PDA

View Full Version : Snyder should be proud

CenTexSports
03-07-2006, 08:23 AM
I saw Grant Teaff last night and he is an excellent speaker. During his talk he spoke of Snyder and his HS football coach. He also mentioned players from Cuero and Baird. If you get a chance to hear him you should take the opportunity. If you need a speaker, you should see if he is available.

For you younger folks, Mr. Teaff was the coach at Baylor for 20 years and he won the SWC championship there for the first time in 50 years. His Baylor teams beat Texas 10 times. He is now the Executive Director for the American Football Coaches Association.

STANG RED
03-07-2006, 08:34 AM
He spoke at one of our all sports banquets one year when I was in high school. He is a great speaker.

injuredinmelee
03-07-2006, 09:48 AM
He plays in a fundraiser Golf Tourney every year for McMurry University in Abilene at Faiway Oaks CC, and it is always good to sit around and talk with he and Spike Dykes who also takes part. Theres a lot of football in those two heads. They have both easily forgotten more than we will ever know.

injuredinmelee
03-07-2006, 09:49 AM
ya'll like how I give myself a free plug... lol

Ranger Mom
03-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
ya'll like how I give myself a free plug... lol

very smooth!;)

DaHop72
03-07-2006, 09:53 AM
ya'll like how I give myself a free plug... lol :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CenTexSports
03-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I would rather see you give out free rounds of golf.

DaHop72
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I would rather see you give out free rounds of golf. I like that idea real well.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Snyder_TigerFan
03-07-2006, 10:11 AM
:D No kidding!

Black_Magic
03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
He is a great guy. Incredible motivational speaker. He comes every year and speaks to The Tigers on one of the home games lthe last three years. everyone enjoys him.

DaHop72
03-07-2006, 10:55 AM
When Coach Teaff was at Baylor we would take the Royal Ambassadors (kids) to rally at Baylor every year. He would take the boys on a tour of the locker room and they would get to meet the players who were in early for taping. Quite an experience for these young men.

Snyder_TigerFan
03-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
When Coach Teaff was at Baylor we would take the Royal Ambassadors (kids) to rally at Baylor every year. He would take the boys on a tour of the locker room and they would get to meet the players who were in early for taping. Quite an experience for these young men.

Is the Royal Ambassadors a chruch thing? I remember going with a friend to see a baylor game. I remember they let us go into the locker room, and I think we met a couple of the players. I should remember it better, I was probably 10-12. I don't remember what it was for, but my friend's dad was a preacher at a church, so it probably had something to do with that.

DaHop72
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Is the Royal Ambassadors a chruch thing? I remember going with a friend to see a baylor game. I remember they let us go into the locker room, and I think we met a couple of the players. I should remember it better, I was probably 10-12. I don't remember what it was for, but my friend's dad was a preacher at a church, so it probably had something to do with that. Yes it is through the church. Coach Teaff went to First Baptist Snyder and that is the group that I went with to the locker room.

DaHop72
03-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Is the Royal Ambassadors a chruch thing? I remember going with a friend to see a baylor game. I remember they let us go into the locker room, and I think we met a couple of the players. I should remember it better, I was probably 10-12. I don't remember what it was for, but my friend's dad was a preacher at a church, so it probably had something to do with that. Was that with Cameron???

Snyder_TigerFan
03-07-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Was that with Cameron???

Sure was. :)

injuredinmelee
03-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Just let me know when yall want to play.

MHSvarsity2007
03-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Just let me know when yall want to play.

hmmm our girls team actually need to go to the driving range.... :thinking: :thinking:

only kidding...

GetRDoneStangs
03-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
hmmm our girls team actually need to go to the driving range.... :thinking: :thinking:

only kidding...

Be nice now....