PDA

View Full Version : bearcat1........Sweetwater

MustangFan03
04-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Thanks for asking........Sweetwater has not had a kid from Breckenridge transfer in. They have had a kid from Houston who has a father here transfer in but he was a soph. on the JV of a 5A school. he should help but nothing to get excited about. Might not even be on the Varsity. So I think that is a rumor about the Breckenridge kid.
On the other hand I don't believe they need any help. They used 4 or 5 RB's in their offense last year and only lost one to graduation and he was average at best. the offense will return 7 starters but that is a little decieving because they rotatedso many players in and out each play. And yes, the QB ( M. Carrillo) can run, but people that have not watched this team play on a weekly basis don't know how well this kid can throw! He just hasnt had to because the run doesnt get stopped early in the game so they just keep running it down their throats.Let me tell you that this kid is very accurate and can throw it on a rope for 40 yards. He is probably one of the best pitchers in this area during the baseball season, great arm. ery talanted kid. His size (5'8" 165) is why you dont hear about him in the recruiting process.
The offensive line did lose three but hae some good young players coming up from a 10-0 JV team. Only one lineman from last year recieved any king of All-District honors so I really dont see much lose in that area.
The deffense was learning a new scheme ( 5-2 to a 4-3) last year with a new coach and did not lose much from graduation. They return 7 starters so they will be much improved.This is the year that all the fans have been waiting on as far as talent goes. We have seen alot of good teams come thru Seetwater and this one is one of the best. This team is loaded. We will know early if the this is for real. Yes, the schedule is tough!

Vernon
Graham there
Mid. Greenwood there
Andrews
Ab. Wylie
Dist.
Snyder there
Denver City
Lamesa there
Merkel there
Seminole

I don't see any cakewalks on that list! I'm not for sure but it looks like all but 2 or 3 were playoff teams last year and Snyder was in 4A which is an old rival that is only 30 miles away. That should be a great game to see and also the Ab. Wylie game would be a good one to see. Looks like the 2002 season is going to be a great game every Friday night. I would like to wish everyone the best of luck and to the Kennedaleteam and fans, I hope we meet again and see a game like we did last year. Kennedale did not lose much to graduation and they were very good last lear. I think they are a loaded team that will give many teams fits. Good Luck All!!!!

Jacket2000
04-18-2002, 01:35 PM
MustangFan03, it's been confirmed that Larry Huitt has indeed transferred to Sweetwater. However, he may not be allowed to play since it kinda looks like he transferred for athletic reasons.
J2K

Ktown2004
04-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Thank You same too you. We lost about like yall did we have all our skill players back and we lost 3 linemen as well.

Matthew328
04-18-2002, 10:48 PM
I agree Kennedale is gonna be salty next year...they are a threat in Division 2 no doubt...Region 1 has REALLY gotten better since realignment, think about it Region 1 you got Everman, Wylie, Snyder, Borger....all potential Division 1 teams..then in Division 2 you could have Canyon, Perryton, Sweetwater, Lamesa, Vernon, Ballinger, Kennedale, Alpine, Lake Worth, Breckenridge...wow not only does Region 1 have more elite type teams but it is a MUCH deeper Region overall now..

MustangFan03
04-19-2002, 10:23 AM
This morning I talked to the High school Principal about a transfer and he told me as of right now there hasnt been. And I think he would be the one to know. Now there could be intentions of a transfer but as of now he does not attend Sweetwater High.He is not on the Student roles or whatever that means.

vet93
04-19-2002, 01:23 PM
Matt....I think that Alpine dropped to 2A. Otherwise, a great list!

Originally posted by Matthew328:
I agree Kennedale is gonna be salty next year...they are a threat in Division 2 no doubt...Region 1 has REALLY gotten better since realignment, think about it Region 1 you got Everman, Wylie, Snyder, Borger....all potential Division 1 teams..then in Division 2 you could have Canyon, Perryton, Sweetwater, Lamesa, Vernon, Ballinger, Kennedale, Alpine, Lake Worth, Breckenridge...wow not only does Region 1 have more elite type teams but it is a MUCH deeper Region overall now..

Jacket2000
04-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by MustangFan03:
This morning I talked to the High school Principal about a transfer and he told me as of right now there hasnt been. And I think he would be the one to know. Now there could be intentions of a transfer but as of now he does not attend Sweetwater High.He is not on the Student roles or whatever that means.

You are right, he is not attending Sweetwater High School. When he withdrew from Breck, he was serving an AEP(Alt. Education Program) assignment. So, I believe when he enrolled at Sweetwater, he was placed in their Alternative program untill he serves out his remaining days.
J2K

MustangFan03
04-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
You are right, he is not attending Sweetwater High School. When he withdrew from Breck, he was serving an AEP(Alt. Education Program) assignment. So, I believe when he enrolled at Sweetwater, he was placed in their Alternative program untill he serves out his remaining days.
J2K
We'll, I checked on that bit of info and sure nuff that is what is going on. He is attending Hobbs alternative.