PDA

View Full Version : This is GREAT news!

AP Panther Fan
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Since February 13th we have been anxiously awaiting news on my son's application to Texas State. Just checked their website on the status of his application and got the following....

Congratulations! You have been accepted to Texas State University-San Marcos for Fall 2006.

You have also been admitted to the McCoy College of Business Administration.

WOO HOO!:D Haven't gotten the letter in the mail, so I guess I will have to get him to check the website. This is absolutely the BEST news I have received in a long time!:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
03-06-2006, 04:45 PM
CONGRATS!!!!! :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
03-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Way to go!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
i hear their football team is in need of a QB :D

Phil C
03-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Way to go Michael!

44INAROW
03-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Now you get to start writing checks :) Seriously,,, great news :p

Manck
03-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Student looooooooaaaaaaaans!!!!! WAHOO!!!

pirate44
03-06-2006, 04:57 PM
that is great. congrats AP and family. :clap:

District303aPastPlayer
03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
celebration party at your house during spring break!!

Maroon87
03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Congrats!:)

AP Panther Fan
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys...I feel like I can almost breath again! His SAT and ACT scores were marginal at best, but his essay and letters of recommendation were wonderful.

I think you are correct about writing checks and student loans. The EFC (expected family contribution) on his SAR (student aid report) on the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) was a frightening amount! I think they expect the rest of the family to stop eating and wearing clothes! For now, I won't dwell on the negative....just rejoice over the positive!

Guess I will be looking for a bobcat avatar to go with my panther signature!:D

Eagle6Man
03-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Thanks guys...I feel like I can almost breath again! His SAT and ACT scores were marginal at best, but his essay and letters of recommendation were wonderful.

I think you are correct about writing checks and student loans. The EFC (expected family contribution) on his SAR (student aid report) on the FAFSA (free application for federal student aid) was a frightening amount! I think they expect the rest of the family to stop eating and wearing clothes! For now, I won't dwell on the negative....just rejoice over the positive!

Congrats! Now it's time to look for scholarships! Scholarships=free $

pirate4state
03-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Since February 13th we have been anxiously awaiting news on my son's application to Texas State. Just checked their website on the status of his application and got the following....

Congratulations! You have been accepted to Texas State University-San Marcos for Fall 2006.

WOO HOO!:D Haven't gotten the letter in the mail, so I guess I will have to get him to check the website. This is absolutely the BEST news I have received in a long time!:D :D :D

http://www.kit.netpoets.net/fireworks.gif That is so great!!! http://www.kit.netpoets.net/fireworks.gif

AWESOME!!! Tell M.T. I said WOO-HOO!!! and Eat 'em up Cats!!!

Pmoney
03-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Congrats!:clap: :thumbsup:

Bullaholic
03-06-2006, 06:03 PM

Congrats to your son, AP.....that's great. Happy for both of you. I'll compare notes with anybody in Texas on tuition--we put our son thru TCU.

Fish's mom
03-06-2006, 11:09 PM
Congrats To you and your son

You mean we actually got to pay for someone to make them leave our house:doh: LOL

Good Luck to him and you. I know the Fish doesn't swim until 2008 and he drives me crazy, But I think it will be harder on me than him to leave.:thinking:

injuredinmelee
03-06-2006, 11:30 PM
wooohoo and picked a party school!!! Seriously congrats to all of you!

SintonFan
03-07-2006, 02:32 AM

Congratulations APPF!
Get them motivated and they can take over the world.:)

piratebg
03-07-2006, 02:37 AM
Congratulations and best of luck to your son.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
03-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Congratulations, APPF! :)

sinton66
03-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Congrats my friend. Good news indeed.

GetRDoneStangs
03-07-2006, 08:50 AM
:cool: :clap: :cool:

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

Congrats and way to go! I still have year before I get to deal with it!

STANG RED
03-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Congrats! He's gonna love it there. My daughter is a freshman there, and has loved every minute of it. In fact, she is going to be an OL (Orientation Leader) down there this summer, so yall may get to meet her. She has applied to be an RA (Residential Assistant) for the 06/07 semesters. I sure hope she gets it. I will be free room and board for both semesters if she does. Room and board is what kills you anyway. You have to live on campus as a freshman, and if you live on campus you have to purchase a meal plan. On any of the plans, meals work out to be almost $7.00 each. $7 each for $3 or $4 meals at best, sucks. But I guess it is about the same, anywhere you go.

AP Panther Fan
03-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
She has applied to be an RA (Residential Assistant) for the 06/07 semesters. I sure hope she gets it. I will be free room and board for both semesters if she does.

That would certainly help ALOT! I hope she gets the RA position as well.

I will let you know when we find out which orientation we will be attending. It would be great to meet your daughter. :)