Reveille
11-15-2002, 11:02 PM
nm

spiveyrat
11-16-2002, 01:22 AM
ho yeah, baby! who's next?

Bulldog92
11-16-2002, 01:42 AM
I think we get Cameron Yoe next. Is our defense really good enough to get it done this year? I think that's the key to any hopes we have. Reveille, can you give us poor saps that are in other states a brief summary of what happened on both sides of the ball? You're always objective, so give it to me straight. Thanks... :D

yoe_81
11-17-2002, 12:04 AM
Yea, Ya'll do have us next week...it'll be a great game, there has been a couple of things why we always come up on top. 1: teams realiz that they have to shut down BP (Billy Pittman), but they dont realize that we got more ammo than just him, like when u think that all we have is people that can run we throw and get things done, and vice versa. 2: When teams play Cameron, in the 3rd, or 4th quarter they just run out of gas..Cameron really enforces conditioning, be sure to bring yall's sweat towels, cause were going to run yall all over the field and give yall a run for yalls money...Good Luck to Both Teams!! Go oYe

District303aPastPlayer
11-17-2002, 12:07 PM
I have never seen Jasper play, and i probably wont until Week 4 or 5 in the playoffs depending on Sinton. From what I hear Jasper is almost as untouchable as Celina is. I hate to say this, but i feel that those two teams, Jasper and Celina, will be our State Champions. Now if only the UIL would establish the Texas Cup at all classes.

j_dog
11-17-2002, 04:22 PM
yoe_81:
Yea, Ya'll do have us next week...it'll be a great game, there has been a couple of things why we always come up on top. 1: teams realiz that they have to shut down BP (Billy Pittman), but they dont realize that we got more ammo than just him, like when u think that all we have is people that can run we throw and get things done, and vice versa. 2: When teams play Cameron, in the 3rd, or 4th quarter they just run out of gas..Cameron really enforces conditioning, be sure to bring yall's sweat towels, cause were going to run yall all over the field and give yall a run for yalls money...Good Luck to Both Teams!! Go oYeyoe_81, that is a very positive post and it is appreciated. Could you please tell us a little about your team, re: size, speed, etc. There has already been a lot of posts on Jasper's size and speed so I won't go into details unless you ask. Big and fast about says it all. Well, big and a whole lot faster than what was reputed to be a fast Mexia team. Good luck to your team. Thanks.

Reveille
11-17-2002, 05:19 PM
Bulldog92:
I think we get Cameron Yoe next. Is our defense really good enough to get it done this year? I think that's the key to any hopes we have. Reveille, can you give us poor saps that are in other states a brief summary of what happened on both sides of the ball? You're always objective, so give it to me straight. Thanks... :D Kenny, the Jasper defense totally dominated Mexia in the first half. Mexia had 3 first downs and 19 yards of total offense. Their first first down came with 1:45 left in the first quarter. One of the other two first downs was via a Jasper penalty. Take an 82 yard run by their QB away in the third quarter and Mexia has less than 50 yards total offense through three.
The offense, well, that is different story. It seemed as though they just showed up. They seemed to be very lethargic throughout the game. Through the first half they had a total of two yards passing. Actually they did not need to pass. They had 194 on the ground. They had several motion and proceedure penalties throughout the game.
The offense played more than well enough to win, but against better competition they will have to step it up. As usual, Red and company must continue to play as they have since the Newton game. They will have to against BP and company.