PDA

View Full Version : Latest scheduling rumor for the Longhorns...

KTJ
03-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Texas vs. TCU

Two at DKR, one at Amon Carter, and one at the Cowboys new stadium in Ag-town. (that's Arlington for all of you out of towners.)

:eek:

We need an emoticon that is puking or thowing up.

AggieJohn
03-06-2006, 08:59 AM
that's okay, we're playing the citadel next year?
honestly, i didn't even know they had a team....

apparently the previous a.d. wanted to have a military them to our OOC schedule...and has army, the citadel, and at one time troy.....

KTJ
03-06-2006, 11:58 AM
All four of those games are really home games for UT.

I'd rather us schedule Ohio State again.

Phil C
03-06-2006, 12:02 PM
TCU is a dangerous opponent for us KTJ! They worry me! Remember they pulled big upsets on us in 1941, 1959 and 1961!

JasperDog94
03-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
TCU is a dangerous opponent for us KTJ! They worry me! Remember they pulled big upsets on us in 1941, 1959 and 1961! Ahh yes. I remember it like it was yesterday...

Phil C
03-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Ahh yes. I remember it like it was yesterday...

And another scary thing about it Jasper is that all three of those big upsets were games played in Austin! :eek:

Adidas410s
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
TCU is a dangerous opponent for us KTJ! They worry me! Remember they pulled big upsets on us in 1941, 1959 and 1961!

Is there anything in team that UT ever plays that you AREN'T worried about Phil? :rolleyes: ;)

Aesculus gilmus
03-06-2006, 01:05 PM

I remember the 1941 game best of all.

"Boy, the way Glenn Miller played;
Songs that made the Hit Parade;
Guys like us, we had it made;
Those were the days."

Gobbla2001
03-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Is there anything in team that UT ever plays that you AREN'T worried about Phil? :rolleyes: ;)

No ha... Phil always keeps people straight...

DaHop72
03-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Is there anything in team that UT ever plays that you AREN'T worried about Phil? :rolleyes: ;) Women's soccer??????

Phil C
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
The UT football schedule for 2006 is a challenging one indeed! Remember also teams were always up for UT before but can you imagine now since they are the defending national champions.
I will repeat my analysis for the record. We must remember that UT must stay focused and cautious and careful for all of the games. They are tough.

First we play North Texas! Very dangerous indeed. Two years ago NT recruited an outstanding defensive lineman who will now be a sophomore so this team may be ready to be dangersous.

Then Ohio State comes to town and they will have an improved offense with their qb back. Fortunately, they lost some of their great linebackers but they will be tough. Fortunately the game is in Austin but it will be tough. Remember they whipped Ohio State in a bowl game recently.

Next we go to Rice in Houston!
:eek: This always scares me because in 1962 Rice tied us 14 to 14 and cost us a national championship. Rice is tough in Houston. Plus they have a new dynamic coach. And don't forget Major is there now. That increases the risk.

Next Iowa State comes and remember they almost beat Colorado out of the Northern Championship last year. Dangerous and scary indeed!

Next Sam Houston State and we must be careful. This team made the finals in the Division 2 and might have won it had they been the home team or if the game had been on a neutral field. Very risky. We have to be careful.

Then we play Oklahoma in Dallas and the Sooners are mad about last year and Bomar will be a year older and if Adrian is healthy we have to be careful. Fearsome time indeed.

Then we play Baylor who is bound to be improved especially with UT ex Bill Bradley coaching that defense. Very dangerous.

Then we have to go to Nebraska who has done well in recruiting and will be dangerous indeed in Nebraska. The scary thing is that we may have to play them twice if both teams get to the Big 12 Championship.

Then Texas Tech in Lubbock. TT has been tough up there and has pulled off upsets on us there in the past. I remember they did it one time in 1968 just to name one. We have to be careful. They are dangerous indeed.

Then Oklahoma State comes to town. We are indeed fortunate that the game is in Austin. Remember they have had big half time leads over us the past two years. Very scary.

Then we have to go to Kansas State who is dangerous and have had some top ten teams the past several years. We must be ready and careful.

Then we play Texas A&M which fortunately is in Austin but remember the scare they put on us last year. We must be careful with this dangerous team.

And all this is just during the regular season which is probably the toughest in the land indeed.

Bullaholic
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Texas vs. TCU

Two at DKR, one at Amon Carter, and one at the Cowboys new stadium in Ag-town. (that's Arlington for all of you out of towners.)

:eek:

We need an emoticon that is puking or thowing up.

Ask OU if them Horny Toads can play, KTJ.

3afan
03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
... Plus they have a new dynamic coach.

ever notice that in every analysis by Phil one of the opponents coaches is "dynamic" ..... look it up
;)

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41774&highlight=dynamic+coach

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40420&highlight=dynamic+coach

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32798&highlight=dynamic+coach

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32107&highlight=dynamic+coach

shall I go on? :D

Adidas410s
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Can anybody else hear Will Ferrell reading Phil's season analysis? I can just hear it now when he says "Then we play Oklahoma in Dallas and the Sooners are mad about last year and Bomar will be a year older and if Adrian is healthy we have to be careful. Fearsome time indeed."

JasperDog94
03-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I hear Will as Sean Connery. "I'll play your game, you rogue."

KTJ
03-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Ask OU if them Horny Toads can play, KTJ.

Texas > Oklahoma

:D