PDA

View Full Version : Need computer help!

CenTexSports
03-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Everything on my monitor is upside down. It started when my oldest son was trying to delete some inappropriate pictures while I was out playing golf. When you reboot, the Microsoft logo comes up correctly and then flips. I have run virus scan twice and can find no virus. Any suggestions?

Eagle6Man
03-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm sure there is an easier way to solve this, but I re-format my hard drive about once per year. If it were me, I would just reinstall everything. Sorry, that's my best guess.

Bullaholic
03-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Try this:

http://8help.osu.edu/1722.html

You may need to re-set your display settings to a higher resoulution for a permanent fix. Most games try to run at 640x480 and sometimes poorly written software can leave your computer set at this lower resolution permanently on exit.

CenTexSports
03-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I called my wife and she tried it. IT WORKED. Thanks.

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Now that you've gotten the "fix", my suggestion was going to be "tell your son to stop saving the inappropriate pictures". :p ;)

Johnnypaycheck
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
just turn the monitor upside down and the problem is fixed...that is the extent of my computer knowledge...

LOL..

DaHop72
03-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
just turn the monitor upside down and the problem is fixed...that is the extent of my computer knowledge...

LOL.. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CenTexSports
03-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I turned the monitor upside down on Saturday after it flipped. It fell yesterday and that really made my wife mad (it doesn't take much).

Something else I learned. If your monitor picture flips upside down, it is easier to turn your mouse upside down to navigate the cursor. It is a real mind blower to look at an upside down monitor and then try to navigate the mouse in it's normal way.

LH Panther Mom
03-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I turned the monitor upside down on Saturday after it flipped. It fell yesterday and that really made my wife mad (it doesn't take much).

Something else I learned. If your monitor picture flips upside down, it is easier to turn your mouse upside down to navigate the cursor. It is a real mind blower to look at an upside down monitor and then try to navigate the mouse in it's normal way.
Or you could stand on your head. :nerd: :nerd: ;)

spiveyrat
03-08-2006, 02:40 PM

LOL..

Isn't that what Jimi Hendrix did with his guitar? Worked well for him! :D

Bullaholic
03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Isn't that what Jimi Hendrix did with his guitar? Worked well for him! :D

That's exactly right, spivey.....Jimi was a "lefty". Of course, everybody knows that Jimi Hendrix was from another "planet" when it came to playing the guitar.

cdlvj
03-08-2006, 02:56 PM

LOL..

or do a head stand when using the computer.