PDA

View Full Version : GreenMonster

GWOOD
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Iowa Park is coming to Midland next weekend for the West Texas Classic Baseball Tournament that Greenwood is hosting. We are excited about Iowa Park coming to West Texas. The tournament is being held at the Citibank Ballpark. This is the Midland Rockhounds AA Baseball Field, only four years old and it is nice.

How is Iowa Park doing this year? I'm guessing they may be the favorite for this tournament.

injuredinmelee
03-05-2006, 09:24 AM
IP is never any good at baseball.
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

VWG
03-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Iowa Park played this weekend in the Kennedale tournament. They got bounced one day by Mansfield Timberview, something like 11 - 0, but on Saturday they beat Kennedale 7-5.
Other than those two games I am not sure how they did.
Iowa Park lost a great deal of talent from last year's Region I finalist team that lost to Lubbock Cooper.
They should still be pretty salty this year, as they have a good catcher and Drew Fulfer is still in the mix with the team.
Iowa Park and Graham will battle it out in dist. 5-3A this year as both teams are young. I think Graham only has two or three seniors making any contributions this year and start three sophomores.

Macarthur
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
IP was 2-1 in the tourney with wins over Kennedale & Carter-Riverside. They did get smoked by Mansfield TV (5A school), not sure what they were doing in the tourney.

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
IP was 2-1 in the tourney with wins over Kennedale & Carter-Riverside. They did get smoked by Mansfield TV (5A school), not sure what they were doing in the tourney.

Macarthur, I have to ask because of a relative, but do you attend Irving Macarthur HS?

Macarthur
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Eagle6Man
Macarthur, I have to ask because of a relative, but do you attend Irving Macarthur HS?

No

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 01:41 PM
No

Ha ha, liar. You been busted J.

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Iowa Park played this weekend in the Kennedale tournament. They got bounced one day by Mansfield Timberview, something like 11 - 0, but on Saturday they beat Kennedale 7-5.
Other than those two games I am not sure how they did.
Iowa Park lost a great deal of talent from last year's Region I finalist team that lost to Lubbock Cooper.
They should still be pretty salty this year, as they have a good catcher and Drew Fulfer is still in the mix with the team.
Iowa Park and Graham will battle it out in dist. 5-3A this year as both teams are young. I think Graham only has two or three seniors making any contributions this year and start three sophomores.

IP will be gaining some depth on the mound and 3 to 4 starters back from basketball for this Midland Tourney. 3 of the top 4 pitchers for this season were hoopsters, actually they may be the top 3 pitchers period. Not real sure how that will play out. One of Region I's top competitors, Drew Fulfer, is one of the starters just coming out of basketball. This kid is the emotional leader of the Senior class and having that leadership will be huge for the Hawks. I'm not going to predict anything out of these kids for tournament ball but I will predict them to get at least 3 rounds deep in the play-offs. That has always been a trait of David Fuhrman coached baseball teams, late bloomers. Expect to see a pretty solid ballclub though. They will be competitive but they will also still have some holes that aren't filled in and the pitching may lack some stamina and control with the large number having only a week of practice time.

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ha ha, liar. You been busted J.

One thing I do know about the Monster.

If he says a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing, the chicken has some Copenhagen!!!!! LOL

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 02:12 PM
One thing I do know about the Monster.

If he says a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing, the chicken has some Copenhagen!!!!! LOL

Actually, that was a quick jab at my boy MacArthur. He is an IP GRAD. I found it funny someone would think he was still in HS, He's a heckuva lot closer to 40 than he is to 18. :D By the way, the chicken moved his snuff. It's under one of the hens like an egg right now, the goat kept bumming off of him so he told the goat he gave up tobacco all together.;)

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Actually, that was a quick jab at my boy MacArthur. He is an IP GRAD. I found it funny someone would think he was still in HS, He's a heckuva lot closer to 40 than he is to 18. :D By the way, the chicken moved his snuff. It's under one of the hens like an egg right now, the goat kept bumming off of him so he told the goat he gave up tobacco all together.;)

http://files.tagworld.com/1dbdd46777ec4abc485aba1b56cf1dd4425e.jpeg

LMAO

GreenMonster
03-05-2006, 02:34 PM
http://files.tagworld.com/1dbdd46777ec4abc485aba1b56cf1dd4425e.jpeg

Man, you didn't have to choke the chicken. All you had to do was say I sent you and he would have given you a pull from his can. Tobacco fiend!

Eagle6Man
03-05-2006, 02:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Something tells me I knew you in another life..LMAO!!

Macarthur
03-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Hey, no age jokes! That hits too close to home for me & melee!

:doh:

injuredinmelee
03-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey, no age jokes! That hits too close to home for me & melee!

:doh:

No kidding. We arent young bucks like GM. GM i talked to a kid that you went to school with. He was years younger than you i think it was. Real prize. Joe W_ l_e.

Ktulu345
03-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Iowa Park got third place in the kennedale tournament. We have 5 returning starters (4 of which just joined the team out of basketball) 3rd baseman Grant Gibson and Utility Drew Fulfer were named to the all tournament team; Fulfer hit .500 for the tournament and Gibson was just above that mark. Once the basketball players get back in to baseball shape this will be a tough team to deal with.

GreenMonster
03-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
No kidding. We arent young bucks like GM. GM i talked to a kid that you went to school with. He was years younger than you i think it was. Real prize. Joe W_ l_e. You got me? I have no idea who this is off hand Big Guy. I'd have to bust out the annuals and look around and that is WAY too involved for me. I did play in college with a guy from Cooper named Clay Straley. I know Abilene is a fairly big place and all but for some reason I tend to live in a very small world. Maybe you know him. Great guy, wonder whatever happened to him.