PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a pool

SWMustang
03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm really contemplating getting a pool installed in my back yard. Does anyone have any pool do's and don'ts or advice in this area?

Eagle6Man
03-09-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I'm really contemplating getting a pool installed in my back yard. Does anyone have any pool do's and don'ts or advice in this area?

Be sure and fill it with water.:D

Pmoney
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
get it a pool....trust me i have 1 and it can be awesome haha

SWMustang
03-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Be sure and fill it with water.:D
That might make my kids happier:)

SWMustang
03-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
get it a pool....trust me i have 1 and it can be awesome haha

How much work do you put into testing the PH and chlorine and whatever else you have to test?

DaHop72
03-09-2006, 10:54 PM
How much work do you put into testing the PH and chlorine and whatever else you have to test? Alright Pmoney, be honest here. Do you do it or does someone else in the family do it for you?:thinking: :thinking:

Hupernikomen
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
www.poolforum.com

Excellent info. on this website. I read it from beginning to end when I first got my pool and glad I did.

Good luck and have fun.

Pmoney
03-09-2006, 11:05 PM
How much work do you put into testing the PH and chlorine and whatever else you have to test?
well once every 1 to 2 weeks we take a sample of the water to a local store to check the PH and chlorine....but thats not much work....the work comes in when you try to clean it and DaHop- I have to clean the pool once a week...so i do my duty

SWMustang
03-09-2006, 11:32 PM
well once every 1 to 2 weeks we take a sample of the water to a local store to check the PH and chlorine....but thats not much work....the work comes in when you try to clean it and DaHop- I have to clean the pool once a week...so i do my duty

What do you do when you clean it?
I mean do you get a deck brush out and scrub or what?

Ranger Mom
03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
We never check our pool....just put shock and clarifier in it, if it starts looking greenish or cloudy.

The hot tub we have to check....it can get funky REAL fast!!

DaHop72
03-10-2006, 09:06 AM
well once every 1 to 2 weeks we take a sample of the water to a local store to check the PH and chlorine....but thats not much work....the work comes in when you try to clean it and DaHop- I have to clean the pool once a week...so i do my duty Good job, Pmoney.:thumbsup: Where's you brother these days?

PPHSfan
03-10-2006, 09:14 AM
I would strongly suggest hiring me to build it for you.:D

Eagle6Man
03-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I would strongly suggest hiring me to build it for you.:D

Now that, is good networking!!!!!

:thumbsup:

SWMustang
03-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan