PDA

View Full Version : Monahans Sandhills Baseball Tournament

GWOOD
03-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Thursday Games
Crane 5 Greenwood 5 (Crane advances on tiebreaker rule)
Crane 11 Ft. Stockton 2
Presidio 5 Seminole 4
Big Spring 9 Alpine 3
Big Spring 8 Denver City 7
Monahans 14 El Paso Parkland 3

Friday Games
Seminole 9 Denver City 1
Greenwood 12 Seminole 9
Ft. Stockton 9 El Paso Parkland 7
Ft Stockton 8 Alpine 1
Presidio 8 Crane 2
Big Spring 12 Monahans 2

Saturday Games
Alpine 10 Seminole 9

Consolation Championship
Greenwood 7 Ft. Stockton 5

3rd Place Game
Crane vs. Monahans
I'm guessing Crane beat Monahans in this one

Championship Game
Presidio vs. Big Spring
I'm guessing Presidio in this one

Any Monahans posters who can fill in the last two games?

Presidio looks good again. Should be the favorite in 3-3A.

2A Crane was #7 & #9 in two preseason polls.

Greenwood goes 2-0-1 in tournament and only gets the consolation trophy

wtxmike
03-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Why u guessin monahans lost to crane?...........we won 7-2 in a pretty easy victory i'm really impressed with our baseball team this year

GWOOD
03-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by wtxmike
Why u guessin monahans lost to crane?...........we won 7-2 in a pretty easy victory i'm really impressed with our baseball team this year

Congratulations! Crane is a pretty scrappy team

Wtx_coach
03-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Pecos is the clear favorite in the district easily. Pecos defeated Presidio 7-2 and has won the Ozona and sweetwater tournament. The eagles start out the season 8-1

GWOOD
03-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach
Pecos is the clear favorite in the district easily. Pecos defeated Presidio 7-2 and has won the Ozona and sweetwater tournament. The eagles start out the season 8-1

I'm starting to hear a lot of good things about Pecos, especially about their pitcher. Didn't know you and Presidio had played each other. I'm assuming in the Ozona tournament?

Will get to see Pecos this weekend as they are part of the West Texas Baseball Classic being held in Midland.

Ranger Mom
03-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I'm starting to hear a lot of good things about Pecos, especially about their pitcher. Didn't know you and Presidio had played each other. I'm assuming in the Ozona tournament?

Will get to see Pecos this weekend as they are part of the West Texas Baseball Classic being held in Midland.

What is the schedule for this? My Saturday plans look like they may fall through, if yall are playing then I might have to check it out!

Wtx_coach
03-06-2006, 10:34 AM
They have a deep pitching staff. They have about 6 strong pitchers. They gave up 2 runs in the whole sweetwater tournament which they faced Lamesa, Sweetwater, Lubbock trinity and Brownwood. If they can stay eligible and healty, I think they can go for a long run this year!!!

GWOOD
03-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
What is the schedule for this? My Saturday plans look like they may fall through, if yall are playing then I might have to check it out!

Greenwood's Games, Pool B
Thursday - vs. Tyler Chapel Hill, 8:15 PM
Friday - vs. Iowa Park, 11:15 AM
Friday - vs. Tornillo, 3:45 PM

Then we will play two other games on Saturday, depending on how we do in our pool games. I should know Friday evening and I will PM you game times for Saturday.

Other teams in the tournament are Eldorado, O'Donnell, Midland Lee JV, and Pecos.

GWOOD
03-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Wtx_coach

Who was their one loss to?

STANG RED
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Pecos is a pretty solid ballclub all the way around.
Their ace pitcher is pretty impressive, but struggles with control just a little bit. I think, a good hitting ballclub could hit him a little better, if they stay patient at the plate. He gives you some hittable pitches when he gets behind in the count. You just have to lay off of the changeup. It is seldom a strike, but he gets hitters to chase it alot.

Wtx_coach
03-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Actually he has excellent controll, sweetwater was his first pitch game of the year so he was a little rusty!!