PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo question AGAIN

mustang04
03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
ok...im thinking of getting one of a 4 leaf clover on the back of my right shoulder, but i cant decide if i really want it or not.....what do yall think? everybody's honest opinion is taken into consideration and appreciated greatly!
why i want a clover....cuz im mostly irish, of course!:D

Gobbla2001
03-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
ok...im thinking of getting one of a 4 leaf clover on the back of my right shoulder, but i cant decide if i really want it or not.....what do yall think? everybody's honest opinion is taken into consideration and appreciated greatly!

Well your heritage never changes, so that would be a safe one to get... unless we go to war with Ireland :D

BreckTxLonghorn
03-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Just remember

It's FOREVER.

SWMustang
03-08-2006, 01:21 PM
do something new and different - don't get a tattoo.

NateDawg39
03-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
do something new and different - don't get a tattoo. I decided not to get one...I then got my lip pierced!!:D Coming soon: Tongue....;)

Tweeder215
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM

Reg, for real, your smarter than that. First of all, getting a tattoo in the first place is a terrible idea. (you know all the reasons I'm gonna say so I won't say em) Secondly, if you do get one then think of something a little more masculine than a 4 leaf clover. Come on now.

JasperDog94
03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
do something new and different - don't get a tattoo. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Dog
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
If you "GOTTA' have one, back of the shoulder would be a good place. If it is highly visible, it might effect your job hunting possibilities. As bad as it might seem, remember the old conservatives control lots of the purse strings!

SWMustang
03-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Why don't you go old school and brand yourself with a big "Pi" on your chest?

whtfbplaya
03-08-2006, 02:15 PM
If your not 100% sure you want then do not get it.

pirate4state
03-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Eh, you only live once so if you really want it then GO FOR IT! :evillaugh :D

Ranger Mom
03-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I haven't met a person yet over 30 who didn't regret getting a tattoo when they were younger.

As a matter of fact, my step sister, who is 41, just had hers removed. It hurt a lot more getting it removed (and took longer) than in did getting it initially.....it was also a heck of a lot more expensive.

Personally, I don't like them!

DU_stud04
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
reggie....since your thinking about getting a tattoo of a 4 leaf clover for your heritage.....why dont i get a sombrero, or a taco tattoo to represent mine....hahahha

jk

District303aPastPlayer
03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
get it. ya live only once. i enjoy mine :)

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
reggie....since your thinking about getting a tattoo of a 4 leaf clover for your heritage.....why dont i get a sombrero, or a taco tattoo to represent mine....hahahha

jk :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
get it. ya live only once. i enjoy mine :) Tell me it isn't JJ.:D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Tell me it isn't JJ.:D :D :D

no, its A-Mo. . i had to get it touched up to include the Moustache

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 02:49 PM
no, its A-Mo. . i had to get it touched up to include the Moustache :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
03-08-2006, 02:50 PM
haha, where is the cappitan when ya need him... Go Zags!

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 02:51 PM
cappitan ????????

District303aPastPlayer
03-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
????????

the sheeeeeeef

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
03-08-2006, 02:54 PM
If you get a tattoo, I would be forced to make your right eye look like your left.

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
the sheeeeeeef Think he may dig tatoo's since he digs steroids, gambling, wild women and every other vice???

Ranger Mom
03-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If you get a tattoo, I would be forced to make your right eye look like your left.

:clap: :clap: :clap: That was great!!:D

Chief Ohera
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
i say no to tatoo's don't like them and i really don't like them when they are on my girls, i once dated a girl with a tatoo and everytime i saw it it made me mad, boy do i hate those things, it makes you look punk, and me personally doesn't want to look punk,

the #1 reason i don't like them is that they are there for ever unless you spend doe to get them removed which i heard is very painful,
don't get one but do as you choose. it's your body that you are putting it on
until next time................

District303aPastPlayer
03-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Chief Ohera
i say no to tatoo's don't like them and i really don't like them when they are on my girls, i once dated a girl with a tatoo and everytime i saw it it made me mad, boy do i hate those things, it makes you look punk, and me personally doesn't want to look punk,

the #1 reason i don't like them is that they are there for ever unless you spend doe to get them removed which i heard is very painful,
don't get one but do as you choose. it's your body that you are putting it on
until next time................

you choosing to date a girl with a tattoo is your own deal... you did that, which isnt a reason to totally dislike something. thats disliking something because of your own choices. and looking like a punk... hahaha baseup blockhead... you really are inside your own box... its quite amusing. how does it make you look like a punk

whtfbplaya
03-08-2006, 03:46 PM
:clap:

SWMustang
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
you choosing to date a girl with a tattoo is your own deal... you did that, which isnt a reason to totally dislike something. thats disliking something because of your own choices. and looking like a punk... hahaha baseup blockhead... you really are inside your own box... its quite amusing. how does it make you look like a punk

OMG - I'm gonna have to side with the Chief here. How does it make you look like a punk? It makes you look like you don't respect yourself. If I interview someone with a scorpion on their neck and spider webs on there elbows, I wouldn't hire them. I'm not sending someone out to represent me and my company that looks like that. If you wanted one in an inconspicuous place, that's your business. But do not think for a second that aren't a great many people that think it looks trashy despite the overwhelming numbers of young people that get tattoos.

STANG RED
03-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey Reg, you can always get a bunch of oriental writing that no one knows what it means, even you. Oh wait................thats already been done about a billion times.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise, you'll regret it someday.

Tweeder215
03-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I agree with StangRed on this one. Don't do it Reggie. You aren't low class don't give anyone any reason to think so.

wedo
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
get it if it really means something to you !!! i have loved mine since the day i got and i will always love b/c it means a great deal to me!!!!

SWMustang
03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by wedo
get it if it really means something to you !!! i have loved mine since the day i got and i will always love b/c it means a great deal to me!!!!

What do you love about it? What's it a tattoo of?

sinton66
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Two words, "Laser pulverizing". Spend a little more up front, design and buy a stock of transfers.

NateDawg39
03-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Two words, "Laser pulverizing". Spend a little more up front, design and buy a stock of transfers. :thinking: hmmm....

wedo
03-08-2006, 04:38 PM
when i was young me and my grandpa were really close!! and he past away a few years back, so i have is name on my arm!!

SWMustang
03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
when i was young me and my grandpa were really close!! and he past away a few years back, so i have is name on my arm!!

You caught me off guard there. I thought you were going to tell me something dumb like Bugs Bunny with a "What's up Doc?" caption underneath. That's cool that it means a lot to you, I can certainly understand why. You would always remember that strong bond regardless if you had it tattooed on your arm or not.

mustang04
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
hmmmmm......:thinking: :thinking:
man i wish it was like gettin my ears pierced...but in reality its not, and therefore takes alot more consideration.....im leaning towards not getting it, but i dunno still

Snyder_TigerFan
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM

I think that's the key. If you want a tattoo, make sure that it is something that means alot to you. Something that gives you pride or real meaning. Something that you will never regret. I got a tattoo about 10 years ago, and I don't regret getting it, it has meaning to me, just wish it was something else. I plan on getting another sometime, I just want to be sure of the one I want. A 4-leaf clover seems kind of fruity to me, but if it means something to you then cool.

BTW, I agree with keeping it an inconspicous area.

wedo
03-08-2006, 05:04 PM
i have always love football, i never really had the size to play college ball but when i played my last football game that i would play for the rest of my life, i thought i should remember this forever b/c playing high school football was best time in life. so i decided to get my number tatoo on my other arm b/c it was the last number that i will ever wear. Also i decided to become a coach when i finish school.

it doen't mean as much to me as my other tatoo but it still means alot to me!!!!

pirate4state
03-08-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
You aren't low class don't give anyone any reason to think so. :mad: LOW CLASS??? WTH? Just b/c someone has a tatoo you think they are low class?? :rolleyes:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:mad: LOW CLASS??? WTH? Just b/c someone has a tatoo you think they are low class?? :rolleyes:

Exactly what I was thinking.

DU_stud04
03-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
. You aren't low class don't give anyone any reason to think so.

never knew having a tattoo made you seem low class.....

DU_stud04
03-08-2006, 05:15 PM
personally, i like them....well some of them....not too crazy about getting thug life tatted across my chest.....

ive drawn quite a few tattoos and have sold them, even have some friends tryin to convince me to start off in a local parlor part time and eventually take it up till i get my career going

no way itll be my life, cause i gotta be designing them stealth bombers for some bigger money later:D

olddawggreen
03-08-2006, 05:27 PM
As a young man serving in the U. S. Navy, I saw lots of tattoos. A lot of my friends couldn't wait to get out of boot camp so they could get tattoos. At the time they seemed pretty cool, all bright and well defigned. I personally resisted the urge to get one, and I have always been glad I did. especially since I have had the opportunity to see some of my old shipmates in recent years. Every one of them has regretted their decision to mark up their bodies as young men. Well all but one of then, Wally is still pretty proud of the ones he got, and as you can see, he is definatly still a very cool dude.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/189/texrowe6bm.jpg

Just think really hard before you do it, your gonna have it a lonnng time.:eek:

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
As a young man serving in the U. S. Navy, I saw lots of tattoos. A lot of my friends couldn't wait to get out of boot camp so they could get tattoos. At the time they seemed pretty cool, all bright and well defigned. I perdonally resisted the urge to get one, and I have always been glad I did. especially since I have had the opportunity to see some of my old shipmates in recent years. Every one of them has regretted their decision to mark up their bodies as young men. Well all but one of then, Wally is still pretty proud of the ones he got, and as you can see, he is definatly still a very cool dude.

[URL=http://imageshack.us]http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/189/texrowe6bm.jpg

Just thing really hard before you do it, your gonna have it a lonnng time.:eek:

LOL....if that didn't change his mind, nothing will.:D

pirate4state
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I haven't met a person yet over 30 who didn't regret getting a tattoo when they were younger.

As a matter of fact, my step sister, who is 41, just had hers removed. It hurt a lot more getting it removed (and took longer) than in did getting it initially.....it was also a heck of a lot more expensive.

Personally, I don't like them!

Well, you've met me and I'm over 30 and I don't regret my tatoo. It is an interesting conversation starter!! :eek: ;)
http://www.eastrolog.com/_signs/cancer-zodiac-sign.gif

It is my zodiac sign and I love it! :) I say to each his/her own. There will always be someone out there who doesn't like what you do. Do what makes you happy.

...and that's all I've got to say... :cool:

pirate4state
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
LOL....if that didn't change his mind, nothing will.:D LOL!!! They can be very addictive, but somehow I don't think Reggie would go to this extreme?? :thinking: I know when I got mine, I immediately wanted another one, but 10 years later and I still only have the one.

pirate44
03-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, you've met me and I'm over 30 and I don't regret my tatoo. It is an interesting conversation starter!! :eek: ;)
http://www.eastrolog.com/_signs/cancer-zodiac-sign.gif

It is my zodiac sign and I love it! :) I say to each his/her own. There will always be someone out there who doesn't like what you do. Do what makes you happy.

...and that's all I've got to say... :cool:
you have a tatoo? next thing ya know you will be saying you ride a harley. you're such a rebel :D

AP Panther Fan
03-08-2006, 05:44 PM
LOL!!! They can be very addictive, but somehow I don't think Reggie would go to this extreme?? :thinking: I know when I got mine, I immediately wanted another one, but 10 years later and I still only have the one.

And where did you say yours was located? You did mention the fact that it is a conversation starter.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
03-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
And where did you say yours was located? You did mention the fact that it is a conversation starter.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh :o LMAO!! You are bad!!! :clap:

Z motion 10 out on 2
03-08-2006, 05:48 PM
I go to the gym and it seems as though very few people in there do not have tattoos. Like one of the other posters noted -- go wild and be the one that does not have one. What a conversation piece that would be.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
It's a big decision to make. I say go for it, but like the others, make sure it means something, because its a lot more expensive and painful to get rid of it.

For example, some friends (5 of them) of a friend of mine were extremely close, and they all got longhorn skulls tattoed on their ankles. When one passed away, they all got together and added a feather. The last one surviving will have 4 feathers on the horns, a remembrance forever of if his best friends. VERY cool I think.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, a buddy of mine got drunk in Florida and got the word Polo on the inside of his ankle. While it's not that visible, he still isn't terribly fond of talking about it, and admits he regrets getting it.

I plan on getting one if I ever find something that has a deep enough meaning to me, and if the clover is that to you, then go for it. But make sure you won't regret it, EVER.

olddawggreen
03-08-2006, 05:59 PM
The funniest tattooed guy I ever saw was one of the old Cheifs that served on my first ship. He had a blue bird on each side of his chest, a naked girl on each of his fore arms and an anchor and chain coming out of his butt. We used to crack up every time he came out of the shower.:crazy: :crazy:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
The funniest tattooed guy I ever saw was one of the old Cheifs that served on my first ship. He had a blue bird on each side of his chest, a naked girl on each of his fore arms and an anchor and chain coming out of his butt. We used to crack up every time he came out of the shower.:crazy: :crazy:

I can see regretting something like that.:)

loboes86
03-08-2006, 06:39 PM
A tattoo is a big decision and should be thought about for awhile. If you have any doubt in what you should do, your not ready for a tattoo. It's something that will be with you for a very long time.
Wait awhile think about it some more, the tattoo artists aren't going anywhere. It took me about 2 or 3 years to decide and I haven't been sorry yet. This is a decision only you can make and don't let anybody pressure you into it.:)

Ranger Mom
03-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't think having a tattoo makes you "low class" or "trashy"....but that is the first thing I think when I see someone with lots of noticable tattoos.

That being said, my daughter's EX-boyfriend has 7 and wants 19 more. He wants the full sleeve, I DO NOT LIKE THAT! He is a perfectly nice kid, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs. I told him if I saw him walking in the mall (and I didn't know who he was) I would go to the other side!

That is MY problem, and I realize that, but I can't get past that "persona"!

mrescape43
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
So RM,
I guess the Enigma doesn't have an appearance that appeals to you? haha:D

DU_stud04
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
i want one of the first ones i drew.....i agree, i would never get one that was visible, gotta keep it business man style

Ranger Mom
03-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
So RM,
I guess the Enigma doesn't have an appearance that appeals to you? haha:D

I have no clue, as I have no idea what you are talking about.

I know my 17 y/o will get tattoos as soon as he turns 18, that's his decision, but I don't have to like it!!:rolleyes:

mrescape43
03-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have no clue, as I have no idea what you are talking about.

I know my 17 y/o will get tattoos as soon as he turns 18, that's his decision, but I don't have to like it!!:rolleyes:

I saw this guy on one a tatoo show. He is one of those people who has had their whole body tatooed. If I remember right, he has his head tatooed in green little pieces to look like a jigsaw puzzle. He is a true freak.

Pmoney
03-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
A 4-leaf clover seems kind of fruity to me, but if it means something to you then cool.

hey now:mad:....if i ever get a tattoo.....i would get a 4-leaf clover...bc im irish and im proud...also i think it would be cool and not in anyway fruity...:D

lostaussie
03-08-2006, 09:48 PM
mustang 04 i just read your original post. have not yet read the others but do plan to go back and do so. don't know what anyone else has replied, but i do know this. if you are asking for advice on a tat, my suggestion is to wait. if you do not know what you want then you are not ready. personally i have no tats. my wife has 2. i do not dislike hers as i find them kind of "hot". but saying that, i have waived back and forth over the last several years as to whether i wanted one. my decision has always been no. whether anyone likes to believe it or not, when you go into the job market it DOES make a difference. there is no right or wrong answer, that is in the person themselves. just be sure of what you are doing, and maybe ten years down the road you are not sorry. psych 101 is over:D

mustang04
03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
mustang 04 i just read your original post. have not yet read the others but do plan to go back and do so. don't know what anyone else has replied, but i do know this. if you are asking for advice on a tat, my suggestion is to wait. if you do not know what you want then you are not ready. personally i have no tats. my wife has 2. i do not dislike hers as i find them kind of "hot". but saying that, i have waived back and forth over the last several years as to whether i wanted one. my decision has always been no. whether anyone likes to believe it or not, when you go into the job market it DOES make a difference. there is no right or wrong answer, that is in the person themselves. just be sure of what you are doing, and maybe ten years down the road you are not sorry. psych 101 is over:D

appreciate it bud!

pancho villa
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I have 2 and got them in places I could cover them if need be. I have 3 brothers and we all got our college tatooed on our ankle.
Make sure it is something you want.

Phantom Stang
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Don't do it!!

sww-bull52
03-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Tweeder,
With all due respect, you've known me for a long time. Did you know that I have a tattoo? I think you can get a decent tattoo in a spot where no one can see it unless you show it to them. I agree about the job situation though. Don't go crazy like alot of people have done. Ecspecially if you want a job where you have to deal with the public. All three of my older children (including CJ) got tattoo's on their 18th birthday and I told them the same thing I am telling you now.

schu1213
03-09-2006, 04:17 PM
If you really want to do something better than a tatto just brand a 4 leaf clover onto yourself.

underware
03-09-2006, 04:46 PM
If your not sure if you want it or not, don't get it. I waited till I was 30 to get mine. And I was ready for it.

smustangs
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
i agree with the last few if ur not sure yourself and your havein to ask everyone else for advice i would wait reg. cuz you can just go home and wash it off wait till you know its what u want man

3ABirdMan
03-09-2006, 06:04 PM
:confused: Why would you want to mark your body in such a way, and then only in a location so that it could be COVERED UP?:confused:

I mean, really, if you think it needs to be covered, then something in your head is telling you that you know you don't need one!

And to all of those that have them, I'll apologize BEFORE I say this, but it is MY opinion after all:

I THINK THEY'RE TRASHY! I THINK THEY ARE LOW CLASS! I THINK IT SHOWS A SIGN THAT YOU CRAVE ATTENTION, AND THAT'S THE ONLY WAY YOU KNOW HOW TO GET IT - BY MAKING A SPECTACLE OF YOURSELF!

but then, what do I know?

loboes86
03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
BirdMan you are indeed allowed your opinion. I have a tattoo thats on my shoulder and most people aren't aware I have it. I got it for me and me only,not to make a spectacle of myself, or to impress anyone else. Opinions vary on this subject but my tatto is a reminder of a friend I grew up with who died from Lou Gehrigs disease about 10 years ago. You may consider people who have tattoos trash but thats ok to your entitled.:)

mustang04
03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
:confused: Why would you want to mark your body in such a way, and then only in a location so that it could be COVERED UP?:confused:

I mean, really, if you think it needs to be covered, then something in your head is telling you that you know you don't need one!

but then, what do I know?

the reason i would want it there is cuz it would only be seen when im wearing something that i would want my tattoo to be seen with, like when i skimboard or workout, but when i wear a t-shirt to class or work or wear any nice shirt, it wont be seen when inappropriate....comprende???

SWMustang
03-09-2006, 07:06 PM
the reason i would want it there is cuz it would only be seen when im wearing something that i would want my tattoo to be seen with, like when i skimboard or workout, but when i wear a t-shirt to class or work or wear any nice shirt, it wont be seen when inappropriate....comprende???

Look at the havoc you've started. How about a rainbow dolphin jumping across your crack. Not really - but I used to see a young girl at the pool with one last summer. I can't imagine that has a special meaning to her.

mustang04
03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Look at the havoc you've started. How about a rainbow dolphin jumping across your crack. Not really - but I used to see a young girl at the pool with one last summer. I can't imagine that has a special meaning to her.
:D

3ABirdMan
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
!Comprende!

Sorry to come off so UPPITY! That's just how I feel about it - STRONGLY. You are entitled to do as you wish, as long your actions don't restict my rights - Thank GOD for freedom of speach ... er...freedom of tatoo!

If you think having a tatoo is you, knock yourself out! And after all of this, you need to post a pic so we can all see what you decide on.

Ranger Mom
03-09-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
!Comprende!

Sorry to come off so UPPITY! That's just how I feel about it - STRONGLY.

I'm with you and I don't know how to get past it....but I'm working on it!!:p

olddawggreen
03-10-2006, 12:24 AM
Each to his own, thats what I always say. :D :D

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2407/pic10281al.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4868/buddah29ub.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7889/tattoo4gk.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Yep, each to his own.......
:D :D

lepfan
03-10-2006, 12:53 AM
We have a no tatoo policy at our house...but then no one has ever shown interest at our house either. It may have been because my husband said he would take his grinder to remove them.;)

We have some friends and he has a couple of them...we never knew until we went to the lake and he took off his shirt. He got them when he was in the military. They are not obnoxious, just interesting. :)

espn1
03-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Definitely do not get a fag tag. You might like it initially, but in time you'll regret it.

Rabbit'93
03-10-2006, 09:30 AM
04----take your time and save your $$$. Get something that is nice and really reflects who and what your about. Don't rush in and get something just to get it. Remember it's permanent and you'll have it when your 60. Have a good story to go along with it so you can tell your grandkids. Also be prepared to get more. They are addicting. I'd take ink over dope anyday.

I've got four and don't regret getting any of em. My next one will be 1/2 sleeve with my boys names incorporated. It's going run me about $500.00 when it's all said and done.