PDA

View Full Version : Thank you LaGrange Leopards

bohemian
12-22-2001, 11:04 AM
Well it's time to say good bye to the seniors of not only LaGrange but to all the young men who play football in this great state. I firmly believe that there is nothing--sports related that is--as great in this country as TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. These young men brought pride to their communties be it from the valley, west Texas, panhandle, north Texas, east Texas and central Texas. You guys deserve a curtain call! So good luck to whatever the future brings to all the young men who have played their last football game as a high school athlete.

Now the LaGrange Leopards. It's been six years that I have had the privilege to watch these guys transform from boys to young men. And they played like champions during this time. I very proud of these young men! The season didn't end the way that they and the rest of their fans wanted it to. They won the battle, but lost the war. I know that they hurt and I too feel their pain. They just got a glimpse of what life is all about, and I know they will learn from it and deal with it in their own way. As a parent you always want your child to be happy and have no pain, so when I look into my son's eyes I feel his pain the most. It's been fun and I wouldn't change a thing. So good bye you mighty Leps and take care. I have come to love you all like my own son. And I will miss those Friday nights come September, but you guys have given me a life time of memories.

Congratulations to all the senior players on a job well done, and the Commerce Tigers you're the champs.

[This message has been edited by Bohemian (edited December 22, 2001).]

toby070
12-22-2001, 02:24 PM
Wow, well said Bohemian...My kids aren't in high school yet, but I have spent so much time watching Wimberley that I feel like they are my adopted kids. My heart broke when Brent went into the endzone after LG knocked them out, I can't imagine how it feels to see your own kid going through that.

For what it's worth, Brent and Mikey were kind of recovered by Monday, when I talked to them. Once they had a chance to get over the hurying, they were able to stop and really appreciate just what they accomplished. I imagine that Josh and teamates will do the same, and probably very quickly.

Sounds like it was a great game. I listened to a lot of it on the 'net, and I really thought they were going to pull it out. Hats off to Commerce for those two big 4th and short stops...against that good LG line, those must have been incredible plays.

Bohemian, if you feel like talking about the game, I was surprised that Chase was pitching the ball so much. Sounded like it was very successful, but I heard they didn't do that much all year, they sure didn't against Wimberley. Just curious if they saw something on film, or what?

bohemian
12-22-2001, 04:46 PM
Toby070 it was a tough lost. It would have been better if Commerce would have dominated the game. Atleast then you would have known that the better team truly won. I can't recall ever watching a game where one team had only 4 first downs and won the game. Two plays on offense, that was all they had. But that was all they needed too. I don't want to take anything away from Commerce, and I don't want to sound bitter, but it's just hard to see a defense play so good and still lose a game like that. Toby070 do you have any sons? If you do, you can't imagine how great it's going to be to watch them play football. You are going to have a lump in your throat when they excel and win, and a tear in your eye when you see them sad after a tough lost. I truly hope that you will get as much pleasure as I have from watching my son play. It was great!

toby070
12-23-2001, 10:28 PM
Bohemian, only one of mine is old enough to play competitive sports, and I felt that lump when her team won the city volleyball league championship. I can only imagine the lump gets bigger as the chips get larger. I've got several years before football games w/kids, until then I'll have to keep on with my adpted kids