PDA

View Full Version : The TICKET, 1310AM, 104.1 FM is now OFFICIAL COWBOYS Station

slpybear the bullfan
03-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Listened to the press conference on the way home. I congratulate all P1s on this news. Here are my biggest wishes concerning...

1.) PPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE keep Brad Sham calling games.

2.) Puuuuhhhhllleeeeaaaassssseeee have a public execution of Rowdy.

3.) play drops during the game broadcasts. (Can't you just hear "Norms Numbers" being used to call the score!)

4.) Gordon Keith excommunicated.

5.) Cobra in the locker room... with all of his characters. (The overcusser interviewing Parcells... YES!)

Eagle6Man
03-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Listened to the press conference on the way home. I congratulate all P1s on this news. Here are my biggest wishes concerning...

1.) PPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE keep Brad Sham calling games.

2.) Puuuuhhhhllleeeeaaaassssseeee have a public execution of Rowdy.

3.) play drops during the game broadcasts. (Can't you just hear "Norms Numbers" being used to call the score!)

4.) Gordon Keith excommunicated.

5.) Cobra in the locker room... with all of his characters. (The overcusser interviewing Parcells... YES!)

I bet Mike Ryner will have something bad to say about all this.

slpybear the bullfan
03-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Nope... the old grey wolf was pretty jazzed about it. This is the BIGGEST ticket in DFW.

5 Superbowls meets 5 times voted best sports station in America. Cool.

Eagle6Man
03-06-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Nope... the old grey wolf was pretty jazzed about it. This is the BIGGEST ticket in DFW.

5 Superbowls meets 5 times voted best sports station in America. Cool.

Good! maybe they can hire back old Big Dick Hunter?

Matthew328
03-06-2006, 09:54 PM
today is a glorious day as a P1 from day 1

Eagle6Man
03-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I actually love The Ticket.
When I was in the area, I actually got to go up and be a guest host on the Ticket. Those folks are very nice and alot of fun. I wrote an entire blog about it. Perhaps I can share that someday if i can find it.

scrappy05
03-07-2006, 12:45 AM
big day for the little ticket, i just hope it doesnt take away from having the fake jerry on or bashing rowdy or stating their real opinions on the cowboys like they have done in the past.

Eagle6Man
03-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by scrappy05
big day for the little ticket, i just hope it doesnt take away from having the fake jerry on or bashing rowdy or stating their real opinions on the cowboys like they have done in the past.

The fake Jerry (Gordon Keith) is a riot isn't he?

Here is Gordon Keith's

I hope the general public is ready for him!

Also, here is the Ticket's website: (www.theticket.com)

Great station and you can listen on-line!

Manck
03-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Seeing as how they had the fake Jerry Jones call in while the real Jerry Jones was on the air this afternoon, nothing will change much.

Keep Gordo. I know he's over the top, and a little f'ed up, but that's what makes him great.

And apparently, real Jerry has three toes due to an unfortunate lawnmower accident. I think he's already bought into the bit though.

District303aPastPlayer
03-07-2006, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Manck
Seeing as how they had the fake Jerry Jones call in while the real Jerry Jones was on the air this afternoon, nothing will change much.

Keep Gordo. I know he's over the top, and a little f'ed up, but that's what makes him great.

And apparently, real Jerry has three toes due to an unfortunate lawnmower accident. I think he's already bought into the bit though.

did you like the choosing of a new name for the FC in Houston

Manck
03-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
did you like the choosing of a new name for the FC in Houston
Well, since I would hate whatever they chose anyways, I think that it's a decent choice.

At the same time, it seems that people are going to get the name wrong more times than they get it right.

With FC Dallas, it's mainly with the initials at the front, but with Dynamo (note the lack of an 's'), there seems to be plenty of potential confusion for people who aren't so much into soccer club naming history.

Also, on a more random note, it's a telling sign of how much relations between the US and the former Soviet bloc have changed in 15 years.

Look up where clubs named "Dynamo [city]" are. Never would have happened in 1991.

Either way, Houston sucks, and Dallas will win. :D

3afan
03-07-2006, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

me too - i listen online most mornings up here in VA

Rabbit'93
03-07-2006, 07:03 AM
I used to be a P1. But I grew tired of all the schtick. same stuff just different days. I do think this is a good move for the cowboys.

Eagle6Man
03-07-2006, 09:21 AM
http://amadeo.blog.com/repository/3786/114714.p.jpg

The guys on the Ticket are rocking this morning with the news of them getting the broadcast rights for the Cowboys for the next 5 years.

Ya have to give the Ticket props. No one would have thought back in 1991 that an all-sports radio station would ever make it. Obviously, they did.

Eagle6Man
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
OK,
I'm a little confused here.

If you listen to the Ticket on-line, you can listen for free.

But if you listen to any NFL games on-line, you have to go through NFL.com that supposedly has exclusive rights to internet broadcasts. I'm now confused.

So, I called the Ticket, and spoke to Friedo, and he says they have an agreement with NFL also? Man, I dunno.....

I guess I am wondering a couple of things. Does the Ticket have to pay NFL.com a %?

I dunno..I'm getting "tired head" and will try to figure it out I guess.
The question I have is, are we going to have to pay to hear the Cowboys?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Yep, great day for the good, strong P1's out there, myself included.

And hells yeah, I want more Overcusser interviews. I'd like to hear multiple beeps from Cowboys players talking trash about an upcoming opponent. :D

Rabbit'93
03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Just for S's and giggles I listened to the Ticket today. Man did they jump on the Jerry's nizzuts. :rolleyes: I guess that's the way it goes.

Txbroadcaster
03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
OK,
I'm a little confused here.

If you listen to the Ticket on-line, you can listen for free.

But if you listen to any NFL games on-line, you have to go through NFL.com that supposedly has exclusive rights to internet broadcasts. I'm now confused.

So, I called the Ticket, and spoke to Friedo, and he says they have an agreement with NFL also? Man, I dunno.....

I guess I am wondering a couple of things. Does the Ticket have to pay NFL.com a %?

I dunno..I'm getting "tired head" and will try to figure it out I guess.
The question I have is, are we going to have to pay to hear the Cowboys?

There will still be a Cowboys network that has stations all over the world carrying the games. The Ticket is just now the DFW and Flagship station.

Eagle6Man
03-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
There will still be a Cowboys network that has stations all over the world carrying the games. The Ticket is just now the DFW and Flagship station.

So, this fall, if I wanted to listen to the Cowboys via the internet, I would log on to the Ticket. My question is this: Will I have to pay to hear the game?