team. Does not affect my paycheck one way or the other, therefore not that important in my life.
2.No game is ever played to settle anything ever posted here. Things that are posted here are because the games are already scheduled. I don't think the UIL looks here and says "oh gee, look what someone wrote. We will have to make them play one another"
3. The meltdown is well doccumented and probably caused by the same pride you are demonstrating now. It caused your team to overlook opponents.....Bridgeport in 2001, Ballinger last year, Glen Rose this year. It probably had nothing to do with your teams talent, just the preparation.
4.No resentment here...just stating facts. I am ugly but that does not mean I am being hateful when I say so...just honest. Kennedale is probably NOT he class of Northern Texas, they talk too much trash and are not willing to be objective. Everman with back to back titles are the class of this area.
5. Love it in Decatur...one of the top 5 education areas in the State. I have worked for years in the highest crime area in the State (part of Ft Worth, not the entire city). Out here you can leave your house unlocked without many worries. When you look up the sky is blue, not brown. I Think I might stay here for a while.

slpybear the bullfan
11-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Stu Pidass... Your name fits.

Sheesh... reread his post.

Defense_Wins_Games
11-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I think that everybody, at least the rational part of them, probably feels that Everman and Kennedale are going to win their respective games against Lake Dallas and Sanger....That's not to say that an upset couldn't happen, but I think that conventional wisdom would say that those two games are a pretty easy pick...What I want to know is what about the Decatur game...Who is Decatur playing? Is that team any good? Does whoever they are playing even deserve to be on the field with them? I would appreciate it if someone could give me some info on the team that they are playing and whether or not this game will even be worth going to watch...

Chief Woodman
11-08-2003, 06:00 PM
I for one do not know alot about Venus. But they did earn the right to be in the playoffs, and that makes them a respectable opponent. Decatur sure looked good Friday, but we wil have to see which Decatur team shows up for week 11. The team that stays focused for 4 quarters or the one that lets every game be close. I suspect that their focus level will be fine, so if Venus wins they will certainly earn it.

Problem Solver
11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Here we go again...Chief you are correct we didnt do very well last year in the playoffs, we were loaded with seniors who could play ball, that's why you never no who will win on any given day. The comment that continues to get my attention is that 2001 was a meltdown. Yes we lost the game to Bridgeport who at the time was very, very good, Philip Daugherty was the 3a coverboy the next year, yet you make it as if they were a horrible team, if they were so horrible then why were they in the 4th round of the playoffs. That offense under him was very explosive. As far as melt down Kennedale played well Bridgeport just won. You seem to forget that Kennedale hadnt been to the playoffs in 5 years up till then, and that it was the first year they were running a new system with new coaches. So quit saying that year was a meltdown it was a great year. It just seems that some people think that if you dont win state every year your team was underachievers and that's wrong. WIth that mindset if Everman doesnt win state this year but gets beat in the semifinals was that a meltdown too.

BrainDamage
11-10-2003, 10:17 AM
Venus isn't really expected to make it very far in the playoffs. They have been working very hard and scored their upset and cost Glen Rose their playoff chance. Glen Rose had a meltdown against venus and put the tigers in a tough spot (having to beat both Kennedale and Everman, or Venus had to lose 1 or 2 times in a row to make the playoffs). Thats like someone holding a gun to your head and telling you to pick the winning lottery #'s, because you cant depend on another team to lose to guarantee playoff chances. The last time Venus made the playoffs was in 1989. So they have done nicely to end that drought for themselves and can keep this trend going for themselves.

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: BrainDamage ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
The Stu Pidass makes reference to the best prepared team wins the game. That is almost as absurd as "who wants it more will win" that is always thrown out there. Bottom line in high school football or any football for that matter is a combination of things has to happen for a football team to win games. Preparation, quality of athletes, game plan, coaching adjustments during the game, conditioning, desire, field position, turnovers, injuries, and luck all play a part. Sometimes good teams just don't match up well against other less talented or less prepared teams. That is why we have upsets. Kennedale has had some good football teams the last several years that made the playoffs but fell short of winning the show. There are some playoff memories that those athletes wouldn't trade for anything.

I don't think that Sanger stands a chance though Chief.

Also I think Decatur beats Venus and if my Lions win then we can exchange information next week.

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

Chief Woodman
11-10-2003, 09:47 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
The Stu Pidass makes reference to the best prepared team wins the game. That is almost as absurd as "who wants it more will win" that is always thrown out there. Bottom line in high school football or any football for that matter is a combination of things has to happen for a football team to win games. Preparation, quality of athletes, game plan, coaching adjustments during the game, conditioning, desire, field position, turnovers, injuries, and luck all play a part. Sometimes good teams just don't match up well against other less talented or less prepared teams. That is why we have upsets. Kennedale has had some good football teams the last several years that made the playoffs but fell short of winning the show. There are some playoff memories that those athletes wouldn't trade for anything.

I don't think that Sanger stands a chance though Chief.

Also I think Decatur beats Venus and if my Lions win then we can exchange information next week.I am not counting any game as a victory until if and when the "W" is in the books. Good luck to the Lions this week.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Chief:

I may end up going to the Decatur - Venus game this Friday. My Lions play on Saturday so I will have Friday night free. I just hate to do that much driving so I don't know if I will go yet, but I'll post a message Friday morning if I do decide to go, I would like to meet up with you.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
ttt

Chief Woodman
11-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
Chief:

I may end up going to the Decatur - Venus game this Friday. My Lions play on Saturday so I will have Friday night free. I just hate to do that much driving so I don't know if I will go yet, but I'll post a message Friday morning if I do decide to go, I would like to meet up with you.Looks like sloppy weather tonight and a long drive. Since I didn't see a post from ya this AM I guess you will not make it. I'll PM you next week if we both win so we can exchange cell numbers. Good luck Saturday. GO EAGLES! WING RIGHT! WING RIGHT! Let # 75 lead the way......

Chief Woodman
11-15-2003, 01:08 AM
So far looks like I had this picked OK. Everman wins 56- 7, Decatur wins 48-12. Kennedale still my pick to win tommorow, but beware, this could be an upset if Sanger plays as well as they can and Kennedale comes in flat. Time will tell.