PDA

View Full Version : Texas Monthly

SWMustang
03-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Texas Monthly has a special issue on newsstands now called "Texans at War." I frequently get PO'd reading Texas Monthly - in particular Mimi Swartz's columns - but this is worth buying. There are a few blog excerpts from soldiers stationed in Iraq, as well as some stories about soldiers who will never be coming back. I think it was probably a difficult issue to manage the politics involved, but I think they did a better job than what I expected from Texas Monthly. They even listed all 203 Texans who have died in Iraq since combat began with their pictures and hometowns. Page 108 erroneously lists CWO Scott Jamar as being from Granbury. He was a proud Sweetwater High Graduate. If your memoral service was held in Mustang Bowl - you'll always be a Mustang.

espn1
03-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I'll definitely check it out!

Eagle6Man
03-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Texas Monthly has a special issue on newsstands now called "Texans at War." I frequently get PO'd reading Texas Monthly - in particular Mimi Swartz's columns - but this is worth buying. There are a few blog excerpts from soldiers stationed in Iraq, as well as some stories about soldiers who will never be coming back. I think it was probably a difficult issue to manage the politics involved, but I think they did a better job than what I expected from Texas Monthly. They even listed all 203 Texans who have died in Iraq since combat began with their pictures and hometowns. Page 108 erroneously lists CWO Scott Jamar as being from Granbury. He was a proud Sweetwater High Graduate. If your memoral service was held in Mustang Bowl - you'll always be a Mustang.

My prayers are with you and his family.

Maroon87
03-07-2006, 02:33 AM
I'm a TM subscriber and yes, it definitely has a liberal slant...but this is a must have issue.:cool:

injuredinmelee
03-07-2006, 03:22 AM
they have articles in there? I thought it was all ads for shops on Westheimer in houston.

sinton66
03-07-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm beginning to think there is no magazine without a liberal slant.

pirate44
03-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
they have articles in there? I thought it was all ads for shops on Westheimer in houston.
haha. me too. i thought it was all perfume ads.

SWMustang
03-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
haha. me too. i thought it was all perfume ads.

You have to dig for them, but there are SOME articles.

Eagle6Man
03-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You have to dig for them, but there are SOME articles.

Are you certain you are talking about Texas Monthly?:D

Ranger Mom
03-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm a TM subscriber and yes, it definitely has a liberal slant...but this is a must have issue.:cool:

If you are a subscriber will this be an issue you should receive as part of your subscription??

The reason I ask is because my boss is a subscriber, I would like to look at it myself!

Maroon87
03-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If you are a subscriber will this be an issue you should receive as part of your subscription??

The reason I ask is because my boss is a subscriber, I would like to look at it myself!

Yeah, I got mine last week.