PDA

View Full Version : 3A coaches interviewed for the Baytown Sterling Job

Cat22
01-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Orangefield's Kevin Flanigan, Barbers Hill's Don Price and Mexia's Craig Harris were recently interviewed for this vacancy. I would say all three are very qualified for the job. I would hate to see Flanigan leave Orangefield. I'm sure the people in Barbers Hill think the same about Price. I guess you can't blame them for wanting to go to a larger school. Click the link to read the article in the Baytown Sun.

http://www.baytownsun.com/story.lasso?wcd=14366

Wildcat81
01-15-2004, 02:40 PM
I guess they going for more money.I believe the
school district is Goose Creek.

JasperDog94
01-15-2004, 02:44 PM
We all remember 1 Barbers Hill fan that wouldn't be sad to see Price go, but I'm sure everyone else would.

Bobkat
01-15-2004, 03:40 PM
I wish Coach Flanigan the best of luck, but what I hope is we see him next year wearing Orange and White. He's done a tremendous job in turning the Orangefield program around and I for one would hate to see him leave. He's brought back some of that old Bobcat Pride and "WE BELIEVE" that has been lacking for a long time. He surrounded himself with a heck of a staff that gets every ounce of ability from each of their players. Of course if he does get the job, what a wonderful opportunity for an up and coming coach, and for his family. Best of luck Coach, but I think you look alot better in Orange!!!

noitall
01-15-2004, 09:33 PM
I totally agree with what has been said about Orangefields Coach Flanigan. Orangefield really has a top notch program with plenty of talented kids and I'm sure he has had plenty to do with all of the success. It would be a tough loss for Orangefield to lose such a well respected Coach.

Indy Jones
01-15-2004, 10:32 PM
I know several of these personally and have seen the others teams on playoff films. Do not think Sterling can go wrong with any of them....

St. Ivender
01-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Sterling couldn't go wrong with Minyard. If they choose one of the Lee coaches that would be a serious dig into their cross-town rivals playbook. I hope we get Flanigan though.

hsfan
01-16-2004, 07:17 PM
price withdrew his name.

Old Cardinal
01-17-2004, 02:18 PM
I too respect Kevin Flanigan at OF. The local politicians wanted to hang him from the closest derrick, or off the Hwy 105 Cow Bayou bridge for a few years. Thank goodness sanity prevailed in OF and he had a chance to put a quality athletic program together....I figure Price withdrew because BH has the money to sweeten his contract- LOL....Any of those mentioned are respected as fine Coaches.

ALLSPORTSGUY
01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Has anyone heard anymore news on this subject?

eagle.eyes
01-26-2004, 11:57 AM
The current defensive coordinator from Long's staff got the job. Minyard I think the name is.

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 10:59 AM: Message edited by: eagle.eyes ]</small>

Cat22
01-26-2004, 12:14 PM
To be honest I'm glad that Flanigan didn't get the job because I don't want to see him leave Orangefield, but I know it's just a matter of time before he leaves. I look for him to be the head coach at the 4A or 5A level soon. Hate to see him go. He has a great offensive mind.

eagle.eyes
01-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I hate to be selfish, but I feel the same for Price. We're just buying a little more time I guess.

BHKrystal06
01-26-2004, 04:00 PM
eagle.eyes:
I hate to be selfish, but I feel the same for Price. We're just buying a little more time I guess.I would hate to see Price go too..What would happen to BH athletics if he does?

champ80
01-27-2004, 02:56 PM
eagle.eyes:
The current defensive coordinator from Long's staff got the job. Minyard I think the name is.Herb Minyard........came with Long from Jacksonville.............This was a done deal before the interview process.......when Long took the Tyler AD job.....Herb was projected and ran the program the entire fall. Long left at Thanksgiving

Old No. 7
01-28-2004, 04:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
[QB]I too respect Kevin Flanigan at OF. The local politicians wanted to hang him from the closest derrick, or off the Hwy 105 Cow Bayou bridge for a few years.QUOTE]

I remember those years. I'm glad to see O.F. turn around. :cool:

Cat22
01-28-2004, 09:58 AM
Old No. 7:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
[QB]I too respect Kevin Flanigan at OF. The local politicians wanted to hang him from the closest derrick, or off the Hwy 105 Cow Bayou bridge for a few years.QUOTE]

I remember those years. I'm glad to see O.F. turn around. :cool: When Flanigan first came to OF he made alot of changes that I think most people were not sure of. For instance he changed the school logo. I think all the changes really upset some people. It's hard for a new coach to come into a school and try to install his program and be successful the first couple of years. I too am glad he stayed around because he has proved to be a great coach and I hope he sticks around OF for awhile, but I don't see it happening.

<small>[ January 28, 2004, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Cat22 ]</small>