PDA

View Full Version : Snyder Track

oh well
03-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Snyder Track is running well. With over 54 boys competing at the meet held at ACU. Second in the JV division won 2 of the 3 relays. Finished 3 in varsity division. Great showing way to go guys

Chief Ohera
03-11-2006, 03:01 PM
none of it matters until the big meets, all of these meets are precurser meets until the bigger and better meets, so the meets that everyone is running in is trash meets that don't use proper timing methods and wind readings.
so until next time.
i will take notice when they run in bigger meets

shadow13
03-11-2006, 04:03 PM
I knew it was coming!

Adidas410s
03-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
none of it matters until the big meets, all of these meets are precurser meets until the bigger and better meets, so the meets that everyone is running in is trash meets that don't use proper timing methods and wind readings.
so until next time.

so Elmer Gray Stadium at ACU, site of the NCAA Div 2 outdoor track championships in recent years and an excellent track facility, doesn't have the necessary equipment? Please remove head from your "backside" and think before speaking...it's a novel concept but you can do it! :thumbsup:

Eagle6Man
03-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I knew it was coming!

I hear ya Shadow.....sheesh.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2006, 04:28 PM
so until next time.

Just curious...why must you always be so negative? You just ask to be "picked" on!

Oh well is proud of how well Snyder track did, what's wrong with that? I am sure the last thing they were thinking about was "impressing the Chief"!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The way I look at, and I claim to have NO knowledge of timing methods and/or wind readings. These kids raced...they all raced in the same wind and were all timed by the same method....someone won.

No where in that post did I read that "so and so ran this time".....so who gives a flying flip about all that.....he is proud of Snyder and that's that!!

GEEZ!!!!

44INAROW
03-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by shadow13
I knew it was coming!

lol I was going to say the same thing :D :cool:

by the way, have I missed it or has Chief finally said what team/town he supports?

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

by the way, have I missed it or has Chief finally said what team/town he supports?

oklahoma in general... everything texas is evil appearantly

Chief Ohera
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
i'm not being negative, i am just posting what is the truth, it really doesn't matter what anyone or any team runs this early in the season, there are about only three meets that matter throughout the entire season,
the texas relays,
the regional meets,
and of course the state meet.
so i take no notice on who runs what at this point in the season, it all means squash,
prove it when it counts
until next time

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2006, 05:34 PM
i'm not being negative, i am just posting what is the truth, it really doesn't matter what anyone or any team runs this early in the season, there are about only three meets that matter throughout the entire season,
the texas relays,
the regional meets,
so i take no notice on who runs what at this point in the season, it all means squash,
prove it when it counts
until next time

and how many state titles did you win in track?

44INAROW
03-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
oklahoma in general... everything texas is evil appearantly

LOL OK I see - I guess whatever floats his boat :)

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2006, 05:35 PM
LOL OK I see - I guess whatever floats his boat :)

ive warned him... he acts like that again, and consequences will follow

mrescape43
03-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Maybe the Chief should change location from H-town to
HUA-All the time!

HighSchool Fan
03-11-2006, 05:39 PM

come on 44, you know what chief supports

LH Panther Mom
03-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
ive warned him... he acts like that again, and consequences will follow
:rolleyes: :thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
03-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

:D :D

Adidas410s
03-11-2006, 05:53 PM

is somebody trying to step on your toes! :doh:

Eagle6Man
03-11-2006, 06:34 PM

Hey, I thought you were on vacation????

Just making too much money on here huh?:cool:

oh well
03-12-2006, 06:28 PM
The future sure looks good:clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
the texas relays,
the regional meets,
prove it when it counts
until next time

I'm pretty sure the District meet is pretty important. Last time I checked, there has never been a State or Regional runner who didn't place in the top 2 (or 3 for alternates) at their District meet.

And I ran track in HS, and while the preliminary meets didn't have a huge effect to the rest of the world, it did to me. It showed how I was progressing in my races, if I was getting faster, jumping further, and how well my body was preparing for race days. Plus, winning with better times than usual increase confidence going into the big meets.

Since you run track, surely you must acknowledge that these meets do have an effect? Or did you just run 3 meets a year?

oh well
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I'm pretty sure the District meet is pretty important. Last time I checked, there has never been a State or Regional runner who didn't place in the top 2 (or 3 for alternates) at their District meet.

And I ran track in HS, and while the preliminary meets didn't have a huge effect to the rest of the world, it did to me. It showed how I was progressing in my races, if I was getting faster, jumping further, and how well my body was preparing for race days. Plus, winning with better times than usual increase confidence going into the big meets.

Since you run track, surely you must acknowledge that these meets do have an effect? Or did you just run 3 meets a year?

great insight and I agree. Not many athletes can run just 3 meets a year

shadow13
03-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Since you run track, surely you must acknowledge that these meets do have an effect? Or did you just run 3 meets a year? you are so right, but he won't understand what you are talking about. Can't wait to see what he comes up with this time...:)