PDA

View Full Version : Midland Basebal Tournament Updates

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Will GWOOD or RangerMom be able to give us any updates on the Midland baseball tournament? If so, those results would be greatly appreciated.

GWOOD
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Got a break to run to the office and I read this. I will post the day's results each night. Might be close to 10:00 PM each evening.

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Got a break to run to the office and I read this. I will post the day's results each night. Might be close to 10:00 PM each evening.

Thanks GWOOD, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

GreenMonster
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
ttt

GWOOD
03-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Results Thursday, March 9th

Pool A
Midland Lee JV 17 Odonnell 7
Pecos 13 Tornillo 4
Pecos 11 Midland Lee JV 1
ODonnell 13 Tornillo 2

Pool B
Mid. Greenwood 10 Eldorado 1
Iowa Park 33 Tornillo 0 (not a misprint)
Mid. Greenwood 11 Tyler Chapel Hill 1
Iowa Park 8 Eldorado 3

Tomorrow's Games

Midland Lee JV vs. Tornillo
Odonnell vs. Pecos

Mid. Greenwood vs. Iowa Park
Eldorado vs. Tyler Chapel Hill

Snyder_TigerFan
03-09-2006, 10:50 PM
:eek: :eek:

GWOOD
03-09-2006, 11:06 PM

Let me explain this. Tyler Chapel Hill did not make it in time to play their game with Iowa Park. Tornillo volunteered to play Iowa Park. It was Tornillo's 3rd game in a row today. They were very tired. Iowa Park would have beat them bad even if they were fresh but the high score was because they played a weak team that was worn out.

GreenMonster
03-10-2006, 10:52 AM
IP bringing the heat! Actually, I'm sure IP's coaching staff did what they could to slow down the scoring attack short of telling the kids to just go strike out. Fuhrman is a class guy and I'm positive that he would have apologized to the Tornillo coach for the high score. What's bad is IP is so far from home that I'm sure the bench is short. Fewer kids means smaller hotel bill.

GWOOD
03-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
IP bringing the heat! Actually, I'm sure IP's coaching staff did what they could to slow down the scoring attack short of telling the kids to just go strike out. Fuhrman is a class guy and I'm positive that he would have apologized to the Tornillo coach for the high score. What's bad is IP is so far from home that I'm sure the bench is short. Fewer kids means smaller hotel bill.

There was nothing unclassy that happened. I know the IP coach did not pitch any of his top 3 starters. The game meant nothing as far as pool play standings. It was just played to help Iowa Park get the 5-game minimum as we promised everybody. Everything was cool except Tornillo was just very tired.

Macarthur
03-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, this obviously means IP is going to win state!

;)

GreenMonster
03-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

;)

Injured, stick that right there in your pipe and smoke it! Tell 'em Mac.

GWOOD
03-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Friday Scores
Midland Lee JV 16 Tornillo 6
Pecos 11 Odonnell 1
Iowa Park 8 Greenwood 2
Tyler Chapel Hill 10 Eldorado 0

O'donnell 11 Eldorado 0
Chapel Hill 19 Tornillo 10
Lee JV 9 Iowa Park 7
Pecos 9 Greenwood 8

Tommorow's Finals
#4 Seed vs #4 Seed
Tornillo vs Eldorado

#3 Seed vs #3 Seed
O'Donnell vs. Tyler Chapel Hill

#2 Seed vs #2 Seed (3rd Place)
Midland Lee JV vs. Greenwood

#1 Seed vs #1 Seed (Championship Game)
Pecos vs. Iowa Park

GreenMonster
03-11-2006, 09:37 AM

;)

Dang, lost to Midland Lee's JV. Cancel those Austin hotel reservations. :thinking: :thinking: OK, if they beat Pecos in the finals today I'm re-reserving that room in Austin. :thumbsup: Go Hawks! Beat the hell outta Pecos! Seriously, purple is their school color guys they can't REALLY be that tough. How 'bout them Hawks?

Macarthur
03-11-2006, 03:01 PM
I was told that since last night's game would have no affect on IP's seed, they were going to play some of the guys that don't get to play as much. Not trying to make an excuse; I don't know if that turned out being the case or not.

GWOOD
03-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I was told that since last night's game would have no affect on IP's seed, they were going to play some of the guys that don't get to play as much. Not trying to make an excuse; I don't know if that turned out being the case or not.

that's true

GWOOD
03-11-2006, 11:50 PM
3rd Place
Greenwood 13 Midland Lee JV 11

Championship
Iowa Park 8 Pecos 7

Pecos scored 2 runs to go ahead 7-6 in bottom of 6th
Iowa Park scored 2 runs in top of 7th
Pecos made last out in bottom of 7th with bases loaded

Outstanding game!