PDA

View Full Version : Athletes' Diets?

Chief Ohera
03-09-2006, 11:35 PM
how important does everyone think a healthy diet is in relation to an athletes energy expenditure?
i have diet/nutritional discussions everywhere i go and the same questions keep being asked to me over and over,

the three most common things that i hear from athletes concering nutrition.
1.) How much protein should i consume daily, should it be through supplementation or foods?
2.) Is creatine really that helpful when weight training?
3.) What is the best diet out there that i can take?

i am asking this question to see how many people actually diet and how important their kids' nutrition is to them.
thanks,
the chief

X21AAAPlayer
03-09-2006, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
how important does everyone think a healthy diet is in relation to an athletes energy expenditure?
i have diet/nutritional discussions everywhere i go and the same questions keep being asked to me over and over,

the three most common things that i hear from athletes concering nutrition.
1.) How much protein should i consume daily, should it be through supplementation or foods?
2.) Is creatine really that helpful when weight training?
3.) What is the best diet out there that i can take?

i am asking this question to see how many people actually diet and how important their kids' nutrition is to them.
thanks,
the chief
1.) Protein should equal 2 grams per pound of body weight daily.
2.)Creatine is helpful but if you take vitamins and amino acid supplements they can work just as well. Remember, amino acids are the building blocks of proteins.
3.) Best diet is Low fat, high protein and moderate carbohydrates. Cut the sweets and eat lean cuts of meat along with fruits and veggies.

micu98
03-12-2006, 08:27 AM
so, do you think a protein supplement will help in a runner who trying to hold his weight? He eats fairly well and is pretty lean.

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
how important their kids' nutrition is to them.
thanks,
the chief

why worry about nutrition when you can give them steroids :rolleyes:

micu98
03-12-2006, 08:41 AM
that is not even funny, asking a legit question and get a dumb*** answer!

HighSchool Fan
03-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by micu98
that is not even funny, asking a legit question and get a dumb*** answer!

keep up

loboes86
03-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Real good post Fan even joking about steroids is uncool.

Eagle6Man
03-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Actually, I think HS Fan asks a very legitimate question.

Doesn't the Chief support the use of steroids?
That said, wouldn't that then be part of one's diet? Why jump on someone for asking a question when the Chief already established he thought it was ok?

In 1992, former NFL defensive lineman Lyle Alzado died a very ugly and public death from brain cancer. He blamed the disease on his longtime steroid abuse. Alzado, who played for the Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, and L.A. Raiders during his career, was one of the NFL's premiere pass rushers and had embarked on a successful acting career before being diagnosed with the cancer. Before he passed away, Alzado admitted: "I started taking anabolic steroids in 1969 and never stopped. It was addicting, mentally addicting. Now I'm sick, and I'm scared. Ninety per cent of the athletes I know are on the stuff. We're not born to be 300 lbs or jump 30ft. But all the time I was taking steroids, I knew they were making me play better. I became very violent on the field and off it. I did things only crazy people do. Once a guy sideswiped my car and I beat the hell out of him. Now look at me. My hair's gone, I wobble when I walk and have to hold on to someone for support, and I have trouble remembering things. My last wish? That no one else ever dies this way."

loboes86
03-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Please show me were the Chief made any comment about him supporting the use of steroids? Healthy diets and steroid use do not go together. I read his post again and I still see no comments about steroids.:confused:

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by loboes86
Please show me were the Chief made any referance to him supporting the use of steroids? Healthy diets and steroid use do not go together. I read his post again and I still see no comments about steroids.
It's contained in the below thread. :)

click here (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=42251)

loboes86
03-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Okay I stand corrected, Sorry guys. Thanks for the info Mom.

micu98
03-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
keep up
i asked about diet, not steriods, and i am concerned about nutrition. I still think you made an innappropiate response even if it was sarcastic.

Eagle6Man
03-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by micu98
i asked about diet, not steriods, and i am concerned about nutrition. I still think you made an innappropiate response even if it was sarcastic.

You ask a good question, but since the good Chief won't reveal how he became educated in his knowledge of diet, take it for what it's worth.

Chief Ohera
03-12-2006, 03:43 PM
here are three things that i recommend that high school sprinters should incorporate into their diets.

1> Protein- builds and repairs muscles after hard workouts
2> Multi-Vitamins Studies have shown that athletes in hard training are often deficient in various vitamins in minerals, so a multivitamin should be used to make sure you don't have any deficiencies.
3> Vitamin C- gives immune system a boost

until next time................

check your pm's in a moment....lhpm

Eagle6Man
03-12-2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bigcory94533/Alzado71698.jpg