PDA

View Full Version : Is any other town like Fairfield

eagles_victory
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
The kids on our baseball team were rooting against our basketball team. The only guys they would cheer for were the two guys who played baseball and they would discredit the rest of the team and say they werent good and crap. And now after we went 29-6 and lost in the third round to a top 5 team in the state some of the players are saying we underachieved and they wont underachieve like we did when they have never won a playoff series. And also the girls basketball players were cheering against us because we went farther then them. After we won our second round game by 13 points they all said we got lucky. When your classmates wont even support you in a sport is pretty upseting to me I hope no other towns are like this.

lepfan
03-07-2006, 12:28 AM
Wow! I would think they would need some sort of discipline (IMO). I know our AD and Principal would not let that fly!

eagles_victory
03-07-2006, 12:42 AM
Well you couldnt really do that because there was nothing they did in public but just stuff they would say like at school and stuff.

lepfan
03-07-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Well you couldnt really do that because there was nothing they did in public but just stuff they would say like at school and stuff. IMO your either on the bus or off the bus...and I do think if it was said/done at school it is game for discipline by the principal...and if they are athletes themselves their coach should step in

District303aPastPlayer
03-07-2006, 01:23 AM
and tell them what? you cant root for any team you want. you either root for your own school or dont root for anyone at all... its not a dictatorship when it comes to rooting for athletes

injuredinmelee
03-07-2006, 03:21 AM
cant let what others say bother ya. Like I could care less if someone likes or roots for me. If they arent paying me or sleeping with me I couldnt give a fat rats tail. Let it go and stealign a line from old school womens deodorant commercial.. never let me see you sweat.

big daddy russ
03-07-2006, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
Wow! I would think they would need some sort of discipline (IMO). I know our AD and Principal would not let that fly!
Would you like a side of Hitler with that order?

big daddy russ
03-07-2006, 03:41 AM
Victory, our chess team and football squad hated each other.

On a serious note, I know it sucks, but it's just something you have to live with. Some people are just born to be jack***es and it's something they're great at. But they're the ones that have to see their faces in the mirror every morning when they wake up, not you.

3afan
03-07-2006, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
.... I hope no other towns are like this.

don't blame the TOWN, blame the few yardbird kids ...

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Every town has a few like that. Don't let the nay-sayers bring you down from your accomplishments.

lepfan
03-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Would you like a side of Hitler with that order? No Hitler needed here...I am working for Hitler right now. I did not say they should be beaten, geez:rolleyes: . This is how I see it...you can root for 'buddies'.....and keep your mouth shut about the players you don't like.

It takes a big person to belittle others publicly. :rolleyes:
People who do that obviously do not have much respect for themselves.

I agree 'don't let them see you sweat', and don't let them get to you....Kids like that grow up to be adults like that. They usually get back what deal out.

Maroon87
03-07-2006, 11:18 AM
When I was in school, the only thing kinda like that was on basketball game nights, the gym would be full for our girls' game (we were really, really good back then) and when that game ended the place would clear out and the boys' team (kinda so-so) would play in front of mostly empty seats. I always thought that was weak.

BTW...post #666...:devil:

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
BTW...post #666...:devil:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bullaholic
03-07-2006, 11:38 AM
O.k.---call me Hitler now.....If those kids had been playing under some of the coaches I knew back in the "day" they would still be running laps and after they collapsed--the coach would ask---"Anybody here got enough wind left to cheer for the other team?". Yea I know---this is 2006--not back in the DAY.....sigh.

Maroon87
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
O.k.---call me Hitler now.....If those kids had been playing under some of the coaches I knew back in the "day" they would still be running laps and after they collapsed--the coach would ask---"Anybody here got enough wind left to cheer for the other team?". Yea I know---this is 2006--not back in the DAY.....sigh.

Amen to that!:clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2006, 11:48 AM
My dad was one of them.

STANG RED
03-07-2006, 11:51 AM

You said it brother!!! Had I ever done such a thing, I'd still be trying to catch my breath.
Obviously, these kids have some piss poor raising going on at home.

lepfan
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Obviously, these kids have some piss poor raising going on at home. Amen to this! Many times it is left to the school to teach manners and values.