PDA

View Full Version : Rain, Rain - GO AWAY!!!

Ranger Mom
03-04-2004, 09:39 AM
I cannot tell you the last time I woke to rain, thunder, lightning and hail!!

Evidently our elementary school is flooded. I was stranded in the Greenwood Country Store for about 10 minutes waiting for another hail storm to pass.

We West Texans aren't used to all this wet stuff!!

It was nice on Tuesday, made me a little lazy on Wednesday, but on Thursday I am ready for some sunshine and clear skies!

(I'm sure in the heat of the summer I will be eating my words!!)

CHS_Grad '85
03-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Hang in there Rangermom...

ej2525
03-04-2004, 11:01 AM
We have been soaked down here in Houston for what seems like weeks now. I am ready for some dry weather too!!

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>

Adidas410s
03-04-2004, 12:51 PM
its getting REALLY fun in Abilene now. Blinding rain, 2 inch hail, and a PERFECT "hook" (what leads to big tornados) just south of town! I LOVE THIS STUFF BABY!!!

poncho
03-04-2004, 01:04 PM
It looks like Burnet county is about to receive some rain. :D :D

slpybear the bullfan
03-04-2004, 01:32 PM
We need it up here in Jack and Wise County Bad... Lake Bridgeport is 14 feet below full.

Yes... that was not a typo... 14 feet BELOW FULL... not FLOOD...

If we don't replenish with runoff this year, then it will look like '80~'81 all over again...

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Ranger Mom:

(I'm sure in the heat of the summer I will be eating my words!!).
LOL
I'm not looking forward to summer just yet.

sinton66
03-04-2004, 01:44 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
We need it up here in Jack and Wise County Bad... Lake Bridgeport is 14 feet below full.

If we don't replenish with runoff this year, then it will look like '80~'81 all over again...You'll probably never make national news like Lake Nasworthy at San Angelo did back in the 50's. The only lake I ever heard of that actually caught fire. wink

kaorder1999
03-04-2004, 02:31 PM
sinton66:

slpybear the bullfan:

If we don't replenish with runoff this year, then it will look like '80~'81 all over again...You'll probably never make national news like Lake Nasworthy at San Angelo did back in the 50's. The only lake I ever heard of that actually caught fire. wink gotten clearer here...rain has stpped and sun is out...prolly not for long though. You never know in East Texas

CHS_Grad '85
03-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Well looks like College Station should be hit by something real soon... the clouds are moving in fast and the wind has picked up... hope it doesn't have the hail Rangermom was talking about... I just bought a new car - this parking lot doesn't have any cover...

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-04-2004, 04:41 PM
WOO HOO!!!! That storm was FUN FUN FUN!!!! Lets do it again! I'm in Richardson/Plano btw, got hit here pretty hard. AND I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT!!!!

marlin fan
03-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Man when i got out of school today at 3:25 it was comming down like crazy outside. i got to my car and my backpack fell its all wet on the back side but none of my stuff got wet.. AHHH I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!! :D

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

Ranger Mom
03-04-2004, 05:48 PM
I may have spoke too soon!! The rain is gone, the sun is shining....and the wind is blowing about 45 mph with gusts up to 60.

Even with all that rain the wind is still kicking up all kinds of dust!!

olddawggreen
03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
slpybear the bullfan:

If we don't replenish with runoff this year, then it will look like '80~'81 all over again...Well I expect you got it. Man what a front!

crzyjournalist03
03-04-2004, 06:17 PM
at 2:38 I turned on the weather channel to see what was going on around here...I noticed the storm was moving pretty quickly, so I figured, "Good, it'll be gone in about an hour." Then I noticed the words scrolling down at the bottom of the screen:

"Tornado expected to hit Denton at 2:45...Take cover in a basement or bathroom immediately."

So I called my mom (as I usually do around that time of day) and she asked "What's up?" and I told her, "We're going to get hit by a tornado in about 5 minutes." I looked outside my window and saw the grey sky turning black quickly and suddenly the rain stopped. I told my mom, "I think I just hit the lull before the storm." Sure enough, while I was on the phone, the dorm sirens start going off and I have to walk down 6 flights of stairs to safety. Luckily it only lasted about 10 minutes, but it's still annoying when you have to go and take cover.

20dawgz05
03-04-2004, 06:26 PM
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: 20dawgz05 ]</small>

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 07:13 PM
crzyjournalist03:
at 2:38 I turned on the weather channel to see what was going on around here...I noticed the storm was moving pretty quickly, so I figured, "Good, it'll be gone in about an hour." Then I noticed the words scrolling down at the bottom of the screen:

"Tornado expected to hit Denton at 2:45...Take cover in a basement or bathroom immediately."

So I called my mom (as I usually do around that time of day) and she asked "What's up?" and I told her, "We're going to get hit by a tornado in about 5 minutes." I looked outside my window and saw the grey sky turning black quickly and suddenly the rain stopped. I told my mom, "I think I just hit the lull before the storm." Sure enough, while I was on the phone, the dorm sirens start going off and I have to walk down 6 flights of stairs to safety. Luckily it only lasted about 10 minutes, but it's still annoying when you have to go and take cover..
Good thing your safe crzy. :) I'm sure it could have been much worse.

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

jason
03-04-2004, 07:24 PM
20dawgz05:
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!satUrday

kaorder1999
03-04-2004, 08:18 PM
jason:

20dawgz05:
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!satUrdayit rained for like 10 mins here...weak storm

crzyjournalist03
03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
SintonFan:

crzyjournalist03:

So I called my mom (as I usually do around that time of day) and she asked "What's up?" and I told her, "We're going to get hit by a tornado in about 5 minutes." I looked outside my window and saw the grey sky turning black quickly and suddenly the rain stopped. I told my mom, "I think I just hit the lull before the storm." Sure enough, while I was on the phone, the dorm sirens start going off and I have to walk down 6 flights of stairs to safety. Luckily it only lasted about 10 minutes, but it's still annoying when you have to go and take cover..
Good thing your safe crzy. :) I'm sure it could have been much worse.yeah...I prayed...I said, "God, keep me safe...oh...and my truck...please don't let anything bad happen to my truck because that would really stink."

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 09:34 PM
crzyjournalist03:

SintonFan:

crzyjournalist03:

Good thing your safe crzy. :) I'm sure it could have been much worse.yeah...I prayed...I said, "God, keep me safe...oh...and my truck...please don't let anything bad happen to my truck because that would really stink.".
ROFL!!! :D

20dawgz05
03-04-2004, 09:39 PM
jason:

20dawgz05:
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!satUrdaySHUT UP MR. KNOW IT ALL

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 10:08 PM
20dawgz05:

jason:

20dawgz05:
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!satUrdaySHUT UP MR. KNOW IT ALL.
Do yall know each other?

jason
03-04-2004, 10:39 PM
SintonFan:

20dawgz05:

jason:

20dawgz05:
yeah im tired of this RAIN as well... i now have a hail dent on my car...THE FIRST DENT ON IT GRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: ... saterday i will be in FLORIDA and it will all be better!!!satUrdaySHUT UP MR. KNOW IT ALL.
Do yall know each other?ONLY from 3A DL and AIM....THATS IT NO MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU HEAR...

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 11:18 PM
jason:

SintonFan:

20dawgz05:

jason:

20dawgz05:
Do yall know each other?ONLY from 3A DL and AIM....THATS IT NO MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU HEAR....
Nothing, nothing at all

jason
03-04-2004, 11:24 PM
thats my story and im stickin to it
...rangermom might could tell you more though...
:D :D :D :D :D

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

Ranger Mom
03-04-2004, 11:29 PM
jason:
:D :D :D :D :D Oh Jason....don't EVEN get me started!!! :p

SintonFan
03-04-2004, 11:32 PM
jason:
:D :D :D :D :D .
nm

<small>[ March 04, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

vet93
03-05-2004, 10:16 AM
Rangermom... :( I am so disapointed that a west texas veteran like yourself would wish the rain to go away! However, I can certainly understand your sentiments...it seems like we have two types of weather in west texas...1) Dry and hot with no chance of rain...or 2) Tornado Warnings and hail (and very little rain)!

Ranger Mom:
I cannot tell you the last time I woke to rain, thunder, lightning and hail!!

Evidently our elementary school is flooded. I was stranded in the Greenwood Country Store for about 10 minutes waiting for another hail storm to pass.

We West Texans aren't used to all this wet stuff!!

It was nice on Tuesday, made me a little lazy on Wednesday, but on Thursday I am ready for some sunshine and clear skies!

(I'm sure in the heat of the summer I will be eating my words!!)

Wildcat81
03-05-2004, 11:55 AM
It's rained so much! I thought I might put some
crawfish traps in my backyard. :D :D :D

<small>[ March 05, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Wildcat81 ]</small>

Ranger Mom
03-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Wildcat81:
crawfish traps in my backyard. :D :D :D LOL!!! If you were 100% Dixie - like me....you would call those crawdads!!! :D

Wildcat81
03-05-2004, 12:20 PM
Ranger Mom:

Wildcat81:
crawfish traps in my backyard. :D :D :D LOL!!! If you were 100% Dixie - like me....you would call those crawdads!!! :D Sorry about that. my mistake Crawdads. :D

Greenwood Teach
03-06-2004, 10:06 AM
Yes, my classroom was flooded!