PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story

ILS1
03-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I just got back from Taco Cabana here in Round Rock. I walked inside and there standing in line was the Tyler JC Tennis team. They just finished a match against St. Edwards in Austin,they were on their way home or to a motel. There was about 12 team members. I was in ear shot of these 2 cute young blondes with very English accents,a couple of girls from East Texas and a tall Middle Eastern-American guy. The young guy was trying to explain to them what fajitas were. I thought to myself you've got to be kidding me. I can understand the 2 English girls but the East Texas girls. They were listening in amazement as to his description and the taste of the chicken fajitas. "Dude,we're getting the chicken fajita platter it's AWESOME!!! It's comes with rice and beans and everything". "Wait to you taste it,it's AWESOME"!!!! I know they might not have Taco Cabana or these types of restaurants in East Texas. But I thought everyone in Texas knew what Fajitas were?? I didn't have the heart to tell him that chicken fajitas weren't REALLY fajitas. LOL!!! I left when he tried to explain to them what barbacoa was!!!

:D :D :D

big daddy russ
03-08-2006, 07:53 PM
My roommate last year was a NE Texan (Grand Saline- right outside Canton). Didn't know what real mexican food was.

Tried to explain that if you're not in the bathroom within 15 minutes of digesting the stuff, it ain't real.