PDA

View Full Version : 35 Year Anniversary of The Fight of The Century

TheDOCTORdre
03-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Today is the 35th Anniversary of the Ali-Frazier 1 fight, a fight that is known as the fight of the century, a 15 round fight that Frazier won by decision. How many of y'all were alive when this fight took place and how many of y'all actually watched it?

Eagle6Man
03-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Today is the 35th Anniversary of the Ali-Frazier 1 fight, a fight that is known as the fight of the century, a 15 round fight that Frazier won by decision. How many of y'all were alive when this fight took place and how many of y'all actually watched it?

Was that the "Thrilla in Manilla"??????

In answer to your question, I watched all of Ali's fights.

TheDOCTORdre
03-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Was that the "Thrilla in Manilla"??????
no Ali-Frazier 1 took place @ Madison Square Garden, the Thrilla in Manilla was Ali-Frazier 3 a fight that was won by Ali when it was called in the 11th round(I believe) cuz Frazier couldnt see out of his left eye

Eagle6Man
03-08-2006, 10:18 PM
no Ali-Frazier 1 took place @ Madison Square Garden, the Thrilla in Manilla was Ali-Frazier 3 a fight that was won by Ali when it was called in the 11th round(I believe) cuz Frazier couldnt see out of his left eye

I still remember how shocked the boxing world was when my man Frazier broke Ali's jaw in one of those super fights.

Those were some serious battles between Ali and Frazier. Further, I don't know if we will ever see boxing like that anymore.

Phantom Stang
03-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Yep, I was alive back then, and remember the hype leading up to that fight very well.
That was back before home pay per view, so I didn't get to see it live.

Phantom Stang
03-08-2006, 10:49 PM
BTW Dre, I like your Avatar.:)
If I'm not mistaken, it's a photo from the second Ali- Liston fight. Just after Ali delivered what has become historically known as, "The Phantom Punch".:D

neck_06
03-09-2006, 08:39 AM
i wasn't alive..................but i did see it on ESPN Classic!

:D :D :D

Maroon87
03-09-2006, 09:24 AM
I was 2 years old then.

DaHop72
03-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I was 2 years old then. Youngster.:D